[SMF Converter] SimpleBoard 1.0 and 1.1

Started by JayBachatero, January 26, 2007, 09:25:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

babylon

yes i tries administrator and Administrator..

and i just used the lost pass function..
made the password again ,now i could login...but no admin functions...

Oldiesmann

What specifically does it say in the "usertype" column in your simpleboard users table? Is it "Administrator" with a capital A or "administrator" with a lowercase a? It makes a big difference because PHP sees them as two different things (I'm pretty sure MySQL does as well)
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

babylon

i have it now ...JayBachatero :D

i dumped the tables again and try to find out what the problem was,cause whatever it was ,it happend after converting...

and then i noticed....
before the converting the admins ID_GROUP is 1
after converting its set to 0

now i could login and all admin functions show...

i run that count and statistics and now also the total replies show...

but...JayBachatero...

a thing you didnt answered was ....

Am i gonna end up with 2 logins if i use this forum ?
My site runs with community builder as well...

JayBachatero

Well I knew that 1 id for admin and 0 is regular memebr :P.  Still doesn't andwer the question.  What did the usertype column say?  Can you email me a dump of the users table?

About the loggin I think you can just use the joomla/mambo integration.  I'm not familiar with that though.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

babylon

the usertype ?

Of my joomla users table the was Administrator and is Super Administrator as usertype.

btw..
another thing.....

Words like :....    don't ,  I'm  ,   I'll

no show like      don\\'t ,  I\\'m  ,   I\\'ll

Where does that come from ?

JayBachatero

Ok I stripped slashes since the converter already adds them so it should fix this issue you have now.

Is it possible for me to get access to your phpMyAdmin so that I can look at the users table and determine what I need to do to convert administrator correctly.
Follow me on Twitter

babylon

but you can get a copy of the users table everywhere cause its joomla ...right?
i cant give any access,sorry....
its not personal...but a rule..

and i just decided not to use it cause with intergration / bridge it looks terrible...

but atleast it helped you....

Oldiesmann

We can get a copy anywhere, but it takes a while to set everything up, and the default configuration might be different than how you have things set up. You can trust the team members with access to your database.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

babylon

well sure you can ask,but its not a question of trust....
its something i just cant do.....

but this is my users table.....

CREATE TABLE `jos_users` (
  `id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `name` varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',
  `username` varchar(25) NOT NULL default '',
  `email` varchar(100) NOT NULL default '',
  `password` varchar(100) NOT NULL default '',
  `usertype` varchar(25) NOT NULL default '',
  `block` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0',
  `sendEmail` tinyint(4) default '0',
  `gid` tinyint(3) unsigned NOT NULL default '1',
  `registerDate` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
  `lastvisitDate` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
  `activation` varchar(100) NOT NULL default '',
  `params` text NOT NULL,
  `enable_blog` int(11) default '1',
  `enable_frontpage` int(11) default '0',
  `profile_detail` mediumtext NOT NULL,
  `blogmail_enable` int(11) default '1',
  `blogmail_count` int(11) default '10',
  `blogmail_blog_published` int(11) default '0',
  `blogmail_blog_section` int(11) default '0',
  `blogmail_blog_category` int(11) default '0',
  `blogmail_account` varchar(100) default '[email protected]',
  `blogmail_password` varchar(100) default NULL,
  `blogmail_server` varchar(100) default 'site.com',
  `blogmail_protocol` varchar(50) default '110/pop3',
  `blogmail_ssl` varchar(100) default 'none',
  `blogmail_folder` varchar(255) default 'images/stories',
  PRIMARY KEY  (`id`),
  KEY `usertype` (`usertype`),
  KEY `idx_name` (`name`)
) TYPE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=5357 ;

imranbaig

Thanks a billion this worked like a charm.

maranate

Did you ever figure out why the admin disappears?  I just converted a joomlaboard to smf, and the admin disappeared.  To fix it, I just reinstalled smf, added a new admin, logged in as the new admin, changed the original admin back to an admin, then deleted the "new" admin.

Also, I'm still getting slashes wherever there is an apostrophe (like I\'m).

JayBachatero

Umm are you using the converter from this topic right?  It should strip the slashes.  In regards to the admin stuff I never really figured it out.  Never got a forum to test the conversion on and rewrite the query that handles the admin permission.
Follow me on Twitter

maranate

Well, I thought I had! 

Do you need a very big forum to test it on?  I'm going to be moving a joomla site that has joomlaboard with barely any use, and after I move it, I'm going to switch it to SMF too.  Let me know if I can help.

JayBachatero

Send me a PM with access to phpMyAdmin and I'll see what I can come up with.
Follow me on Twitter

maranate

OK, I have to move it first because it's on Go Daddy and I hate it - I'm moving it to a host with cPanel access.  It will probably be later this week, then I'll send you the PM.

eclipse115

I'm having problems with the converter.

I have a Mambo installation 4.5.2 and Simpleboard 1.1 RC.

This is the error I'm getting:

Converting posts (this may take some time)... Unsuccessful!
This query:

INSERT INTO `girlsgam_smf1`.smf_messages
    (ID_MSG, ID_TOPIC, posterTime, SUBSTRING(m.subject, 1, 255), ID_MEMBER, posterName, posterEmail, posterIP, ID_BOARD, body, modifiedName, icon)

lots of post data then:
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'SUBSTRING(m.subject, 1, 255), ID_MEMBER, posterName, posterEmail, posterIP, ID_B' at line 2

I customized a few things on my simpleboard back in the day, mainly layout and look.  Any help you can provide is appreciated.  If you need access to any of my files please let me know.

Thanks in advance!
lindsey

Daen

Quick question for you guys-- I'm converting from Simpleboard 1.0 to SMF-- I downloaded the script off the Download page.  I'll probably take a look at the one on the thread and try to see which one is newer. 

However, there's another issue: We're using SMF in conjunction with Drupal.  I've been working on carrying over all the data and so far on our own we've already got the members and everything else worked out and synced.  The only thing we're interested in copying are the threads and posts-- we don't want administrator accounts, users, members, avatars, categories/boards, or anything else other than the threads and posts carried over.

Will it work if I simply comment out the sql and sections that deal with converting the parts we don't want moved?  Or is it more complicated than that?  Any tips or advice is appreciated.

Edit: Actually, if it's easier to port over the categories and boards than it is to deal with them already in place, then we might be interested in doing that.

SleePy

You shouldn't comment them out, but you can. SMF needs to know who made the posts. If it can't find them it will assume they are guest posts. So you will lose lots of posts counts. Everything will be a guest post without the user.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Daen

That's another issue: we don't care about post counts on a per user basis.  As a matter of fact, I'd like to totally disable it if possible.  Is there a way to do that other than have the boards not count posts?

However, I managed to find a way to port it using some of our own SQL.  All the posters' IDs are the same on both the old and the new systems, so it managed to keep track of who posted what.

SleePy

Then you can comment it out. But run forum maintinance stuff in Admin -> Forum maintinance after you do this so it can find and repair stuff that might be broken. Which may be a lot.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Advertisement: