Advanced Visual Verification (captcha)

Started by Daniel15, August 17, 2007, 06:06:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ambasador

perro88

Anyone have a idea how to put this mod working with user email mod at the same time?.

B.SkiLLs

Can some one please recode and touch this Mod up so that it works on 1.1.4 and to have an option that members DO NOT have to fill out a (captcha) for anything

It would be so much appreciated, i am in need bad of this. Thanks :)

VICKTORY THE UNDERDOG Documentary – Pitbulls the untold true story

This is a must read & watch. Then Buy your DVD today. You will not regret it. Totally AWESOME. Best i ever seen. --

Ambasador

Quote from: Triple-X on December 24, 2007, 11:13:22 AM
Can some one please recode and touch this Mod up so that it works on 1.1.4 and to have an option that members DO NOT have to fill out a (captcha) for anything

I think you can do this by yourself, editing the package-info.xml or the modifications.xml file.

PS: Merry Christmas to all of you that celebrate it!

izar

I have the same problem Iand I bont know how to change it

thanks

Dorian

I've got a problem with this mod, if I have scripts in the execution chain which contain UTF-8 characters encoding with byte order mark. Is this a bug in the script? (Which I cant find.) Or in PHP?
I'm using Apache on Windows with PHP 5.2.5 (nessecary extensions installed of course, since it works for most themes and languages (no I didn't forget to modify the theme manually)).

Anyone got an idea on this? Would help me a bunch. :)

PS: I am not keen on removing BOM's in ~700 PHP scripts I'm using.
I'm your creativity creator:)

psy

I really need this mod working with 1.1.4  I tried editing the package-info.xml but when I try to install the package it says it's corrupted.

Please help, my board needs guest posting and i'm getting absoulutely flooded with spam.

gamerxgirl

Quote from: psy on January 20, 2008, 08:57:25 AM
I really need this mod working with 1.1.4  I tried editing the package-info.xml but when I try to install the package it says it's corrupted.

Please help, my board needs guest posting and i'm getting absoulutely flooded with spam.

I think it's related to the server downtime and some mods and their files got corrupted. We can only hope that the author of this mod will re-upload it. Though you can get it working with 1.1.4 through emulating the version number (search the forums on  how-to). Good luck.
Xenaverse.net Xena: Warrior Princess Forums | Gallery | Reviews | Fan Fiction

Geko

Daniel, please upload this mod again. The file got corrupted and it is desperately needed...  :(

Geko

If Daniel is not going to do it, can someone else please upload the file or give an alterative link to the mod? You would really help :( .

B.SkiLLs

VICKTORY THE UNDERDOG Documentary – Pitbulls the untold true story

This is a must read & watch. Then Buy your DVD today. You will not regret it. Totally AWESOME. Best i ever seen. --

mark7144

Zorchenhimer

I can't get this mod working.  I installed it on a local private server with SMF 1.1.4, and it seems to be working fine except for an error in the error log (see below).  When I try to install it on my live site (same configuration, including theme and SMF version) it 'installs' fine, however I cannot access the settings page for it.  When I look in the error log I see this error:

8: Undefined index: verificationSettingsDesc
File: [path to smf]/smf/Sources/ManageRegistration.php
Line: 137

as well as this one:

8: Undefined index: verificationVisual
File: [path to smf]/smf/Sources/ManageRegistration.php
Line: 136

On my local server I am getting one error, however it seems to still be working:

2: imagettftext() [<a href='function.imagettftext'>function.imagettftext</a>]: Could not read font
File: /var/www/smf/Sources/Verification.php
Line: 946

This is with this mod download: AdvancedVisualVerification_1-2_Fixed.tgz

Any help is greatly appreciated.

iRuben

I find it a little strange to see how many people have problems with this mod. I installed it on a relatively fresh 1.1.5 installation with only a few other mods installed (TinyPortal and AutoTooltips/AutoLinktips) and it is working fine.

The only minor problem it gives me is that sometimes (about 1 out of every 5 times) one character less is displayed than it is supposed to. I mean that you can only see 4 characters while there should be 5 and when changing the settings to 3 characters I sometimes see just 2. This isn't a "real problem" because the text says you should see 5 characters, so you can just request a new image if you only see 4, but it is a little annoying.

When I came to this topic to see if anyone else reported this "problem" I noticed a lot of people having troubles with this mod. It is still working/supported?

[Edit]

Since noone replied yet, I thought I'd just edit this post...

Is there any way to change the main (background) color of the verification image so I can match it to my theme?

[Edit 2]

Never mind the color question, already found it in /Sources/Verification.php under:

$background_color = array(234237243);
$foreground_color = array(64101136);

Still missing characters though...

[Edit 3]

Okay, finally got the "missing characters" problem solved too. Aparantly my server had troubles with the dymo.ttf font and was unable to display it. When trying to open the font on my Mac, Font Book just crashes. It's weird that I have the exact same problem on another server with a SMF installation that is -not- from the same package, so it seems like the problem with the font is somewhere in the source package maybe? ::)

Anyhow, the mod is working perfectly now. I'll just leave my own problem solving message in here in case someone else is experiencing the same weird behaviour and might use the search function in here. :-)

SunRipper

I tried the visual verification mod... http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=907,
but it didn't work on either one of my 2 boards that are running SMF 1.1.5.  These are both clean new boards.

I don't see any images in the preview mode, and I don't see any images when I am trying to register.
Hmmm, is this obvious to anyone?

The features in the admin panel look pretty cool.  I just wish I could get it to work.

Suggestions appreciated.

Richard

yulbeast

I have smf 1.1.5 and also had the same problems after installing this mod:
I saw no admin configuration, and the new posts where rejected for not accomplishing with the captcha, but no captcha was shown to the guest, so they would not post.

This is how I could fix it:
=================
I noticed I have a theme which is different from the default theme, so I took a look to the ftp files and noticed that, under the Themes folder, this mod affected only to the default folder, changing files

The solution:
=========
I downloaded to my pc this files from the default theme folder (Themes/default/):
./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php
./Themes/default/Register.template.php
./Themes/default/Post.template.php
./Themes/default/Search.template.php
./Themes/default/PersonalMessage.template.php

Then I looked for this same files, but this time under my custom theme folder (Themes/pnpn115b/)
I found that this theme had his own version of some of that files (all of them but Register.template.php)
Carefully, edited my custom theme files and made the same modifications they had suffered in the default theme. (obviously after backup them).
And ... voila! the mod works.

Surely there are better ways to do this. Maybe I should have my custom theme copied to the default folder BEFORE I install any of this mods, so the installation process would modify it the same way it modified the default theme.

I don't know if this is the standard process for a mod install, to change only the default theme instead of modding all the themes, or at least the one I have set as common for all users.

ruaduck

for my themes i like i usually only use a style.css file and let the default folder take care of the rest.  Seems to make my modding go a bit easier and the only manual changes i seem to have to do are to language files.

Jade Elizabeth

2: imagettftext() [<a href='function.imagettftext'>function.imagettftext</a>]: Could not read font
File: /Sources/Verification.php
Line: 946

I'm getting these errors on a clean 1.1.5 installation....how do I fix it?
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Advertisement: