News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

[Accepted] Big P's smilies...

Started by charlottezweb, August 02, 2003, 11:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlottezweb

Is there gonna be a move to integrate his latest version of the smilies mod into the stock SMF package?  I think that would be an EXTREMELY good idea because who doesn't want smilies :)  (or at least the easy option to use/disable the mod)

Jason

Jeff Lewis

There will be the feature available to add more smilies....
Co-Founder of SMF

David

Whether his mod or something like it is integrated, something will.  Keep in mind that a mod for 1.5.x has to be completly rewritten anyway.
This space for rent.

charlottezweb

Fair enough.  I just think the way his mod integrated into the unused space to the left of the message cell is perfect.  I'm in love with the scrollable listing and the view-all options and would like to see that integrated to make use of all the available spacing on the post page.

Jason

Ben_S

But make it so the admin can limit it to an absolute max. Someone displaying 10,000 topics on a single page could be ouch for the server.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

charlottezweb

Quote from: Ben_S on August 03, 2003, 06:51:16 AM
But make it so the admin can limit it to an absolute max. Someone displaying 10,000 topics on a single page could be ouch for the server.

I'm not following you...how does that apply to the post page?

Jason

Ben_S

Quote from: charlottezweb on August 03, 2003, 08:08:00 AM
Quote from: Ben_S on August 03, 2003, 06:51:16 AM

I'm not following you...how does that apply to the post page?

Jason

Hmm I'm sure I didnt post this to this thread, it was meant to be on the page numbers thread, possibly a bug ???

Or maybe it was my fault but sure it wasnt
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

Big P

lol.

To be quite honest, I think my mod had too many options. However, after SMF is released, I'm sure I'll make mods for advanced smilies features just to keep you happy ;)
PHPNews has been released! Download it now!

Read My Blog!

charlottezweb

Quote from: Big P on August 03, 2003, 09:53:24 AM
lol.

To be quite honest, I think my mod had too many options. However, after SMF is released, I'm sure I'll make mods for advanced smilies features just to keep you happy ;)

*slaps Big P*

Never say that! Ever!  LOL

Lookin forward to it!  :)

Jason

Advertisement: