News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Pretty URLs

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 31, 2007, 10:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannii

Sure it's a problem with this mod? I don't see how that could possibly be affected.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Nao 尚

Quote from: ܝܠܕܟ on November 29, 2007, 07:49:07 AM
Ahhh, that explains how those two dashes got there!
I thought we had already discussed that? I wasn't aware about the whole "-- is a comment" thing, *you* taught me about it ;)
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

rehan

hi..
I installed it.. An i m getting this error on the right top of everypage ..

// Pretty URLs mod $txt['pretty_root_url'] = 'Pretty URLs root URL
(Without a final slash)
'; $txt['pretty_enable_filters'] = 'Enable URL filters
This may be a substantial performance hit
';

My theme is city scape is it all bcoz of the theme

I uninstalled it for now.. and i tried to install it manually via http://www.smfhacks.com/packageparser

but when i imported the package it says...
This is general information about the package, such as the package ID and name.
Package ID: vbgamer45:UserEmailSystem
Package name: User Email System
Package version: 1.2
Package type: modification
i blieve this is not prety url package.. i m confused... :s

L.G.S

Quote from: ܝܠܕܟ on November 29, 2007, 08:54:21 AM
Sure it's a problem with this mod? I don't see how that could possibly be affected.

That's what I thought, but I haven't changed anything nor has my host since it started happening, the only thing I can think of is PrettyUrls because most of my errors come from that when things are linked properly.... :S
FREE and LIVE World Cup + Premier League football streams:

www.gamesandgoals.com

Dannii

QuoteI installed it.. An i m getting this error on the right top of everypage ..
Looks like there's a problem in your Modifications.english.php

QuoteThat's what I thought, but I haven't changed anything nor has my host since it started happening, the only thing I can think of is PrettyUrls because most of my errors come from that when things are linked properly.... :S
Does it still happen if you disable pretty urls? Anything in the error log etc?
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

ketchup

I'm not seeing anything in the featues and settings that says activat pretty urls

all the packegs were intalled suscessfully

I am using default theme

Also i tried installing other mods and their functionality doesn't show up either I notice like feed poster link in admin area

this is new install

Dannii

In 0.7 there'll be a small section in the Features and Options page. In the 0.8 snapshot there's a whole new section in the menu.

However if other mods aren't installing then it's probably a problem with your package manager and not this mod.

viulian

Quote from: ܝܠܕܟ on November 28, 2007, 08:26:37 PM
viulian, the mod is designed to be optimised for runtime, not for backing it up. I think one huge table is the most efficient way to do this, as the index should (hopefully) mean that the entries can be found in the same speed regardless of the table length.

Yah, it's ok with me, it runs fast and does a good job! [Even if I have to admit it was a surprise to find out it doubled the database size :D ]

I am running a version I installed 3-4 months ago and it works properly [Version: 0.6; PrettyUrls-Filters]. I noticed that there are new releases - however... Is there a reason to upgrade :) ? I remember doing some patching so I would not want to go through diffs again, etc..

Thanks!

rehan

Quote from: Dannii on November 29, 2007, 08:42:23 PM
Looks like there's a problem in your Modifications.english.php

Yes i was also thinking the same.. coz in cityscape theme there's no file with this name is language folder..
I'll try to create an empty file with this name.. and try to install it again..
But still i think i shld install it manually.. I need ur suggetion's about its manuall installation...

Also one more thing will it convert the url's of  posts already made to pretty looking url's or it will only convert new post's that are made after the installation..?

Greyhound

OK, i have another question.  I like this mod.  I want to put it on another site that I have.  It is conflicting with one of the mods.  It installs OK but once pretty urls is installed it makes it so the Simple Awards Mod (http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=539) doesn't show the images.  Is the pretty urls changing an image directory link or something? 

Any ideas? 

ketchup

I'm just getting a white screen when I activate this...what do you think?

bluegray

yeah, me too. All I get is a blank page. Tried 0.7 and the latest snapshot...

Now I can't even uninstall the mod. All I get is blank pages everywhere. How do I manually uninstall the mod?

BN

I just installed my new WiiHealthy Forum and I wanted to have the SEO friendly links, I have the pack installed.

http://www.wiihealthy.com/forum [nofollow]

I chose for HTML links in my adminboard, but the links don't work as you can see. Anyone who knows what to do?

Greyhound

Quote from: Greyhound on November 30, 2007, 09:32:02 AM
OK, i have another question.  I like this mod.  I want to put it on another site that I have.  It is conflicting with one of the mods.  It installs OK but once pretty urls is installed it makes it so the Simple Awards Mod (http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=539) doesn't show the images.  Is the pretty urls changing an image directory link or something? 

Any ideas? 

I fixed my problem.  I just went in and hard coded the link that the awards should come from in display.template.  Works fine now. 

I am having no problems.  Just to note, I did not activate SEF before I installed the mod.  Not sure if that makes a difference or not will some of the issues others are having.

Col

Quote from: Dannii on November 08, 2007, 02:49:59 AM
QuoteIf possible, I would like to keep the Pretty table (and whatever code I need) to keep the internal links working after I uninstall. Ideally, I would really like some way of using the existing Pretty table to produce permanent redirects for the search engines.
Hmm, what I'd do is to keep the mod installed but disable the filters. Then try making these two changes:
Display.php:
Code (find) Select
if (isset($context['pretty']['oldschoolquery']) && $modSettings['pretty_enable_filters'])
Code (replace) Select
if (!isset($context['pretty']['oldschoolquery']))

MessageIndex.php:
Code (find) Select
if ((isset($context['pretty']['oldschoolquery']) || $_REQUEST['board'] != $context['pretty']['board_urls'][$board]) && $modSettings['pretty_enable_filters'])
Code (replace) Select
if (!isset($context['pretty']['oldschoolquery']))

Thanks,

I did the above, and all seems well.

I notice that the smf_pretty_urls_cache table is enormous (85MB) - can I just click 'empty'?

Thanks.

viulian

Well, you should to that before backing up the database - because after you empty it, it will get repopulated on the first access on the forum and reach that size fast. I mean unless for the specific purpose of backing up the forum, there's no gain if you remove it.

Or at least that seems to be the behavior on my forum.

Col

Well,

I'm unsure of the purpose of the cache, but I have now deactivated Pretty URLs, and only need the redirects to work. I assume the cache continues to grow (whatever it is recording), because at that size if it is far bigger than the Messages and Personal Messages tables combined!

I've just had a look at the table, and it appears to log each and every action on the forum, or at least when it comes to posts. I imagine that with the cache cleared, and the filters turned off, it will remain at zero. I'll await Dannii/Eldecar's reply though.

Dannii

QuoteI am running a version I installed 3-4 months ago and it works properly [Version: 0.6; PrettyUrls-Filters]. I noticed that there are new releases - however... Is there a reason to upgrade :) ? I remember doing some patching so I would not want to go through diffs again, etc..
Yes there are some substantial changes. However to upgrade you'll first need to completely remove the old mod including all the database settings. It's not tricky.

QuoteAlso one more thing will it convert the url's of  posts already made to pretty looking url's or it will only convert new post's that are made after the installation..?
All of them (except mod actions currently).

QuoteOK, i have another question.  I like this mod.  I want to put it on another site that I have.  It is conflicting with one of the mods.  It installs OK but once pretty urls is installed it makes it so the Simple Awards Mod (http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=539) doesn't show the images.  Is the pretty urls changing an image directory link or something? 
No it won't change the src attribute for images at all...

QuoteI'm just getting a white screen when I activate this...what do you think?
Errorlog etc?

Quoteyeah, me too. All I get is a blank page. Tried 0.7 and the latest snapshot...

Now I can't even uninstall the mod. All I get is blank pages everywhere. How do I manually uninstall the mod?
Try changing the pretty_enable_filters setting to 0.

QuoteI fixed my problem.  I just went in and hard coded the link that the awards should come from in display.template.  Works fine now
Ahh, was it using relative links?

QuoteI notice that the smf_pretty_urls_cache table is enormous (85MB) - can I just click 'empty'?
Sure.

QuoteI'm unsure of the purpose of the cache, but I have now deactivated Pretty URLs, and only need the redirects to work. I assume the cache continues to grow (whatever it is recording), because at that size if it is far bigger than the Messages and Personal Messages tables combined!
Hmm no if you've disabled the filters it shouldn't be growing any further. I think it should stay empty now.

Col

Quote from: Dannii on December 05, 2007, 09:34:22 AM
QuoteI'm unsure of the purpose of the cache, but I have now deactivated Pretty URLs, and only need the redirects to work. I assume the cache continues to grow (whatever it is recording), because at that size if it is far bigger than the Messages and Personal Messages tables combined!
Hmm no if you've disabled the filters it shouldn't be growing any further. I think it should stay empty now.

Hi,

No, I didn't mean to imply that it would still grow now that I've disabled the filters.

Quote from: Col on December 04, 2007, 07:46:18 AM
I imagine that with the cache cleared, and the filters turned off, it will remain at zero. I'll await Dannii/Eldecar's reply though.

My remarks were in response to Viulian:

Quote from: viulian on December 04, 2007, 06:21:08 AM
Well, you should to that before backing up the database - because after you empty it, it will get repopulated on the first access on the forum and reach that size fast. I mean unless for the specific purpose of backing up the forum, there's no gain if you remove it.

Anyway, I'm glad to have confirmed that I can just go ahead and empty the cache table.

Can I delete the cache table too?

Thanks.

viulian

FYI:

Let's say that I have 3 child boards inside a parent, and I want the last one listed to become the first one listed. Usually I am able to click 'move' next to the last one and then select the parent and it will become the first one.

With Pretty URL active, I am unable to do that.
Tried on a server hosted on nginx - I get the message "An Error Has Occurred! -> The board you specified doesn't exist "
Tried on my windows test server running on Apache, I get logged out.
Disabled Pretty URL on local, it works.

So far I was able to manually change the boardOrder in the {dbprefix}_board and then "ALTER TABLE {dbprefix}_boards ORDER BY boardOrder" as I do not want to disable Pretty URL 'in production' :)

Advertisement: