IPB 1.3 -> IPB 2.0 or SMF 1.0?

Started by Hal9000, September 20, 2004, 12:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hal9000

Hi!

I'm about to move my IPB 1.3 board to a new server and am taking this as a chance to upgrade the board.
Today or tomorrow, IPB 2.0 will be out. I actually prefer SMF 1.0, but there are problems with converting the user signatures, a problem that would be too annoying for most users and that made me make the decision not to convert to SMF already weeks ago.

The question is, will there be a fix to this sometime soon? Or should i just wait for SMF 1.0 rc2 or final... I hope, i can upgrade from IPB 2.0 without problems in that case...

greetings, and congrats for making the greatest board ever

hal

[Unknown]

Quote from: Hal9000 on September 20, 2004, 12:50:31 PM
I'm about to move my IPB 1.3 board to a new server and am taking this as a chance to upgrade the board.
Today or tomorrow, IPB 2.0 will be out. I actually prefer SMF 1.0, but there are problems with converting the user signatures, a problem that would be too annoying for most users and that made me make the decision not to convert to SMF already weeks ago.

I don't remember anyone mentioning this issue... either that, or I forgot about it (in which case I've probably also fixed it for the next release.)  What's the problem?

The question is, will there be a fix to this sometime soon? Or should i just wait for SMF 1.0 rc2 or final... I hope, i can upgrade from IPB 2.0 without problems in that case...

Thanks... either way, you should be able to keep your passwords ;).

-[Unknown]

Hal9000

in case you forgot...

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=14505.0

in either case, i'll try to be patient and wait for the next version of SMF, and keep an eye on the converters download page :D

greets

hal

[Unknown]

! The invision converter wasn't doing birthdates and wasn't parsing signatures properly. (invision_to_smf.php, invision2_to_smf.php)

Won't be too long..... when are you moving?

-[Unknown]

Hal9000

i was planning to move tomorrow, but could postpone that till the end of the week if you say that a fixed converter might be available by then ;)

[Unknown]

Hmm, maybe you could test both the converters for us ^_^?  Just joking, you probably wouldn't want to go through (*counts*) like three conversions.

Send me an email, and I'll send you the current version back.

-[Unknown]

Hal9000

sure I can test, no problem! ;)
I dropped you an email!
hal

Advertisement: