Tips and Tricks Board?

Started by Assistance, May 02, 2007, 03:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Assistance

Tips and Tricks
QuoteLooking for a small change? Got something up your sleeve...? Post it here!
An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry, you cannot post new topics in this board.

I'm not allowed ???

~playing poker~

青山 素子

Post a tip in the parent board and the staff will move it when they get a chance.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Joshua Dickerson

We should probably change that to say how a tip gets moved there.
Come work with me at Promenade Group

Need help? See the wiki. Want to help SMF? See the wiki!

Did you know you can help develop SMF? See us on Github.

How have you bettered the world today?

codenaught

Although the question has really been answered already, I will just point you to the sticky topic in Tips and Tricks that points out the general procedure for posting a tip.

The Tips and Tricks Board

QuoteHow do I submit a tip or trick?

To submit a tip or trick, post it in SMF Coding Discussion along with a message requesting that a moderator or team member move your topic to the Tips and Tricks board.  If a team member or moderator feels that your submission is beneficial to other SMF users, we will move it to the Tips and Tricks board.
Dev Consultant
Former SMF Doc Coordinator

Assistance

yes it was answered, hopefully it does get changed
~playing poker~

codenaught

Not sure what you mean really. There is a reason why we don't allow topics to be posted directly in there. At one point we did and many people just ended up starting new support question topics in there. Unless you mean that you have a topic that you want moved there soon.
Dev Consultant
Former SMF Doc Coordinator

Assistance

Quote from: akabugeyes on May 08, 2007, 04:29:31 PM
Not sure what you mean really.
was agreeing with the moderator of the Tips and Tricks board

and i understand why its set up the way it is
mearly stating the wording of the board description is misleading

possibly word it like...... nvm its changed  :P
~playing poker~

SleePy

It looks like one of the Admins took care of it.
Thanks for noticing that though. Its the users who notice the small things we may miss or forget to fix. ;)
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Assistance

I dont post much, but I see alot things that could be brought up or reported to a mod

but would hate to get banned for being such an ASSistance
~playing poker~

SleePy

Feel free to ask about something. It may just be a typo or a mistake that should be corrected. And thats the reason the Report to mod button exists on posts is for our users to report things that may be offensive.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Assistance

what aboot php errors? I seen one about 20 mins ago, on a sub domain here
think it was in the docs or something, man I surf to fast
I seen it just above the online list........

......... checked my history

892 Guests, 99 Users
Notice: Undefined variable: show_buddies in /home/simple/public_html/community/SSI.php on line 676

[ http://support.simplemachines.org/docs/themes.packaging.php ]

also there are alot pinned topics that have info linking to out dated or broken images in them. << those are the report to mod i affraid to do :P as there is alot

~playing poker~

SleePy

Did you just know that or find it somewhere?
Thats an old document and should be pointed to the doc site where I believe there is a document on it.
Though I will bug that for the devs to fix.

Assistance

it was a link in a sticky topic
~playing poker~

SleePy

Do you remember what sticky topic or which board? We do have a lot of sticky topics and a lot of boards so it would help to narrow it down at least to get it fixed.

Assistance

dont recall off hand but I can start ya off with ........

Topic
ReadMe: Graphics and Themes - Important

follow along some of those links and you will be busy for a while :)
that above link, takes you to links that are broken

~playing poker~

Advertisement: