News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

e107 bridge

Started by tbobker, April 06, 2007, 03:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orstio

In php.ini search for "memory_limit = 8M" and replace it with  "memory_limit = 32M".

olden

Hi Orstio, thanks for your reply! i have replace the memory_limit to 32M in the php.ini but still get the same results! When i click the forum everything looks well, but when i go in the forum it is not wrapped!

Do you think i can do enything more to fix it?

Regards Jan.

Orstio

You may need to restart Apache after making changes to php.ini.

olden

I have restart everything! but now the bridge not work at all!

Orstio

QuoteI have restart everything!

What exactly do you mean by that?

olden

I have change the Theme in SMF and the bridge works again! But with the same problem that it not stay wrapped!
I hope i can fix that in the future! I have only one question, what must i do that E107 and SMF works whit the same database? must i change something i the PHPmyadmin of the server? maybe you can give me a hint for that? i hope so! Becaurse i like to work with the SMF on my site!

Regards Jan

Orstio

Let's solve this memory issue before we start worrying about databases, OK?

You are sure that your php.ini is now set to 32M, and you have restarted Apache?

olden

When i restart my server i think Apache is restarting to? and i'am sure the php.ini is fixed with 32M!
Here is the example!
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Resource Limits ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

max_execution_time = 30     ; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds
max_input_time = 60   ; Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data
memory_limit = 32M      ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (8MB)

Orstio

OK, try changing it to 64M, and see if it makes any difference at all.

olden

Ok i do that! i let you know!

olden

Hi Orstio, I have change te 32M to 64M but no differences at all!

Orstio

Can you PM me admin details to your e107?

olden

What do you want to know?

Orstio

I want to see if any of the javascript-heavy modules you have installed in the sidebars are the cause of the memory shortage.

olden

I can closed a few! if you think thats the problem!

olden

I have closed all the javascripts on this moment!

olden

Hi Orstio! i don't know what's happened but it is working now! Only i dont know when you are in the forum. the form must stay wrapped? And i want what i asking yoy befor how i can fixed that the MSF and E107  with the same database.

Hi hope you wil help me whit that?

Regards Jan

Orstio

What did you use as your path to SMF in the bridge config in the e107 admin panel?

Orstio

And there's your second problem.

A path is not a URL.

To find your path to SMF, go to your SMF admin panel, and click on "Server Settings".

Near the bottom of the page, you will find the path to SMF in the text field labelled "SMF Directory".  Copy it from there, and paste it into your bridge config.

As a side note, in your php.ini, you may want to change the value of allow_url_fopen to Off.  That being set to On is a security issue.

Advertisement: