News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF Poll Mod

Started by clemenzo, June 09, 2007, 11:09:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clemenzo

Link to Mod

This mod will rotate 10 colours to the poll bars and allow voting from SSI block on default theme of SMF.

To use for this mod for custom theme, please unzip the mod archive and upload the poll folder and its content to your theme's images folder.

To show a poll in tinyportal block, add a block of type "phpbox" and enter the one of the following:

ssi_showPoll(X); - For a single fixed poll where X is a topic number.
random_poll(); - For a random poll from all boards accessible by user.
random_poll(Y); - For a random poll from all boards except Y where Y is a board number.
random_poll(array(Y, Z)); - For a random poll from all boards except Y, Z where Y and Z are board numbers.
random_poll(array(A, B, C), 'include'); - For a random poll from A, B, C where A, B and C are board numbers. Users unable to see board A would still be unable to see the poll from board A.

Demo
======

Default theme:

http://dev.voixbox.com/index.php?theme=1
http://dev.voixbox.com/index.php?theme=1&topic=2

Custom theme:

http://www.voixbox.com
http://www.voixbox.com/index.php?topic=15182.0

fangweile

thank you very much, this is really great smf enhancement.

clemenzo

Thank you for using it! Full credit can't go to me alone, I have only originated the rotating color poll bars logic and graphics. The rest of the voting codes came from Thurnok at tinyportal.net.

Though slicing the big code chunks before packaging them took me quite a while..

jdvarner

hey clemenzo,

this one rocks! thank you!

fangweile

It is really works in my forum, great work clemenzo

wilsy

Hi Clemenzo,

I have added to a TP block and it looks fine - but when I try to submit a vote from the block it returns an internal server error 500?

Everything else seems to be fine.

I am wondering if its because I have set the poll to let the members choose three options?

Regards,

Wilsy.

Busy RewindBikers offered to Good Home! 1000+ members, loads of mods, SMF Gallery PRO, TinyPortal installed with great use of blocks, ultimate profiles, PAID SUBSCRIPTIONS (works flawlessly), great theme, 1,500 posts per month - PM or email me if interested.

wilsy

QuoteI am wondering if its because I have set the poll to let the members choose three options?

Just set it to a poll with only one option and still get the error.

Regards,

Wilsy.

Busy RewindBikers offered to Good Home! 1000+ members, loads of mods, SMF Gallery PRO, TinyPortal installed with great use of blocks, ultimate profiles, PAID SUBSCRIPTIONS (works flawlessly), great theme, 1,500 posts per month - PM or email me if interested.

clemenzo

Did your installation complete without any error? Have you tried voting with the default SMF theme?

wilsy

Hi Clemenzo,

Yes, it all went in without error and the same error comes up when you try to vote from the block on the default theme.

I have attached my ssi.php in case it's of use to you.

Thanks Clemenzo.

Regards,

Wilsy.

clemenzo

Are you able to provide details of those error from your web server log? Any detail on the error in your SMF error log?

wilsy

Hi Clemenzo,

Yes, as below: -

Database Error: No database selected
File: /home/rewindla/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 3364

I have attached the subs.php file.

Regards,

Wilsy.

clemenzo

I am not sure what could have caused the error. Do you have a development site which is like a clone to your main site?

If yes, you may want try to disable the Flashchat integration before voting from block again?

wilsy

Hi Clemenzo,

No dev site I'm afraid  :(

No worries - it's well outside of my very basic skills to contribute to solving this one. Hopefully someone else will come across the same error and can shed some light.

In the meantime I'll just keep the block switched off - thanks for taking a look though  :D

Regards,

Wilsy.

vosje505

clemenzo

Quote from: wilsy on June 10, 2007, 03:09:34 PM
Hi Clemenzo,

No dev site I'm afraid  :(

No worries - it's well outside of my very basic skills to contribute to solving this one. Hopefully someone else will come across the same error and can shed some light.

In the meantime I'll just keep the block switched off - thanks for taking a look though  :D

Regards,

Wilsy.

I think there is probably some conflicts with your existing mods in your SSI.php. Hence I suggested you disable all those mods one at a time and try voting from the block each.

My php knowledge is just as limited..

Giddeaon

Great mod - works flawlessly. 

as a side note - i would suggest adding a note to the readme about copying the "poll" folder to the themes image folder if you use a different theme than default. 

clemenzo

Quote from: Giddeaon on June 11, 2007, 06:17:06 PM
Great mod - works flawlessly. 

as a side note - i would suggest adding a note to the readme about copying the "poll" folder to the themes image folder if you use a different theme than default. 
Good point!

[Lucien]

I have the same problem, Internal Server Error when trying to vote...  :(
I'm using SMF 2.0.2 and SimplePortal 2.3.4

clemenzo

Quote from: somze on June 12, 2007, 02:54:55 AM
I have the same problem, Internal Server Error when trying to vote...  :(
What other mods have you installed?

[Lucien]

Quote from: clemenzo on June 12, 2007, 10:04:39 AM
Quote from: somze on June 12, 2007, 02:54:55 AM
I have the same problem, Internal Server Error when trying to vote... :(
What other mods have you installed?

Some Mods :)

1. Profil Moderator Managment 1.0.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
2. Change Theme Permission 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
3. Pretty URLs - Base 0.6  [ Apply Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
4. Use [color] Tags in [code] Mod 1.0  [ Apply Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
5. Youtube Field by Alan S 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
6. Tagging System 1.0.3   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
7. Seo 4 SMF 0.2.9.8  [ Apply Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
8. Custom Profile Field Mod 3.16   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
9. Custom BBCode 2.00   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
10.  Permission Mod 1.01   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
11. Country Flags 1.0.1   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
12. Board Viewers Mod 1.1   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
13. Ad Managment 2.3   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
14. SMF Poll Mod 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
15. YouTube BBC Tag (XHTML Compliant) 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
16. Display Age and Location next to posts 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
17. Gender On Registration 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
18. Advanced Visual Verification 1.1.2   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
19. SMF Radio 1.1   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
20. Profile User Action 1.1   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
21. Member Color Link 2.0.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
22. MySpace Field 2.4  [ Apply Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
23. Topic Ratings 1.03   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
24. Wrap Text Around Image 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
25. Gallery 2 Integration 1.0beta3.1   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
26. Profile Comments 1.2.1   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
27. GoogleVideo BBCode by Yakuza 0.1   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
28. vMulticolor-Stars Mod 0.99   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
29. FlashChat Integration 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
30. Avatars at Index Mod 1.4  [ Apply Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]