SMF 1.0 RC1 Now Available

Started by [Unknown], August 10, 2004, 05:57:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[Unknown]

Quote from: Owen on August 20, 2004, 03:50:57 PM
I've got a problem where users can't link to external avatars.  The setting is checked in the admin area, the width/height is set to 0.
It seems fine for the admin, but for normal users, they can't change it.
Any help would be appreciated :)

Please check the permissions to make sure they have permission to use remote avatars.

-[Unknown]

Owen

Where would this be?  If it is under "forum preferences" under the Avatar sub-heading.  Then it is already checked.  If not, then I haven't seen it and please can you direct me to it ;)

DeadMetal

Upgrade from beta5 went smoothly and I was able to preserve my theme changes using ConText.
SMF is getting better and better, thanks guys! Keep up the good work!

[Unknown]

Quote from: Owen on August 20, 2004, 04:03:28 PM
Where would this be?  If it is under "forum preferences" under the Avatar sub-heading.  Then it is already checked.  If not, then I haven't seen it and please can you direct me to it ;)

Admin -> Edit Permissions -> Ungrouped Members -> Allow "Choose a remotely stored avatar".

And, so you know, it seems the upgrade may be causing this permission to be lost.  We are investigating the issue.

-[Unknown]

LiroyvH

w00t,
time to test this version myself asap ;D
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

DeadMetal

Quote from: [Unknown] on August 20, 2004, 04:13:12 PM
And, so you know, it seems the upgrade may be causing this permission to be lost. We are investigating the issue.

Indeed, it does.

Vinoth

may be grudge is working on packages and soon be coming to us all.
Vinoth And Sachin ( SpecHackers Team )
The Best  Way to Help Poor Is not Becoming One Of Them.

Grudge

Quote from: whtgoogle on August 21, 2004, 10:57:11 AM
I am not going to say this again. I am very very busy at the moment. I have a demanding time at work so am working long hours there. In addition I am working on another project beside this for someone AND am trying to develop for SMF. I can say for some confidence there will in no way, shape, or form be ANY new packages coming from me for several months from now. I will try to fix the bug I am aware of in the buddy list and post moderation mods but that is it - I simply do not have time to make new mods so please stop going on about it as it simply will not happen! There are plenty of other people out there who will contribute besides me. ;)
I'm only a half geek really...

[Unknown]

Quote from: whtgoogle on August 21, 2004, 10:57:11 AM

Let me second this - please stop "stalking" Grudge :P.  It's great that you appreciate his hard work, and I assume all of the team's hard work, but too much is too much.

Thanks,
-[Unknown]

FaSan

[Unknown]

In their profile..... right where the username is displayed in Account Related Settings...

-[Unknown]

Grudge

Yes, it has a little "change" link underneath it. (To help you find it further!)
I'm only a half geek really...

FaSan

Quote from: Grudge on August 24, 2004, 06:31:02 PM
Yes, it has a little "change" link underneath it. (To help you find it further!)

Ok I See... is very little  8) Thanks

FaSan

damo1065

Upgrade from SMF Beta 5 went without any hitches...absolutley fantastic! Just the SSI a bit strange looking but that's a small price to pay. Seems to be a little slower but that's probably the brilliant internet service they provide in Ireland :P

Wanna say thanks from myself and my users of the forums.

Love live SMF :D
Wy not visit my site... The Gaff'll be bored to be honest, unless you're from Cork in Ireland

† ÐëepÇuT¹ †

Whats the bug in the buddy list mod? It seems to work fine for me!

Personal Website
x3Generation - gaming
graphics and anime.

Favorite Forums
> SimpleMachines Forum
> GamerzPlanet Forums

el-brujo

Successful upgraded from Beta 5 Public to RC1 Public, without no problems.....

Finally, urls ends with .htm, google likes that, i'm so sure. That's a good point.

Only seems that spanish languague is not translated completely, i hope in the next days helping in this task.

Thank you for all.

Snuffy

:(
I get this Error screen :

---------------------------------------------------
An Error Has Occurred!
Unable to load the 'Themes' template. 

This is the thread in Administration and Functionality that lists the problems . . . . .

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=15708.0

HELP !

fastforum

Upgraded my SMF b5 to RC1 smoothly!!!! :) thanks SMF Team!

Snuffy

Quote from: Snuffy on August 25, 2004, 11:46:07 AM
:(
I get this Error screen :

An Error Has Occurred!
Unable to load the 'Themes' template. 

This is the thread in Administration and Functionality that lists the problems . . . . .

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=15708.0

HELP !

OK I did some more work on this got some things working now as suggested over in the thread above.

But still have one Biggie problem, can't Logout as Admin and then from a Guest  log in and make a regular account.

As when I click Logout it will not log me out as Admin . . . .  Any IDEAS on Why?

(se the thread linked in quote above for more info)

Snuffy . . . .    8)

lbyard

Quote from: el-brujo on August 25, 2004, 03:47:25 AM
Successful upgraded from Beta 5 Public to RC1 Public, without no problems.....

Finally, urls ends with .htm, google likes that, i'm so sure. That's a good point.

Only seems that spanish languague is not translated completely, i hope in the next days helping in this task.

Thank you for all.

Might be a good point if Google didn't already have all 8,452 topics in my forums indexed with the yabbse url's.

Advertisement: