News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Welcome Topic

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, May 07, 2007, 09:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Mick.

Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 09, 2009, 01:28:52 PM
Yeah with SMF 2.0 {username} no longer works you have to use [username] instead.

Not working for me.  Shows blank for user name.

vbgamer45

What format are you using for username?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Mick.

Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 11, 2009, 07:25:36 PM
What format are you using for username?

At first i was using {user} when i had 1.1.10.

I upgraded to RC2  and it showed {user}. Thats when i realized it wasnt working.  On your previus post, states to use [user].  I changed it, 4 new registrations and the title shows blank.

vbgamer45

Normal registrations? Or using approval option?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Mick.

Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 11, 2009, 08:19:43 PM
Normal registrations? Or using approval option?

Normal.     They need to login after accepting welcome email.

Livewire1

Weird as this worked ONCE for me then has not worked since.. I have tried {username} like the old version :) and [username] as instructed but still doeas not work. my members have to confirm then log in :)

Livewire

Livewire1

I do not mean to try and bump this!! but I have been back and forth to this thread many times hoping for a reply to this very puzzling query..

Has anyone else had these problems with this Mod and has anyone found a solution as it's getting to the stage where I may as well uninstall it. :(

Livewire

vbgamer45

Hoping I will get a chance to check it out some time next week.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

rbeuker

I'm having the same issue... (also using the setting that members must activate their accounts themselves by clicking the link in the emails they get).

Sometimes it does work, however. But most of the time it does not. Maybe a timing problem?  ;)

DirtRider

Quote from: Livewire1 on November 15, 2009, 07:12:47 PM
I do not mean to try and bump this!! but I have been back and forth to this thread many times hoping for a reply to this very puzzling query..

Has anyone else had these problems with this Mod and has anyone found a solution as it's getting to the stage where I may as well uninstall it. :(

Livewire

Same here not much use if it does not post the members name  :(
http://www.triumphtalk.com

"The real question is not whether machines think but whether men do. "

Hoodie

Yeah..  I have it disabled until it's fixed..  Really looking forward to the new release..

Chazz CC

I installed it last week & finally got it to work. No extra efforts other than pointing to the Welcome Board & click the link to "Add Topic"

QuoteHello & Welcome [username]!

Please feel free to browse around, post in topics & get to know everyone. Make sure to visit the arcade too, we have a lot of great games there to play.

DirtRider

And so it does when you use [username] thanks  ;D
http://www.triumphtalk.com

"The real question is not whether machines think but whether men do. "

kgw

For those of who it doesn't work, In Welcome Configuration click "Save Settings" twice. I did that and it worked!

Livewire1

Ok!!

I tried clicking save settings twice as suggested and it worked, which makes me happy :) lol
as this means i do not have to delete it lol
will monitor it with the next few members just to make sure..

thanks for the tip...

Livewire1

Hmmmm!!!!    >:( worked once now does not work again.... weird!!!  ???  I activated someones account in the admin panel and it worked! another member joined this morning and activated his account from the email he got sent and it did not work...

Livewire

vbgamer45

2.0.3 released

Fixed bug in SMF 2.0 RC2 where accounts that were activated by email were not posting a welcome topic

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Livewire1

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You,

Very Much  ;D

I was begining to think that it was me until I found out that it only happened when registering with emails and not manual registration...

Thanks again

Livewire

dakpluto

A request for this mod.  For the post to be done in the poster's name so they can edit it.  This mod is perfect for using as an application system with a predefined form.  I just need the user to have the ability to edit in their info. 

Advertisement: