Request: ability to specify additional member variables(fields) to integrate

Started by -Wolverine, February 18, 2007, 08:49:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-Wolverine

I poked around a little bit and did not find any previous topics on this issue.  Basically, updateMemberData(Sources/Subs.php) defines a small set of member variables(fields) to integrate with other systems.  There are a few fvariables I think should also be included such as the signature or personal text.  Is it possible to add additional integration to allow for additional fields to be specified?  For example, change this code:

// Only a few member variables are really interesting for integration.
$integration_vars = array(
    'memberName',
    'realName',
    'emailAddress',
    'ID_GROUP',
    'gender',
    'birthdate',
    'websiteTitle',
    'websiteUrl',
    'location',
    'hideEmail',
    'timeFormat',
    'timeOffset',
    'avatar',
    'lngfile',
);

To do something like this:

// Only a few member variables are really interesting for integration.
$integration_vars = array(
    'memberName',
    'realName',
    'emailAddress',
    'ID_GROUP',
    'gender',
    'birthdate',
    'websiteTitle',
    'websiteUrl',
    'location',
    'hideEmail',
    'timeFormat',
    'timeOffset',
    'avatar',
    'lngfile',
);
if (isset($modSettings['update_member_additional_vars']) && !empty($modSettings['update_member_additional_vars'])) {
    $integration_vars = array_merge($integration_vars, $modSettings['update_member_additional_vars']);
}

Where $modSettings['update_member_additional_vars'] is an array set through the SMF_INTEGRATION_SETTINGS?  This would allow me to specify any additional fields I may need or want to integrate with another system. 

In the example I use the name update_member_additional_vars to be explicit, obviously something simpler is probably better.   ;)

Is this something that can be added?  Please and thanks!    :D

-Wolverine

ramapoughnative1

I too have the same request, sort of. I would like to add 'real name' to the profile so a certain membergroup has access to it..  thanks!
"Blast that Felix and his magic bag!" - Master Cylinder

Advertisement: