Database cleanup

Started by Beagen, March 06, 2007, 07:33:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beagen

SMF Version: SMF 1.1.2
Hi there.

I'm not sure this is the right forum for this question, if not feel free to slap me and point me in the right direction.

Long story short, my old host lost all my files but not my database. So I switched hosts, downloaded a new copy of SMF and put my old database in. So far, it works, even though it doesn't have my custom theme nor any of my mods (which I had a lot, many of which had to do with the profile that add to the database).

The problem is that now my database has all these extra entries from mods that are no longer there. Is there any way to clean up my database of these entries other then manually going through them?

I'm going to reinstall at least half of the mods I have, so I'll be happy when they're settings are automatically there. But I kinda want to do it with a clean start, without having to have users recreate there accounts/lose posts. Also, I don't think I'll reinstall all of the mods I had. At least, for a while.

Thanks,
-Beagen

Webmaster, Land of Lag.

KGIII

You would have to do it manually via something like phpMyAdmin. What is phpMyAdmin?

However... You can likely get along just fine doing what you are going to do and actually reinstalling any mods with the DB intact might make it easier.

My PC Support Forum
Please ask in-thread before PMing
                   SMF Help
                   Visit My Blog

How can we improve the support process?:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=163533.0

SMF vs. Godzilla? Who do you think will win?

Advertisement: