convert "Medal System" (phpBB mod) to SMF?

Started by Zuma, January 30, 2007, 12:09:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zuma

Hello!

I have a multi-gaming clan forum and we have just changed from phpBB to SMF. Its almost perfect but I really miss a mod like the Medal System from phpBB. I've searched for something similar but no luck. So I'd like to know if someone could try to convert it to SMF, or at least help me a bit (my experience with php is very very minimal).

I find this mod very much functional since it's a great award system and may be used not just by clans but also by any sort of community.

Here is a link to the phpBB mod codes

Here a good example of what it would look like (in brazilian portuguese, my language):

All medals detailed Medal Name and pic, Medal Description, Awarded users, Medal moderator (the one who has permissions to give the medal)
Example of an user's profile (you can click on "detalhes da premiaçao" to show reasons for each medal)

If anyone could convert it to me or help me on doing this it would be very much appreciated, thank you in advance.

ディン1031

Support only via MOD Thread! NO PM Support!
My Forum: ayu][kult Forum
My Mods: My Small Mod Collection
My Parser: DIN1031's ModParser
Current Info: More away the next days, because i've to much work to do :x

Zuma

Hi mate

No this isn't.. I had a look on those 3 before but unfortunately they don't fit.

The Medal System I'm talking about consists of:

A ACP medal management panel
A Medal Listing page to display all medal information
A Medal moderator management panel for adding/removing medal from users
An e-mail is sent to user receiving the medal
Display amount of medal a user holds on viewtopic and profile page

This is how it would look at user's post:

This is how it would look at user's profile (displaying all his medal pics, and a "show awards details" button):

This is how it would look when clicking on the "show awards details" button:

And that would be the medal listing page to display all available medals in the site and their informations:

franklinrony

http://twitter.com/franklinrony

Entra y aprende a ser un webmaster
www.sv-blog.com
--Si pides ayuda al menos agradece el soporte recibido----

Zuma

Quote from: frony on January 30, 2007, 11:20:10 PM
good idea convert this mod

Thanks.

This mod is like 4 years old and its used in most clan phpBB forums... I really need it in my site since I've been using it for ages and my members miss it so bad

Not having this mod in SMF is going back to phpBB to me.. =(

Zuma

*bump*

Haven't seen DIN1031 in a while, I think he gave up on making the mod

Anyone else would want to help me converting this??

Please...

Zuma

2 months gone... DIN1031 gave up on this one, could anybody here help on converting this one?

This mod is so popular in phpBB... just search google and you'll find hundreds of forums using it, specially gaming forums...

rowedf

Darn, this mod would be REALLY nice for just about all gaming clans.  I hope someone can do it.

karlbenson

sounds like it would be nice for gaming.

I don't think that it would be that hard to do
Unfortunately, I'm completely swamped with mods I'm already working on for at least the new few months.

ディン1031

I've not stop develop it, but currently my board is more improtend for me.
Since the upgrade i need to insert all the mods again, and need also a lot of new programmend thing, and until this is not finished i will not finish this mod. (And sometime in the next weeks i will move to new server so i need also time for this...).

If someone else will finish it ;), i can give him my current version of the mod.
(Something like 22% finished).

Bye
DIN1031

Zuma

Hey DIN1031, can you e-mail me the files?

Maybe someone else could also want them to try to get it finished?

I feel like learning php just to get this mod done, hehe.

Wal-Mart Security

I'll work on it, email them to me at [email protected]

I need a good mod like this for my site as well.  I was working on a different mod but I didn't read a post saying it was already being worked on :-\
Achilleus Technologies
Ace Gaming Syndicate
PART TIME SMF CHARTER MEMBER 4LIFE

SMF slays phpbb, puts it in an IPB coffin, and buries them both with the ashes of vBulletin.

Zuma

Quote from: Achilleus on April 13, 2007, 08:30:23 PM
I'll work on it, email them to me at [email protected]

I need a good mod like this for my site as well.  I was working on a different mod but I didn't read a post saying it was already being worked on :-\

Tip of the day: never give up bumping your mod requests, there's always a hope. :P

Thank you Achilleus! Can't wait..

Wal-Mart Security

Achilleus Technologies
Ace Gaming Syndicate

SMF slays phpbb, puts it in an IPB coffin, and buries them both with the ashes of vBulletin.

rowedf

Just wondering how the status of this is going?

rowedf

ディン1031

Hi

I forgot to take it with me, from my parants (my extern HDD is lying on my fathers desk) << so it's on stop until i'm there again... (in 2 weeks around Week 22) than i hope i can finish it or at least sent it to some of the users who whant to finish it.

I can tell only to the current Status:
  • Create/Edit Categorie
  • Define Medal Mods
  • Define Medal Categorie Mods
  • Create/Edit Medal
  • Some Overview Lists
  • Add Medal to Member(s)
  • Edit Medal to Member(s)
  • Create Global Medal Mods.
  • Some Delete Functions... (I'm not sure how Many).

What it missing
  • Integration in the SMF Topic and Profile Display
  • Some importent function overworks
  • ModSettings Integrations
  • Themesoverwork for the Medal Listing
  • Singel Medal Showing
  • Delete Functions (I think i insert it, but i'm not 100% sure)
  • i think i miss some more ;).

So That is the Current State... Sorry that i'm not faster, but i got not so much time to work on it because i must do some other things, too (life still goes on).

Bye
    DIN1031[/s]

Zuma

Hey guys I didn't know ディン1031 was still on it as it's been 5 months since I posted the request so I've tried to make the mod myself.

The mod's functionality is READY, all I need now is to mess with the templates to make it look more like I was planning.

Also, I'm stuck in a problem posted here that's probably only with my server/forum. This problem won't let me test the "medals summary page" in my forum, so if any of you interested on this mod could help me testing it on your forums, please PM me.

Sheepdog360

any status on this mod? I could really use this on a couple of different forums...
a paintball forum and a few gamers forums

Wal-Mart Security

I was just talking to him earlier today and he said he's got a working version on his site.  It's not packaged up though because he wants to wait to package it after 2.0 comes out.
Achilleus Technologies
Ace Gaming Syndicate

Advertisement: