News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Visual Warning Mod

Started by Eleglin, July 31, 2007, 08:53:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maggieberry

Just wanted to let you know that it's all up and running now. I figured we'd test it out, and it's working super! Thanks again for your help!

nightyyx

Looks great mod and i would like so much to use it in my smf forum.
But the problem is that i use the last version smf SMF 2.0 RC3  so i dont have the option to install...it is not supported i think.
Anyone know if it is a trick or if will be exist soon a version for this mod for the last smf?:)
Or at least another mod for smf 2 but almost same with this one?

I use also the mod Adk Portal  2.0 RC4  so i hope it wont be a problem.
thanks

Kindred

this will likely not be updated for 2.0, because 2,0 already has warning levels built into it as core functionality
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Eleglin

I will make no new update for this mod. But since I'm not the original author... if someone wants to make modifications to this mod,  he can contact some people in the customisation team. ^^
No support by PM or Mail.

hcfwesker

Well, only staff member groups are able to give and remove warnings, but regular members are able to see the warnings in their posts.  I know this isn't suppose to be like this, and I followed the instructions, any ideas?

I'm on smf 1.1.11

Shoot, even guests can see the warnings :(

http://www.brawldomain.com/index.php?topic=7503.msg0;boardseen#new

Thanx for any help.

Kindred

that is why this mod is called "Visual warning". The warning is visible to everyone.... it's how the mod works, afaik.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

hcfwesker

Then what is the purpose of this line in the MOd description ...

QuoteVersion 1.4+ adds a new option allowing you to hide level warnings for people unable to warn. (SMF 1.1.x)

yeah ... I'm confused  :o

Kindred

hmmm... good point. I haven't used this mod since I upgraded to 2.0...
Слaва
Украинi

nightyyx

Tried to install this latest version of this mod but i am getting this error message on my smf 1.1.11

Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

Type     Action     Description
1.    Execute Code    VisualWarningPdb.php    
2.    Execute Modification    ./index.php    Test successful
3.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ModSettings.php    Test successful
4.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Profile.template.php    Test successful
5.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Display.php    Test successful
6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Display.template.php    Test successful
7.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Post.php    Test failed
8.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Post.template.php    Test successful
9.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Karma.php    Test successful
10.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test successful
11.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Security.php    Test successful
12.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test successful
13.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test successful
14.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Load.php    Test successful
15.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful

As you can see only 7 post.php shows that have problem.
I went here http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=parse;mod=878;attach=75495;smf_version=1.1.10
and added the extra code on post.php that says there.

Still nothing.
I added also the extra code on posttemplate.php

STILL THE SAME ERROR.

And it is strange since i dont have other packages installed on my smf forum expect my custom theme ofcourse.

Kindred

you need to actually APPLY the mod, despite the error, and THEN make manual modifications to the file(s) that errored.

Also, on the 1.1.x series, you will have to manually modify any themes other than the default theme.
Слaва
Украинi

nightyyx

so better to remove the content that i added to  Post.template.php  since it was succesfull on test and also to the post.php and add again the content to the post.php after the install?
What you mean about manual modify of themes?
i didnt saw at this link http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=parse;mod=878;attach=75495;smf_version=1.1.10 any code for theme..
if i am wrong please correct me.

Kindred

mods only install into the default theme on 1.1.x. Any themes other than the default will have to have their template files manually modfied.

(and, you know... all of this has been answered at least 12 dozen times, in nearly every mod thread... and even in the FAQ and Docs... Try using search?)
Слaва
Украинi

nightyyx

yes i am sorry but i was using long time the smf 2.0 rc3 that hadn't problem like this so i couldnt imagine these issues:)

Kindred

yes, there are many things that 2.0 does better than 1.1.x
Слaва
Украинi

pilladoll

i'm using 1.1.11, when tried to intall, this appears:

Type   Action   Description
1.   Execute Code   VisualWarningPdb.php   
2.   Execute Modification   ./index.php   Test successful
3.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/ModSettings.php   Test successful
4.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/Profile.template.php   Test successful
5.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Display.php   Test successful
6.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/Display.template.php   Test successful
7.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Post.php   Test failed
8.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/Post.template.php   Test successful
9.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Karma.php   Test successful
10.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Subs.php   Test successful
11.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Security.php   Test successful
12.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php   Test successful
13.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/index.template.php   Test successful
14.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Load.php   Test successful
15.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php   Test successful
16.   Extract File   ./Sources/VisualWarning11.php   
17.   Extract File   ./Themes/default/VisualWarning.template.php   
18.   Extract File   ./Themes/default/images/warnban.gif   
19.   Extract File   ./Themes/default/images/warnpmod.gif   
20.   Extract File   ./Themes/default/images/warnmute.gif   
21.   Extract File   ./Themes/default/images/warnwarn.gif   
22.   Extract File   ./Themes/default/images/members.gif   
23.   Extract File   ./Themes/default/images/buttons/warn.gif   
24.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.french.php   File not found
25.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.polish.php   File not found
26.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.turkish.php   File not found
27.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.croatian.php   File not found
28.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.danish.php   File not found
29.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.spanish.php   File not found
30.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.portuguese.php   File not found
31.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.brazilian.php   File not found

what should i do?
http://ssnd.xtreemhost.com/foro/index.php
SMF Version 1.1.12
Theme: Gold Moon

Kindred

why does no one use search?  This question is answered at least 10 times in nearly every mod thread.

It failed because something has already altered the code so it does not match the automatic search/install. You will have to manually install it to that file
Слaва
Украинi

NoumanQAli

Kindred

try using search?

Mods install (mostly) only in English. (and English UTF-8 is different from English)
Слaва
Украинi

vince123

I've tried everything, even did it add manually. But I keep getting this:

It also not showing in admin panel.

Quote from: Kindred on October 30, 2010, 07:20:58 PM
try using search?

Mods install (mostly) only in English. (and English UTF-8 is different from English)

Is that whats wrong with mine? If so please tell me how to fix, I'm new with this.

Kindred

yes, that is what is wrong.

either switch to English, or update your modifications.english-utf8.php file with the text strings
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: