News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Welcome Topic

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, May 07, 2007, 09:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bergler

Impossible to get some support on this mod?? First I have tried the mods site, with no luck now this site with no luck???

Anyways, I really like the mod and would like to get it working properly as I am sure it is something simple in the coding, which I am clueless.

Today a member hadn't activated his account, so I did, then noticed that the mod worked correctly?? Why is it, when a member activates hes account his name doesn't show up in the welcome topic but when I activate a member manually it does??

Crank!

You got lucky I guess. The same happened to me but the topic was placed just like if the new member would have done it himself.

You are right it has to be something really simple. I just don't know anything about this stuff.

I do like this MOD but it is uninstalled until further developments.

vbgamer45

New update

SMF 2.0 bug fixes
!Fixed bug with memberName when a member registers should be member_name
!Fixed bug if you using multiple cases for [UsErNaMe]
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Crank!

so vbgamer. Where is it for download?

Thanks

GazOutEast

Crank! - it's on the regular mod page linked from the first post in this topic

It's now v 2.0.2 (previously was 2.0.1)

I've just uninstalled 2.0.1 and deleted it from an RC1 install (came out cleanly) and installed the new version - went in cleanly and recovered the new member post settings, but I had to reapply which board and poster - no big deal.

Now to wait for a new member and see if it's all fixed.

Gaz
I have 20:20 vision - I can see anything bigger than 20" x 20"

Crank!

Thanks Gaz.

I thought I was on another MOD that I have a problem with. This is no biggie. I am sure it will work. The other one that does not work good is the advanced reputation system for 2.0rc1

I will re-install and see, maybe I will register someone myself to find out if it works or not. ;)

Crank!

Well, I registered a fake name and no post.

Also after I installed it I added a new topic and when I submitted it the screen went crazy. There are some bugs with this mod still.

I wish I could have captured the screen but when I decided to do it it was too late. I am uninstalling again until further developments.

Thanks for trying though it is a great mod when it works. 1.18 works good with it I dunno why it won't work with 2.0 yet.

vbgamer45

Did you select a board? I have tested it myself registering a member on the main register page, and though the admin center.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Crank!

There is something weird going on with the mod and 2.0rc1 in my system. I uninstalled it again.

I will install and wait until tomorrow to mess with it again.

I ha one more guy sign up today and I had it uninstalled.

Maybe through the night someone else will sign up. I have set up an obscure board that I am the only one th at has access I will direct the sign up there and see. but to answer your question yes I selected a board and made the aditional topic. That is when I had issues with it. Try that and look at the message that it gives you when you finish making the additional topic. It says something about the database being too busy and some file is missing. I will try to capture the screen when it happens so you can iron out the issue.

Ok I just installed it and tried to edit the welcome topic. I received this message after editing.

An error has occured

There was a second line but I lost it. This was all within the forum itself not a white page or anything like that. It just says that there is something wrong there. That all

Crank!

This is the screen I get. No matter what theme I use I get the same screen.

GazOutEast

The install I reported a few posts above, worked perfectly over the last 24 hours - vbgamer knows I won't spare the criticism if something is broken, so on this occasion it's a hearty "WELL DONE vb - what ever you did to fix it has worked like a charm"

(psst - now could you do something about the formatting for your paypal button and ad links in your mod control panels?  It looks flaming awful and irritates the heck out of me whenever I have to go into admin)

Quote from: Crank! on March 15, 2009, 02:40:02 PM

.... I have set up an obscure board that I am the only one that has access I will direct the sign up there and see. but to answer your question yes I selected a board and made the aditional topic. That is when I had issues with it.

I think you might find it needs to post to a publicly visible board - i.e. no view or read or access restrictions.

On our forums, regular members with zero posts and no selectable membergroup, are named as "registered lurkers" in their post-based group - they have almost the same permissions as unregistered guests and only get to see a few extra boards until they start posting.

If your welcome-poster account sends the welcome post to a board that only you can see, then be sure your welcoming-poster has the appropriate permissions to see and post in that board, and that the new member being welcomed can also see it - just in case the issue is permissions related.

Quote from: Crank! on March 15, 2009, 02:40:02 PM

Try that and look at the message that it gives you when you finish making the additional topic. It says something about the database being too busy and some file is missing. I will try to capture the screen when it happens so you can iron out the issue.

Database being too busy is unlikely to be purely down to the mod - how much memory is allowed for your overall forum script by the SMF settings, and by your hosts?  Have you run your hosting cPanel to check server load?  Maybe you've got a hacker/spammer hammering the hel_l out of your server resources?  It happens - we had it happen twice last year and were checking everything but server resources - it was the hosts who identified what happened.

Gaz

DirtRider

Since I removed the older version and installed this version it does not post the topic when a new member registers  :'(
http://www.triumphtalk.com

"The real question is not whether machines think but whether men do. "

Bergler

Does the old version need to be removed first?? If so it wont let me,

4. Execute Modification ./Sources/Admin.php Test failed
  1. Replace ./Sources/Admin.php Test failed  

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Bergler

Quote from: Bergler on March 18, 2009, 12:35:32 AM
Does the old version need to be removed first?? If so it wont let me,

4. Execute Modification ./Sources/Admin.php Test failed
  1. Replace ./Sources/Admin.php Test failed  

So what do I do now, it wont let me get rid of it?

Harvester

been almost a month since I asked this question:

QuoteI love this mod however I would like if we had the ability to set the topic to "locked" automatically.
Anyway we can modify this to do that in 1.1.8? 

I was told it was easy to do and only a matter of one line of code but never told how to do it. Please explain to me what I need to do in order to accomplish this?

vbgamer45

If this is a needed feature I can do it for $30 for next update.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

GazOutEast

vbgamer

This is just one of my bright ideas from sitting for too long in the bathroom ;)

Any chance the mod at some future update, could be expanded a little so the new member is automatically subscribed to their welcome thread?

Reasoning - my board is quite small right now - just over 100 registered members, with only about 25 of them active.  If the new member was auto-subscribed to the new welcome topic for their user name, it might prompt them to post a response when the other members leap in to say welcome.  Getting them to make that first post and get engaged with the already active bunch seems to be the biggest hurdle to getting them active.

As I say, just a thought and no big deal if cannot be done - maybe it could be via an admin option to attribute the welcome topic post to the new member themselves, with regular admin settings to auto-subscribe to topics they've posted in?

Gaz

EZ1

this what i get when confirm new account

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: str_ireplace() in /Sources/WelcomeTopic2.php on line 355

help please file attached

vbgamer45

Ah. You are using php 4 that function requires php 5
Replace it with str_replace

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: