Girly Man

Started by Gobo, February 22, 2007, 08:14:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobo

Link to the theme

A bunch of alien women took me hostage and made me make this theme, the rest is censored

Gobo

Demo for theme: http://goofy-goobers.com/forum3/

ps this theme is not supported so feel free to use and adapt to re-release or whatever u want

avidum

I for one am glad those alien women took you hostage and made you design this. LOL Finally something feminine and fun has been made. I am using this one and so far my members like it. Thank you so much. Any chance those alien women could get you to make more of these girly man designs?;)

Lysanda

A very cool theme.. I'll be back to get this to use on my board as soon as time permits.

Thank you!
The Online Psych Ward = http://dysfunctional101.com

Gobo

lol glad u 2 liked it

i would have continued with development, but im trying to take a long break from the net which isnt really working

but when I do get back into things, I will try and muster up some more girly themes if posible

kstatekool

Thanks sooooo much, I am using this theme currently, and my members are loving it! I really appreciate you designing a girly theme. My members and I would love it if you would design more!!  

Gobo

ur welcome - oh and by the way - for this theme, permission is granted to all users to remove the credits or change them (only theme credits) to whatever they want

blueyecicle

I like it!....I also like the fact you can change it here and there.
It's pretty and great for a girly forum.

avidum

I don't know what happened but the picture on the right hand side where the flowers are disappeared and all I see are 2 boxes with an x in them?? I don't know what happened? Can someone help?

Gobo

red X means missing image.

Try re-uploading the images folder for the theme to the theme folder and then force refresh by presing CTRL F5

if they still dont appear, right click the red X and note down the address of the image - it could be that ur path settings may be wrong

avidum

Quote from: akulion on March 10, 2007, 04:15:57 AM
red X means missing image.

Try re-uploading the images folder for the theme to the theme folder and then force refresh by presing CTRL F5

if they still dont appear, right click the red X and note down the address of the image - it could be that ur path settings may be wrong
I appologize for asking this silly question, but where do I find the images folder? Newbie here. ;)

Gobo

The images folder for each theme is seperate

Its location is /yoursite/smf/Themes/theme_name/images/

where theme_name is the name of the theme

avidum

Ok I found this I'm just not sure exactly what to do. I'm really not experienced with this sort of thing, I usually have help, but my help is unavailable. If you could just give me a step by step, I would greatly appreciate it. :)

Gobo

Well first off you need a FTP cient like Filezilla (its free)

Then you need to unzip the theme folder to your PC preserving the folder tree (right click and Unzip to folder)

After this you navigate with Filezilla to the location of your Theme (girly man) folder both on your PC and on your server (after u connect to it via FTP)

Finally you just drag the images folder from your PC side to the server side in filezilla and the transfer begins. If it asks you to over write images, you say yes.

The ftp interface looks like below - the PC side is on the left and the server side is on the right - so its basically a file transfer program

IF you didnt understand any of the above - then your best option would be to Uninstall the Theme from your
ADMIN --> THEMES & LAYOUT ---->  Themes and Settings
There you click on the red X next to the theme name you want to uninstall

And then using
ADMIN --> THEMES & LAYOUT
area just reinstall the theme

avidum

I figured it out and now it is working. Thanks so much for your help.

~*Nicks Wife*~

I too am glad you made this theme! I'd love to see some more girly and feminine themes out!

weblady

I absolutly ADORE this Girly theme!

Thanks sooo much... this is PERFECT for my Ladies Place message forum [nofollow]!  Check it out ladies, it's in action and BEAUTIFUL... you want it too!

Hey... if you happen to make any more I'd love to hear from you via email or what not... I love this so much, if you want a link on my site to yours let me know!
http://www.ladiesplace.net/community [nofollow]
---the Ladies Place on the Net --- Stop by, the coffee's always on!

avidum

Have a quick question for you...how can I add a link button to the menu bar in this theme?

Gobo

just search for in index.template.php

// Show the [home] button.

all the buttons are defined from there onwards...

To add a new one simply copy a chunk of code and add it underneath the existing button

// Show the [home] button.
echo' <td valign="top" class="mentab_' , $current_action == 'home' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">
<a href="', $scripturl, '">' , $txt[103] , '</a>
</td>';

After u copy the code for the button, in the new button code Replace:

<a href="', $scripturl, '">

with

<a href="http://yourlink.com">

$current_action == 'home'

with

$current_action == 'name of your action'

' , $txt[103] , '

with the text of your link....(make sure u replace the whole text including the ' single quotes

Finally you may want to set it so that when the person is in that section that relevant tab is highlighted...

for that simply add the action you defined as name of your action above to this array

if (in_array($context['current_action'], array('search', 'admin', 'calendar',

So for example u are adding gallery so it would become

if (in_array($context['current_action'], array('search', 'admin', 'calendar', 'gallery',

hope that helps

blueyecicle

Thanks for this theme. In a female based support group it is GREAT. I love it. Easy to use and bright.&nbsp; :-* 100% happy with it. hxxp:www.supportandsurvive.org [nonactive]
Perfect for what this board is about.

Advertisement: