Discussbot 4.2 beta 3 released 04/19/07

Started by chadness, April 19, 2007, 05:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chriss Cohn

Yes you are right! Have added the .quote class and now i have boxes around it.
OK, im waiting until you figured it out... what do you will do? Take the quote-link out of the ciscussbot or change it to the right one? I think a quote under an Article won't need a link, so strip it off  ;D

Also i think you havent noticed it (i updated my first post here):
Quote4. The Possibility to add a "custom code" after a predefined ammount of comments.
For example: I want to show an Adsense-Banner after every 10 comments.

Do you think this is possible?

Also i have another suggestions:

1. I would like to customize the "Custom header for discussions" a bit. It would be good if we can (if we want) put in a predefined (by you in sources) variable inside the Header-text -> My
Example:

I want this text to show as header: "The first (xx) comments out of (X)" or only "The first (xx) comments".
Were xx should be the number of comments we see under the Article, this number should not be higher then the number we specified at "Maximum number of posts to display" in the mambot-config. The X is the Number of all comments.

2. Possibility the show the Number of comments inside the Discussion-Link at a other point . Example:
Currently it always shows the Number of comments first and then the Text, like this: "(X) Comments to this Article in Forums"....
I would like to have it different, like for example: "All (X) comments you'll find HERE"

3. Something is wrong with the Links showing when option "(Optional) Custom text for link to forum with no posts" is selected and if decided to show the discussion under the Article with the "quick reply box" - i try decribe it a bit further, its a bit complex and english is not my native language.....

Situation A) "Would you like the discussion link to automatically start a reply, instead of viewing the topic?" is selected to "No"  ...

In Article I see the link with "(0) Comments - start to discuss!" - i klick on it and getting to the new automaticly created forum-topic, then i go back to the Article in Joomla and i now see the (if selected) "quick-reply-box", but the link above it is still the same one?!
It still says "(0) Comments - start to discuss!"
I mean there should be another custom link for this case or a simple text like "discussion started, you can reply here" or something like  "Reply by following this Link or use the reply-box" (Of course we should be able to put in this message custom and if we want, like the other ones also)

Situation B) "Would you like the discussion link to automatically start a reply, instead of viewing the topic?" is selected to "1st post only" ...

In Article i see the link "(0) Comments - start to discuss!". If i klick on it i will be taken to the "start new topic" in Forum, where i see the quote it generates and i have the possibility to enter my own comment within this "starting-post". If i don't do so it's the same like in Situation A), but if i enter my own comment to this "starting-post", i can see only my comment in the discussion under the Article (which is fully correct) - but it shows it not aligned to the top, it looks like there is space (with height like the original quote?) between my comment and  the top of this "post-box". I think it has something to do with the new thing in beta3:
QuoteIf the first post is being included in the article display, it will attempt to remove the quoted version of the article
[/i]

Is that all "easy" understandable and possible to solve?
I mean the thing under point 2. is easyer and i can do it only for myself if changing some php-code (but which - would be nice if you help me).

I Hope this thing under point 1 with the custom-header is possible - i need it...
And point 3, Situation A) is just a new link or simple text needed - shouldn't be the problem.

Regards, Christian

Avinash4

Quote from: chadness on May 08, 2007, 11:22:47 AM
Quote from: Avinash4 on May 08, 2007, 09:20:19 AM
Quote from: Avinash4 on May 07, 2007, 10:33:47 AM
Also, when I click discuss link from one of my previously existing joomla articles, I get: "The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you."
The URL is http://mysite.com/portal/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=3903.top#top
That URL appears to be correct.  Is it similar (same ItemID) to the URL you get from a newly made article?

Do you have separate databases?
Nope, same database. The topic just isnt created. It's my first time using the discussbot, so I don't know when its supposed to create the topic. Also, I am using 1.16 bridge and and joomla 1.0.11.
McMaster University's Largest Online Community
http://mac-central.com