News:

SMF 2.0.19 has been released! Please update. Read more.

Main Menu

Visual Warning Mod

Started by Eleglin, July 31, 2007, 08:53:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timetraveller

I don't have an "Edit" button to click, next to the instruction that failed.

Kindred

Oh... You are using 1.1..x....    I forgot that 1.1.x does not do that.

Go to the mod download page and click the button to parse for manual installation and look at the instrauctions for the failed file in there....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

timetraveller

So I find that file.

I chuck it into TextPad.

I go through the file finding the bits and copying in the additional stuff.

Then I put it back in and hope for the best :)

I will of course do my back-ups first.


yogesh_gamer

using 1.1.13 version
i can't install this mod.
Automatically test fail
and manually i am getting 550 Internal server error

yogesh_gamer

Quote from: yogesh_gamer on May 23, 2011, 09:04:01 PM
using 1.1.13 version
i can't install this mod.
Automatically test fail
and manually i am getting 550 Internal server error
reply me

Joe_

Hey, I know this is extremely old, but would you consider updating this for 2.0?

Biology Forums

For some reason, there is no link posted in where is says: Topic Where Raised...

has anyone correct this?

Sefket

I run a SMF board 1.1.15, and the Mod Logs doesn't show bans/warns. Another thing - when the staff warn users, it replaces the previous warn with the new one. Is there a way it can show ALL of the logs for that person?

Sefket


freija_robin

#669
Hi there. I've got a problem.

When I warn an user, he has two "Warned" text under his nickname, not only one. (see image below)



How can I fix it? Thanks!

EDIT

Solved! ^^

I deleted the double code


//  Mod Visual warning :: Hide these things for people unable to warn?
     if ($modSettings['visualw_hide'] == 0 && isset($message['member']['warning']['link']) && $message['member']['warning']['link'] !== '')
          echo'
            ', $message['member']['warning']['link'];
      elseif ($context['can_warn'] && isset($message['member']['warning']['link']) && $message['member']['warning']['link'] !== '')
            echo'
            ', $message['member']['warning']['link'];


in ./Themes/default/Display.template.php file.

Sefket

Quote from: Sefket on December 01, 2011, 04:49:51 PM
I run a SMF board 1.1.15, and the Mod Logs doesn't show bans/warns. Another thing - when the staff warn users, it replaces the previous warn with the new one. Is there a way it can show ALL of the logs for that person?

^^

1.1.16 now.

S3NTYN3L

Any plans to update this for latest v1 compatibility AND v2?

Anarchology

I just installed the mod, and it works flawlessly on 1.1.16. However, I'm planning on giving the privileges to use this mod over to my Global Moderators. However, the one feature I do not want them having the ability to do is the ban feature. Can someone direct me to the code I need to delete or modify just to remove the ability for them to ban.

I did remove the code in languages.english.php file that shows up on the form, so that the Global Moderators will not have the ability to type in the number 4 for a ban. However, I just need a little help making that option unavailable.

Thanks in advance.

trex_ln

Hi.,All

i nstall this mod in 1.1.16 it have problem

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE = MYISAM COMMENT = 'Visual Warning Post Moderation'' at line 14
Archivo: /var/Packages/temp/VisualWarningPdb.php
Line: 64


pls. help?

Candice

Quote from: trex_ln on November 24, 2013, 02:19:57 PM
Hi.,All

i nstall this mod in 1.1.16 it have problem

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE = MYISAM COMMENT = 'Visual Warning Post Moderation'' at line 14
Archivo: /var/Packages/temp/VisualWarningPdb.php
Line: 64


pls. help?


Try uninstalling it and reinstalling it again.

Arantor

That won't help.

The mod is old, it won't work properly on current MySQL versions.

trex_ln

Quote from: Arantor on November 24, 2013, 03:04:37 PM
That won't help.

The mod is old, it won't work properly on current MySQL versions.

i use mysql version 5.5.28 and now can fix my problem.

change TYPE= to ENGINE=

Thanks for help

Candice

Would it have worked when the mod was new?

Arantor

Quote from: Candice on November 24, 2013, 04:34:02 PM
Would it have worked when the mod was new?

Several years ago, yes, it would have worked because MySQL used TYPE= as indicated above but current versions of MySQL do not.

Candice

If you used the version of MYSQL from a few years ago this year with that mod, would it work?

Advertisement: