News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

CS-DK

Started by padexx, May 07, 2007, 02:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miseryshining

Quote from: allwinners on May 22, 2008, 01:11:50 PM
Hi, I am new here and relatively new to the whole template thing. This is an awesome theme pack, and I have installed it on my site! I have read the readme.txt and also tried to edit the index.template.php file to add a couple more buttons to the menu bar, but to no avail. Not only this but when I attempt to load the permissions, there is no 'gallery' options available. This is the mod I tried to install and I want to also add other like the arcade.

Can I get some step by step instructions as to what to do? I am sure if I can manage to do this once, future installs will not be a problem.

lets say you want to add a button that is accessible for all forum users. find this in your index.template.php:

// Show the [help] button.
echo ($current_action == 'help' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '' : '' , '
<div class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'help' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=help">' , $txt[119] , '</a>
</div>' , $current_action == 'help' ? '<div class="seperator"><!--no content--></div>' : '<div class="seperator"><!--no content--></div>';

now add the following beneath it:

// Show the [BUTTON_NAME] button.
echo '<div class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'YOUR_ACTION' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=YOUR_ACTION">' , 'BUTTON_NAME' , '</a>
</div>' , '<div class="seperator"><!--no content--></div>';

About the gallery options: it has nothing to do with this theme, you should probably post in the gallery mod topic.

To the theme author: I'd like to modify the theme to be used in a small gaming community with custom graphics (and port it to SMF 2). Can i have your permission for that? (ill leave your credits off course).

allwinners

Quote from: miseryshining on May 23, 2008, 04:01:05 AM

lets say you want to add a button that is accessible for all forum users. find this in your index.template.php:

// Show the [help] button.
echo ($current_action == 'help' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '' : '' , '
<div class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'help' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=help">' , $txt[119] , '</a>
</div>' , $current_action == 'help' ? '<div class="seperator"><!--no content--></div>' : '<div class="seperator"><!--no content--></div>';

now add the following beneath it:

// Show the [BUTTON_NAME] button.
echo '<div class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'YOUR_ACTION' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=YOUR_ACTION">' , 'BUTTON_NAME' , '</a>
</div>' , '<div class="seperator"><!--no content--></div>';

About the gallery options: it has nothing to do with this theme, you should probably post in the gallery mod topic.

To the theme author: I'd like to modify the theme to be used in a small gaming community with custom graphics (and port it to SMF 2). Can i have your permission for that? (ill leave your credits off course).

Thankyou very much for the information. I will give that a shot :-)

FEROUQUE

love the theme but little unsure why it says for vrs 1.1.6 when i have installed it it come upwith error

now i'm no tech guy but how can i get rid of this as all my admins will get worried

padexx

thanks for the info. updated the theme.

Michael Chandler

How do I extend Forum? (template)

Congratulations for Theme! ;)

padexx

QuoteHow do I extend Forum? (template)

???

al-trance

Alejandro Letran
electronik.net
Guatemala

www.electronik.net

JohnnyMcKinney

Can't seem to find this file:
Profile.template.php

padexx

Quote from: JohnnyMcKinney on June 06, 2009, 10:44:05 AM
Can't seem to find this file:
Profile.template.php
The theme uses the profile.template.php of the default theme

padexx

You need to add the missing txt string to the theme's Modifications.english.php file in the language folder of the theme. The installer of the arcade mod has only added these txt strings to the Modifications.english.php of the default theme.

xMichael2008x

Do you mean this code?

<file name="$themes_dir/default/languages/Modifications.english.php" error="fatal">
- <operation error="fatal">
  <search position="end" regexp="false" whitespace="exact" />
- <add>
- <![CDATA[
$txt['arcade'] = 'Arcade';
$txt['arcade_admin'] = 'Arcade Admin';
$txt['arcade_manage_games'] = 'Games';
$txt['arcade_manage_category'] = 'Categories';
$txt['arcade_settings'] = 'Settings';

// Permission names and help
$txt['permissiongroup_arcade'] = 'Arcade';
$txt['permissionname_arcade_view'] = 'View Arcade';
$txt['permissionhelp_arcade_view'] = 'May access Arcade and use basic features like search and view highscores';
$txt['permissionname_arcade_play'] = 'Play on Arcade';
$txt['permissionhelp_arcade_play'] = 'Allows member to play on arcade, in games which he/she has rights to';
$txt['permissionname_arcade_admin'] = 'Administrate arcade';
$txt['permissionhelp_arcade_admin'] = 'Arcade Administrator can Install/Edit/Delete game, Delete scores and edit settings for arcade';
$txt['permissionname_arcade_view'] = 'View Arcade';
$txt['permissionhelp_arcade_view'] = 'May access Arcade and use basic features like search and view highscores';
$txt['permissionname_arcade_favorite'] = 'Use Favorites feature';
$txt['permissionhelp_arcade_favorite'] = 'Allows member to favorite and unfavorite games';
$txt['permissionname_arcade_submit'] = 'Save scores';
$txt['permissionhelp_arcade_submit'] = 'Allows users to save their scores.';
$txt['permissionname_arcade_rate'] = 'Rate games';
$txt['permissionhelp_arcade_rate'] = 'Allows users to rate games.';
$txt['permissionname_arcade_comment'] = 'Allow to comment/edit comment';
$txt['permissionhelp_arcade_comment'] = 'Allows user to edit comments, own or any';
$txt['permissionname_arcade_comment_any'] = 'Any';
$txt['permissionname_arcade_comment_own'] = 'Own';

// Errors if they can't do something
$txt['cannot_arcade_play'] = 'You are not allowed to play games!';
$txt['cannot_arcade_view'] = 'You are not allowed to access arcade.';
$txt['cannot_arcade_favorite'] = 'You are not allowed to favorite games';
$txt['cannot_arcade_rate'] = 'You are not allowed to rate games';
$txt['cannot_arcade_comment_own'] = 'You are not allowed to comment';

// Who's online
$txt['who_arcade'] = 'Viewing Arcade index';
$txt['who_arcade_play'] = 'Playing <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=arcade;sa=play;game=%d">%s</a> on Arcade';
$txt['who_arcade_highscore'] = 'Viewing highscores of <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=arcade;sa=play;game=%d">%s</a> on Arcade';

// Help
$txt['arcade_max_scores_help'] = 'Maximum scores that will be stored per member. (0 means unlimited)';
$txt['arcade_membergroups_help'] = 'These groups will be allowed to play and view highscores. Others will not see this game, only used if permission mode will use game permissions.';

padexx

QuoteDo you mean this code?
jep!

Disposition96

So I need to know how to fix a few things...  If anyone can lend a hand it would be greatly appreciated, I love the theme so far!

So before I start asking questions, I'd like to state that I've lost so much of my talent, I used to understand a lot of this and through time and doing stupid stuff... I'm going to have to re-train myself and I feel like an idiot but none the less.

I've got a CS:S server up and a forum with a Theme from panic @ http://padexx.de/ [nofollow] and I'm looking to edit a few things and honestly can't remember how.  I've figured out some things but stuff like changing text within an image I can't figure out, as well as making the avatar show above everything else on the top left of a post.

My website is : http://www.oasisgamingserver.com/ [nofollow]
SMF : 1.1.10

I remembered how to change "Child Boards:" to "Sub Forums:"  so I can't figure out why I can't remember this other stuff.

Also, I found it last night and meant to change it but I can not find it today... The php file where I can edt :

you are here:

Does anyone know where that is off hand? I did a search on google but couldn't find anything.

-D96

Stokesy131

Hey. :)

Really nice theme, however I was wondering if you are going to make a SMF 2.0 RC1.2 compatible version?

padexx

I am waiting until the new core theme (curve) is (more) stable

Stokesy131

Okay. Thanks for the quick reply. :D

good.

how to change logo/header image on cs-dk theme? i'll read readme.txt but i don't understand nothing, i'll upload my logo.png and nothing, sorry for my bad engish

padexx

@good:

1. use the logo_blank.png as base to create your own logo.
2. rename it to logo.png and upload it to the image folder of the cs-dk theme
3. under admin / current theme check "Use Custom Logo/Header Image" to display the logo instead of the forum name

good.

I am do everything but pic not yet on top ? how? I think to i must edit something but i don't know what

fullmonte

Notice: Undefined index: txt_reg_links_or in /home/glenpugh/public_html/forumz/Sources/Subs.php on line 2498

what does this mean?
i can't find the line and I've tried reinstalling the backup file, and the entire theme file

Advertisement: