News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

FlashChat Integration

Started by Tyrsson, January 05, 2007, 03:44:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SMURF6060

QuoteBut how would i get it to show in the menu task bar?
QuoteYou'd need to ask the author of the theme how to add a new button.
If you provide a link to the theme download, I'll take a look at it ;)

http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item506
is the download link for BLOC'S  amber theme for smf 1.1 final

PacMan

Hi,

I've decided I'd like to keep all the functions of the mod but I would like to have the chat window seperated again from the forum page.  Is this possible to do without too much trouble?  Reason being for our forums purposes the page it taking up too much monitor space that our users need for for working with other windows workspace.

Thanks and appreicate it.
Mark (pacman)

4 stages of manhood. 1st we belive in Santa.. 2nd we find out Santa is not real. 3rd we learn to play we are santa and 4th We suddenly look like santa! ....  :)....  Merry Christmas!

Daniel15

Quote from: SMURF6060 on January 10, 2007, 09:45:50 PM

QuoteBut how would i get it to show in the menu task bar?
QuoteYou'd need to ask the author of the theme how to add a new button.
If you provide a link to the theme download, I'll take a look at it ;)

http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item506
is the download link for BLOC'S  amber theme for smf 1.1 final
OK, in Themes/amber11final/index.template.php, find:

if (in_array($_GET['action'],array('search','admin','calendar','profile','mlist','register','login','pm','help')))

Replace with:

if (in_array($_GET['action'],array('search','admin','calendar','profile','mlist','register','login','pm','help','chat')))

Also, find:

// The [calendar]!
if ($context['allow_calendar'])
echo $tab1, $ca== 'calendar' ? '1' : '2' , '"><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=calendar">'.$txt['calendar24']. '</a></td>';

Add after:

// FlashChat!
if ($context['user']['is_logged'])
echo $tab1, $ca== 'chat' ? '1' : '2' , '"><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=chat">'.$txt['fc_chat']. '</a></td>';

QuoteI've decided I'd like to keep all the functions of the mod but I would like to have the chat window seperated again from the forum page.  Is this possible to do without too much trouble?
Nope, no trouble at all :). Simply changing the link to the default FlashChat one will do this.
In Themes/default/index.template.php, find:

<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=chat">' , $txt['fc_chat'] , '</a>

Replace with:

<a href="', $GLOBALS['boardurl'], '/chat/flashchat.php">' , $txt['fc_chat'] , '</a>

In the future, there may be an option to enable or disable this in the admin panel :)
Daniel15, former Customisation team member, resigned due to lack of time. I still love everyone here :D.
Go to smfshop.com for SMFshop support, do NOT email or PM me!

SMURF6060

daniel , you ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks man!

Svatov

i could't find files
./chat/inc/flashChatTag.php
./chat/inc/cmses/smfCMS2.php

pls help me

Simplemachines Cowboy

If you mean that the mod failed on those files it means that you have an older version of flashchat.
ver 4.7.7 is different and has new stuff in it that has a couple of small errors.
My SMF forum: The Open Range

PacMan

Quote from: Daniel15 on January 11, 2007, 05:32:21 AM

Nope, no trouble at all :). Simply changing the link to the default FlashChat one will do this.
In Themes/default/index.template.php, find:

Replace with:

<a href="', $GLOBALS['boardurl'], '/chat/flashchat.php">' , $txt['fc_chat'] , '</a>

In the future, there may be an option to enable or disable this in the admin panel :)

Thanks a bunch Daniel15.

Mark
4 stages of manhood. 1st we belive in Santa.. 2nd we find out Santa is not real. 3rd we learn to play we are santa and 4th We suddenly look like santa! ....  :)....  Merry Christmas!

bobw

When I install the mod, I get this error:

Table 'smf3.flashchat_connections' doesn't exist
File: /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/russian-mosin-nagant-forums.com/httpdocs/smf/Sources/BoardIndex.php
Line: 359

Daniel15

Quote from: bobw on January 11, 2007, 09:15:00 PM
When I install the mod, I get this error:

Table 'smf3.flashchat_connections' doesn't exist
File: /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/russian-mosin-nagant-forums.com/httpdocs/smf/Sources/BoardIndex.php
Line: 359
When you installed FlashChat, did you choose the option to integrate it with SMF?
Daniel15, former Customisation team member, resigned due to lack of time. I still love everyone here :D.

Bubba

Thanks for this mod... I love it. I have one minor problem... It is not using the forum login for me. I installed the database as a table in my SMF database. I'm not sure how I screwed it up. When you click on chat in the menu bar, it comes to the login page. There is not a place for a new user to register, and I thought it would use the forum memberlist. Should I have installed to the main forum table with the same prefix?

wickedstangs

Daniel15
How hard is it to add mods to flashchat like the MP3 player and Components? Or even the Desktop Skin. Also this is an awesome Mod Thanks...

Daniel15

QuoteThanks for this mod... I love it. I have one minor problem... It is not using the forum login for me. I installed the database as a table in my SMF database. I'm not sure how I screwed it up. When you click on chat in the menu bar, it comes to the login page. There is not a place for a new user to register, and I thought it would use the forum memberlist. Should I have installed to the main forum table with the same prefix?
When you install FlashChat, make sure you choose the option to Integrate it into a seperate system. Then, when it asks you what system you're using, choose SMF 1.1. Full instructions are available at http://www.tufat.com/docs/flashchat/integration.html (note that you don't need to edit the index.template.php file, this mod does that automatically)

QuoteHow hard is it to add mods to flashchat like the MP3 player and Components? Or even the Desktop Skin
If you want to add the MP3 player and other modules, you'll need to obtain them from http://tufat.com/s_flashchat_module_pack.htm (they also cost US$5). Once you download them, you follow the instructions in the ZIP file to install them (this is not related to this modification, it's a FlashChat thing).

QuoteAlso this is an awesome Mod Thanks...
No problem :D

Bubba

Thanks.. I missed the checkbox.. I figured it was something stupid...

danielle12776

Would anyone happen to know if there is any way to add more smileys to this chat program?   ???  I have the program installed on my SMF forum, but would like more customizations.  I know this isn't the place to ask this question, but I was just wondering if anyone here would know.  :)

I know there is a drop-down list on the flashchat site, that allows you to add a customization for $5 each, but I don't see one for smileys. :(

chantao

Just a quick question, hope someone can give me an answer:

When installing Flashchat onto server, is it necessary to install the chat directory inside the forum directory to make the integration work?

Daniel15

QuoteWould anyone happen to know if there is any way to add more smileys to this chat program?
You need to have Macromedia Flash to add new smileys, as it involves editing the Flash file. Take a look at http://forum.tufat.com/showthread.php?t=7473 for more information ;)

QuoteWhen installing Flashchat onto server, is it necessary to install the chat directory inside the forum directory to make the integration work?
Yes, it is.

bobw

I have FlashChat integrated with my current SMF 1.1.1 theme and when I log out, I get the following error:

Internal Server Error
File not found.

Any idea what is causing it? I'm using the Dilber MC Theme by HarzeM. Also how do I properly create a button for that theme? I have one sort of cobbed up but I would like to have it look right.

// FlashChat!
      echo ($current_action == 'chat' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="menubg' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '' , '
            <td valign="center" class="menubg' , $current_action == 'chat' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">
            </td>' , $current_action == 'chat' ? '<td class="menubg' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '';

The other buttons like like this:

// The [Gallery]!

if ($context['allow_smfgallery_view'])           

echo'

<td align="center" class="menubg' , $current_action == 'gallery' ? '2' : '' , '">

<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=gallery">' , $txt['smfgallery_menu'] , '</a>               

</td>';           

Here's my forum url: http://www.russian-mosin-nagant-forums.com/smf

Thanks!

Daniel15

QuoteI have FlashChat integrated with my current SMF 1.1.1 theme and when I log out, I get the following error:

Internal Server Error
File not found.

Any idea what is causing it?
It's a bug, I still haven't fixed it ;)

Quotetheme? I have one sort of cobbed up but I would like to have it look right.

// FlashChat!
      echo ($current_action == 'chat' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="menubg' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '' , '
            <td valign="center" class="menubg' , $current_action == 'chat' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">
            </td>' , $current_action == 'chat' ? '<td class="menubg' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '';

The other buttons like like this:

// The [Gallery]!

if ($context['allow_smfgallery_view'])           

echo'

<td align="center" class="menubg' , $current_action == 'gallery' ? '2' : '' , '">

<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=gallery">' , $txt['smfgallery_menu'] , '</a>               

</td>';           
Your button should look like:

// FlashChat!
   echo '
            <td align="center" class="menubg' , $current_action == 'chat' ? '2' : '' , '">
            </td>';     

PacMan

Just a heads up... I was having a wierd problem with a NO OBJECT FOUND in the logout window and so I was looking into all the files and saw the file named "config.srv.php".  In there along with my mysql password was the line: " 'host' => 'localhost' ".  Well I am redirecting port 81 so I tried adding the :81 to the end of it making, it "'host' => 'localhost:81' and wallah!  I get a nice looking logout screen now.  Although I'm still having trouble passing session info back and forth this seemed to fix that little critter for now. :)  Hope this may help someone out there.

cheers mate
Mark

Advertisement: