converting from Invision Power Boards

Started by Mork, August 09, 2004, 10:33:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mork

Hi I just installed SMF and the install went great but the conversion from IPB did nothing but empty my database.

It showed a screen that said everything converted successfully ie.. members, messages, post ect.... but when i went to boards nothing was there and it would not allow me to log in.

I thought the conversion was too fast ( it only took a few seconds) cause I have 900 members and over 35000 post.

Has anyone else had a problem converting from IPB?

Thanx for you help
Mork

Mork

I am so sorry but I posted this in the wrong area could a Mod please move it to "Converters and Importers".

I also think I found my problem when I was reading in that forum.
I guess I need to give the same username permission to access both databases.

I don't have time to try that at the moment as I have to get to work but I will try that as soon as I get home.

Thanx for your help
Mork 8)

Grudge

Yes Mork,

That is the problem, the user must be able to see both databases!

Regards,
Grudge
I'm only a half geek really...

Mork

OK I couldn't figure out how to add the same user to 2 different databases. It told me that user already exist.

So I made a duplicate of my database and just installed SMF to it and run the converter!

It worked excellently and was one of the faster and more complete converter I have yet to use. It even converted my hidden forums with the correct permissions  8)

I think I am going to like these forums ;D

Mork

[Unknown]

That's what happens when developers like me and Grudge work on the converter ;).  Sorry it's not more complete, though.

Thanks... we hope you like SMF.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: