Font and Size Dropdown 1.1

Started by Ferrika, January 23, 2007, 10:50:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trashgeek

Ok i got kindda like the same problem, possibly because im using spanish language but I alredy install the mod, can anyone tell me how can I translate the mod so I can see something in the boxes... (:

Nibogo

Quote from: trashgeek on July 17, 2009, 06:36:36 PM
Ok i got kindda like the same problem, possibly because im using spanish language but I alredy install the mod, can anyone tell me how can I translate the mod so I can see something in the boxes... (:

Here is the spanish translation:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=252307.msg1692700#msg1692700

You just have to open that two files and add the text before the "?>" without the ""

Best Regards

Deminora

I set up the Mod in SMF 1.1.10, it says that everything is successful but I don't see any new drop down at all... Maybe I need to activate it somewhere?

gbsothere

Quote from: Deminora on August 16, 2009, 05:18:34 PM
I set up the Mod in SMF 1.1.10, it says that everything is successful but I don't see any new drop down at all... Maybe I need to activate it somewhere?

Deminora, are you using a custom theme?  Also, what language?
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

Deminora

I'm using classic theme with russian language. I think I understand where the problem is.. I need to modify template files of my theme to have changes.. Thanks!

gbsothere

Quote from: Deminora on August 16, 2009, 05:55:35 PM
I'm using classic theme with russian language. I think I understand where the problem is.. I need to modify template files of my theme to have changes.. Thanks!

I hope it works out for you.   :)
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

searchgr

searchgr

I will try it to 1.1.10

It says: Compatible With:

searchgr

Execute Modification     ./Themes/default/Post.template.php     Test failed

Sabre™

That means you have a mod that already alters a position this mod is looking for in that template.
You will have to manually edit that template.
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

searchgr

Quote from: Sabre™ on October 14, 2009, 12:05:01 AM
That means you have a mod that already alters a position this mod is looking for in that template.
You will have to manually edit that template.

I found out that first must be installed this mod and after the 'Enhanced Dropdown' mod.

Sabre™

Very good, that routine may stand true for other installations aswell, or may not.
Glad you got it sorted :)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

SN

How can i get this mod working with Enhanced Quick Reply 2.0?

Tiribulus

Quote from: SN on November 22, 2009, 04:27:17 PM
How can i get this mod working with Enhanced Quick Reply 2.0?

This would be good to know, but I have some other questions that are killin me if anybody has any more knowledge about this than I do which wouldn't take too much.

How does this mod work. I have read this whole thread and have it now installed error free. Changing the fonts doesn't... uh... change the fonts. I can pick anything and the font is the same which figures if the code doesn't answer to any of my actual font info. The size function does work BTW. I've read here that the client machine determines what fonts can be used, but how can that be. Does it upload the font file to the server? (I'm pretty sure it doesn't :)) If not then that font can only be displayed on the posters machine. What about everybody else's? If it uses the server fonts, which ones. SMF or the host machine? How does it know the different ways that Linux and Windows handle fonts? Where is it getting it's font information from.

I still have not seen a coherent explanation (unless I missed it) on how to add fonts or where from though a few excellent questions have been asked. Such as: how to determine the naming convention for the font name itself, not the menu display name. Actually the stock fontface BBC tool didn't do anything either except set the tags in the post with verdana as the font so maybe there's some other issue with my server, which is my own machine BTW.

I've been twiddling with this for a couple hours and gotten nowhere. My eyes hurt :'( If anybody has any ideas that would be just fabulous.
Thanks.

SN

All is working for me, i highlight the font i want to change click the size, then it changes it same with the font type and colour. im not sure about adding fonts

but i would love it to work with the enhanced quick reply somehow

Tiribulus

I must really be missin something here. Even here, in these boards, the fontface dropdown gives me only the option to choose courier. On mine it gives me the options to choose the few fonts the mod adds to the code, but selecting any of them make no changes. The font is the same regardless of what I choose and I just don't know what to do to get this moving.

Paul Hypno

Quote from: LunyMarcus on June 25, 2007, 10:48:45 PM
Nice mod

downloaded the - FontAndSizeDropDown_1.2.tar.gz

installed fine with no errors but the size and font are backwards

English language; SMF 1.1.10

I get exactly the same - The 'Size' dropdown shows the fonts; the 'Font' dropdown shows the sizes  ??? ???

I don't know what to edit so...Help please!

Thanks

ameo

Paul, go here.

Just a couple of pages back, I've fixed it and attached correct file. So uninstall one you installed and install that one.
antechinus:
QuoteIf you are dying for a solution it may be wise to seek medical attention.
Get some Awesome Smileys for your forum

|±(ಠ_ಠ
)±|

Paul Hypno

Quote from: ameo on December 04, 2009, 04:55:12 AM
Paul, go here.

Just a couple of pages back, I've fixed it and attached correct file. So uninstall one you installed and install that one.

Thanks for prompt advice but this is 'FontAndSize DropDown_1.2.zip' which won't install on my SMF 1.1.10 (My page just returns to the 'Browse Packages' section)  Do you have the manual install

I was trying to install 'FontAndSize DropDown_1.3.zip', which I had assumed was an update on _1.2  I reckon that this mod is broken  :(

eng_HK

Hi,
I made some changes to this GREATE features, the capability to have until 30pt from 14 using step by 2 and added translation for italian..
Hope could be useful to someone...attached the XML file called 1.32

Advertisement: