Font and Size Dropdown 1.1

Started by Ferrika, January 23, 2007, 10:50:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SMASH

Hello,
First Thanks for a great mod.  :D

I did find a little error. You have <file name="$themedir/languages/Post.english.php">
<operation>
<search position="replace"><![CDATA[
$txt[532] = 'Font Size';
$txt[533] = 'Font Face';
]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[
$txt['font_face'] = 'Font Size';
$txt['font_arial'] = 'Arial';
$txt['font_times'] = 'Times New Roman';
$txt['font_comic'] = 'Comic Sans MS';
$txt['font_verd'] = 'Verdana';
$txt['font_heatt'] = 'Haettenschweiler';
$txt['font_taho'] = 'Tahoma';
$txt['font_size'] = 'Font Face';
$txt['size_9'] = '9pt';
$txt['size_10'] = '10pt';
$txt['size_11'] = '11pt';
$txt['size_12'] = '12pt';
$txt['size_13'] = '13pt';
$txt['size_14'] = '14pt';
]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

The "Font Size" and Font Face" are in the wrong spots. So after you install it it says, "Font Size" on the drop down but their are font types and on "Font Face" has font sizes.

Easy fix, just open "post.english.php" and change them around. I think the german one is miss up too.
Take care,
Brian

bassbass

Thanks SMASH for the clear and easy instructions.

bassbass

another thing, i tried to add more sizes in the same post.english.php file by copying and changing the size number and it only showed up to 14 just whats in the default package.  i read in the beginning of this thread that this will make it easy to add more sizes and more fonts style but could find anywhere how it can be done.  anyone added more sizes and more fonts please let us know how.  thanks in advance.

Jori

When i uninstalled the mod(i did because another mod included that function also) i get 2 empty boxes in place of the font face and font size, how do i get rid of them? On the uninstall i get an error on the modification of post.template.php, so i think i need to delete some code there, but i don't know where. Here is my post.template.php:hxxp:www.gmworks.hyperphp.com/forum/Themes/default/Post.template.php [nonactive]
Can please somebody help me?

TOOMUCH4MOST

Change both the post.english.php and the post.template.php in your themes & languages directories

Quote from: bassbass on September 19, 2007, 07:26:44 PM
another thing, i tried to add more sizes in the same post.english.php file by copying and changing the size number and it only showed up to 14 just whats in the default package.  i read in the beginning of this thread that this will make it easy to add more sizes and more fonts style but could find anywhere how it can be done.  anyone added more sizes and more fonts please let us know how.  thanks in advance.

bassbass

Thank you TOOMUCH4MOST, i will try it and report later.

haiwasnm

./Themes/default/Post.template.php  this is red , why?

Jade Elizabeth

because im simply not smart enough
how do i put this into my quick reply?
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Jade Elizabeth

Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

TeaTephi

I was trying to change my file to fix the font size and face error, but it wouldn't open.

I'm not a programmer, is there some editing software I need to open the .gz file?

Then I tried to uninstall the MOD, but it didn't uninstall.  (I was going to try a manual install)

It shows "uninstalled" but it is actually working (I think). 

I wanted to add some extra fonts, and larger sizes.

Can anyone help me?
SMF 2.0.2 | TinyPortal 1.107 Veterans day theme Opera 11.50
Mods:Profile Comments.....AEVA Media 2.10.....Activity in profile.....join-reason....Bookmarks 2.3.....SA Chat    Beta 4-1 Rev43....Tapatalk SMF 2.0 RC4/RC5/Final Plugin    3.0.1.....SMFPacks Likes Lite Mod

Thank you guys for all your support and development that you do.  I love my forum, and am so thankful to have a place to ask my questions.  I do love SMF 2.0 it's smoother and all my members love it!

glennk

I installed this and noticed that

1. The font face drop down shows font size and not font faces (and vice versa)
2. I get this error  Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL  http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/?pretty;board=north-east-coast-fishing;topic=saltburn-christmas-open.new
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
8: Undefined offset: 533
File: /home/glennk/public_html/forum/Themes/default/languages/Post.english.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 980
3. It wont allow me to uninstall and gives this error :
   Type     Action     Description
1.    Execute Modification    fontandsizedropdown_1.2.xml    Modification parse error
2.    Execute Modification    -    Modification parse error

Help pleaseeeeeeeee !!!!!!!!!!!.............................

Jade Elizabeth

for real dude, search this topic that problem has been fixed atleast 3 times :)

glennk

Hi Dude,

Im not too worried about the boxes being in the wrong place but my error log now has 63 pages of errors like this

QuoteApply Filter: Only show the error messages of this member  carpyken       Today at 06:39:22 PM
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this IP address 87.113.86.74      Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session fc91e20794bcc86be04eec5012fc789d
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/?pretty;board=north-east-coast-fishing;topic=fishing-2moro.0
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
8: Undefined offset: 532
File: /home/glennk/public_html/forum/Themes/default/languages/Post.english.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 979

And the mods only been installed for a couple of hours.

I can live with the wrong boxes but not the errors, I would like to uninstall but it wont let me.

Any advice please ?

Jade Elizabeth

send me your post english file and ill take a look

TeaTephi

Quote from: TeaTephi on December 23, 2007, 07:09:52 PM
I was trying to change my file to fix the font size and face error, but it wouldn't open.

I'm not a programmer, is there some editing software I need to open the .gz file?

Then I tried to uninstall the MOD, but it didn't uninstall.  (I was going to try a manual install)

It shows "uninstalled" but it is actually working (I think). 

I wanted to add some extra fonts, and larger sizes.

Can anyone help me?

I have read through this thread, but I may have missed the answer, when I tried to "fix it", I proceeded to uninstall it and now it says it is uninstalled, but it is not.

How do I fix this post.english.php file?  I don't know how to open it or with what.  I have just enough knowledge to mess everything up. 

Please help me.

Solved :  I downloaded the file using my ftp (my new Best Friend) and right clicked using Notepad ++ I was able to not only fix the error (font face and size) but also I modified the post.template.php in the default theme folder to ADD MORE FONTS!

It was easy once I knew what programs opened the php file and how to upload it back through my ftp.

HOWEVER, it still "shows" the MOD as not installed (because I tried to uninstall it and start over).

I never reinstalled it because I'm afraid I'll mess it up.  Since it works, why fix something that is not broke though right?

If anyone thinks I should correct this (you technical geniuses) let me know.

Thanks TEA
SMF 2.0.2 | TinyPortal 1.107 Veterans day theme Opera 11.50
Mods:Profile Comments.....AEVA Media 2.10.....Activity in profile.....join-reason....Bookmarks 2.3.....SA Chat    Beta 4-1 Rev43....Tapatalk SMF 2.0 RC4/RC5/Final Plugin    3.0.1.....SMFPacks Likes Lite Mod

Thank you guys for all your support and development that you do.  I love my forum, and am so thankful to have a place to ask my questions.  I do love SMF 2.0 it's smoother and all my members love it!

glennk

Hi Alundra thanks for your offer. this is the code

<?php
// Version: 1.1; Post

$txt[25] = 'Post reply';
$txt[71] = 'Message icon';
$txt[77] = 'The Subject field was not filled out. It is required.';
$txt[78] = 'The Message Body was not filled out. It is required.';
// Use numeric entities in the below string.
$txt[130] = "Regards,\nThe " $context['forum_name'] . ' Team.';
$txt[252] = 'Add BBC tags';
$txt[253] = 'Bold';
$txt[254] = 'Italicized';
$txt[255] = 'Underline';
$txt[256] = 'Centered';
$txt[257] = 'Insert Hyperlink';
$txt[258] = 'Insert Email';
$txt[259] = 'Insert Code';
// Escape any single quotes in here twice.. 'it\'s' -> 'it\\\'s'.
$txt[260] = 'Insert Quote';
$txt[261] = 'Insert List';

$txt['change_color'] = 'Change Color';
$txt[262] = 'Black';
$txt[263] = 'Red';
$txt[264] = 'Yellow';
$txt[265] = 'Pink';
$txt[266] = 'Green';
$txt[267] = 'Orange';
$txt[268] = 'Purple';
$txt[269] = 'Blue';
$txt[270] = 'Beige';
$txt[271] = 'Brown';
$txt[272] = 'Teal';
$txt[273] = 'Navy';
$txt[274] = 'Maroon';
$txt[275] = 'Lime Green';
$txt[276] = 'Disable Smileys';
$txt[277] = 'Don\'t use smileys.';
// Escape any single quotes in here twice.. 'it\'s' -> 'it\\\'s'.
$txt[280] = 'Posted on';
$txt[281] = 'Standard';
$txt[282] = 'Thumb Up';
$txt[283] = 'Thumb Down';
$txt[284] = 'Exclamation point';
$txt[285] = 'Question mark';
$txt[286] = 'Lamp';
$txt[297] = 'Add Smileys';
$txt[433] = 'Insert Flash';
$txt[434] = 'Insert FTP Link';
$txt[435] = 'Insert Image';
$txt[436] = 'Insert Table';
$txt[437] = 'Insert Table Column';
$txt[438] = 'There are no topics with Notification.';
$txt[439] = 'Marquee';
$txt[440] = 'Teletype';
$txt[441] = 'Strikethrough';
$txt[442] = 'Glow';
$txt[443] = 'Shadow';
$txt[444] = 'Preformatted Text';
$txt[445] = 'Left Align';
$txt[446] = 'Right Align';
$txt[447] = 'Superscript';
$txt[448] = 'Subscript';
$txt[449] = 'Insert Table Row';
$txt[499] = 'Your message is too long. Please go back and shorten it, then try again.';
$txt[531] = 'Horizontal Rule';
$txt['font_face'] = 'Font Size';
$txt['font_arial'] = 'Arial';
$txt['font_times'] = 'Times New Roman';
$txt['font_comic'] = 'Comic Sans MS';
$txt['font_verd'] = 'Verdana';
$txt['font_heatt'] = 'Haettenschweiler';
$txt['font_taho'] = 'Tahoma';
$txt['font_size'] = 'Font Face';
$txt['size_9'] = '9pt';
$txt['size_10'] = '10pt';
$txt['size_11'] = '11pt';
$txt['size_12'] = '12pt';
$txt['size_13'] = '13pt';
$txt['size_14'] = '14pt';

// Use numeric entities in the below five strings.
$txt['notify_boards'] = 'A new topic, \'%s\', has been made on a board you are watching.' "\n\n" 'You can see it at' "\n" '%s' "\n\n";
$txt['notify_boards_subject'] = 'New Topic: %s';
$txt['notify_boards_once'] = 'More topics may be posted, but you won\'t receive more email notifications until you return to the board and read some of them.';
$txt['notifyUnsubscribe'] = 'Unsubscribe to this topic by clicking here';
$txt['notify_boardsUnsubscribe'] = 'Unsubscribe to new topics from this board by clicking here';

$txt['smf13'] = 'Lock after Post';
$txt['smf14'] = 'Notify me of replies.';
$txt['smf15'] = 'Lock this topic.';
$txt['smf16'] = 'shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview';
$txt['smf22'] = 'Option';
$txt['smf40'] = 'Reset Vote Count';
$txt['smf41'] = 'Check this if you want to reset all vote counts to 0.';
$txt['smf42'] = 'votes';
$txt['smf119'] = 'Attach';
$txt['smf119b'] = 'Attached';
$txt['smf120'] = 'Allowed file types';
$txt['smf121'] = 'Maximum attachment size allowed';
$txt['smf123'] = 'You cannot upload that type of file. The only allowed extensions are';
$txt['smf129'] = 'To delete your attachment, leave this blank.';
$txt['smf130'] = 'Uncheck the attachments you no longer want attached';
$txt['smf130b'] = 'That is a restricted filename. Please try a different filename.';
$txt['smf287'] = 'Warning: topic is currently/will be locked!<br />Only admins and moderators can reply.';

// Use numeric entities in the below three strings.
$txt['notifyXAnn2'] = 'New announcement';
$txt['notifyXAnn3'] = 'To unsubscribe from these announcements, login to the forum and uncheck "Receive forum announcements and important notifications by email." in your profile.' "\n\n" 'You can view the full announcement by following this link:';
$txt['notifyXOnce2'] = 'More replies may be posted, but you won\'t receive any more notifications until you read the topic.';

$txt['rtm2'] = 'Enter comment';
// Use numeric entities in the below two strings.
$txt['rtm3'] = 'Reported post';
$txt['rtm4'] = 'by';
$txt['rtm10'] = 'Submit';
// Use numeric entities in the below four strings.
$txt['rtm_email1'] = 'The following post, "%s" by';
$txt['rtm_email2'] = 'has been reported by';
$txt['rtm_email3'] = 'on a board you moderate';
$txt['rtm_email_comment'] = 'The reporter has made the following comment';

$txt['maxAttachPerPost'] = 'per post';

$txt['post_additionalopt'] = 'Additional Options...';
$txt['sticky_after2'] = 'Sticky this topic.';
$txt['move_after2'] = 'Move this topic.';
$txt['back_to_topic'] = 'Return to this topic.';

$txt['retrieving_quote'] = 'Retrieving Quote...';

$txt['poll_options'] = 'Poll Options';
$txt['poll_options1a'] = 'Run the poll for';
$txt['poll_options1b'] = 'days. (leave blank for no limit)';
$txt['poll_options2'] = 'Show the poll\'s results to anyone.';
$txt['poll_options3'] = 'Only show the results after someone has voted.';
$txt['poll_options4'] = 'Only show the results after the poll has expired.';
$txt['poll_options5'] = 'Maximum votes per user.';
$txt['poll_options7'] = 'Allow user to change vote.';
$txt['poll_error1'] = 'You selected too many options.  For this poll, you may only select %s options.';
$txt['poll_add_option'] = 'Add Option';

$txt['spellcheck_done'] = 'Spell checking complete.';
$txt['spellcheck_change_to'] = 'Change To:';
$txt['spellcheck_suggest'] = 'Suggestions:';
$txt['spellcheck_change'] = 'Change';
$txt['spellcheck_change_all'] = 'Change All';
$txt['spellcheck_ignore'] = 'Ignore';
$txt['spellcheck_ignore_all'] = 'Ignore All';

$txt['more_attachments'] = 'more attachments';
// Don't use entities in the below string.
$txt['more_attachments_error'] = 'Sorry, you aren\'t allowed to post any more attachments.';

$txt['more_smileys'] = 'more';
$txt['more_smileys_title'] = 'Additional smileys';
$txt['more_smileys_pick'] = 'Pick a smiley';
$txt['more_smileys_close_window'] = 'Close Window';

$txt['error_new_reply'] = 'Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.';
$txt['error_new_replies'] = 'Warning - while you were typing %d new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.';
$txt['error_new_reply_reading'] = 'Warning - while you were reading a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.';
$txt['error_new_replies_reading'] = 'Warning - while you were reading %d new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.';
$txt['error_old_topic'] = 'Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least ' $modSettings['oldTopicDays'] . ' days.<br />Unless you\'re sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.';

// Use numeric entities in the below sixteen strings.
$txt['notification_reply_subject'] = 'Topic reply: %s';
$txt['notification_reply'] = 'A reply has been posted to a topic you are watching by %s.' "\n\n" 'View the reply at: ';
$txt['notification_sticky_subject'] = 'Topic stickied: %s';
$txt['notification_sticky'] = 'A topic you are watching has been marked as a sticky topic by %s.' "\n\n" 'View the topic at: ';
$txt['notification_lock_subject'] = 'Topic locked: %s';
$txt['notification_lock'] = 'A topic you are watching has been locked by %s.' "\n\n" 'View the topic at: ';
$txt['notification_unlock_subject'] = 'Topic unlocked: %s';
$txt['notification_unlock'] = 'A topic you are watching has been unlocked by %s.' "\n\n" 'View the topic at: ';
$txt['notification_remove_subject'] = 'Topic removed: %s';
$txt['notification_remove'] = 'A topic you are watching has been removed by %s.';
$txt['notification_move_subject'] = 'Topic moved: %s';
$txt['notification_move'] = 'A topic you are watching has been moved to another board by %s.' "\n\n" 'View the topic at: ';
$txt['notification_merge_subject'] = 'Topic merged: %s';
$txt['notification_merge'] = 'A topic you are watching has been merged with another topic by %s.' "\n\n" 'View the new merged topic at: ';
$txt['notification_split_subject'] = 'Topic split: %s';
$txt['notification_split'] = 'A topic you are watching has been split into two or more topics by %s.' "\n\n" 'View what remains of this topic at: ';

// Use numeric entities in the below two strings.
$txt['notification_reply_body'] = 'The text of the reply is shown below:';
$txt['notification_new_topic_body'] = 'The text of the topic is shown below:';

$txt['announce_this_topic'] = 'Send an announcement about this topic to the members:';
$txt['announce_title'] = 'Send an announcement';
$txt['announce_desc'] = 'This form allows you to send an announcement to the selected membergroups about this topic.';
$txt['announce_sending'] = 'Sending announcement of topic';
$txt['announce_done'] = 'done';
$txt['announce_continue'] = 'Continue';
$txt['announce_topic'] = 'Announce topic.';
$txt['announce_regular_members'] = 'Regular Members';

?>

Jade Elizabeth

can you attach it or email it to me so i can see the line numbers please?

<emails in my profile, im on msn right now if you have it :)

tophe

Thanks for a great mod!
I have a question...

I want to modify it so that every entry in the Font Face menu is acctually written in its own font...

Like this:

Courier
Arial
Arial Black
etc..

So the users will se what the acctual font will look like when they choose it.
Is that possible?
It would be great to do that with the color as well.

Matthew Schenker

Quote from: TOOMUCH4MOST on September 30, 2007, 07:43:40 PM
Change both the post.english.php and the post.template.php in your themes & languages directories

Quote from: bassbass on September 19, 2007, 07:26:44 PM

If I just add new entries in the Post.template.php file, and in the Post.english.php file, that makes the fonts available?  Do I have to install the fonts anywhere else?

Thanks!

MaryLouW

I have the same question as Matthew.  I can see in the .php files where one can add a font but which fonts can you add?  Do you need to have them installed somewhere?  Is there a set of ''reserved words" used for font names?

For example, if I wanted to install the font Georgia, what would I put in the .php file for names and do I have to install that font somewhere?

The same with font size.  How can you get one larger than 14 points?

Advertisement: