News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

bloggy!

Started by forsakenlad, August 18, 2007, 12:22:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teunel

This really is a great theme, thanks! :D

forsakenlad

Quote from: Anguz on October 20, 2007, 12:21:24 AM
*eren: VERY WELL DONE!

This is an awesome thing you did. I knew it could be done from the start and even started working a bit on it way too long ago, and left it undone. THANK YOU for taking the time to achieve this wonderful theme. I look forward to the improvements you make to it and what others do from it after you sparked their creativity with the awesome example provided.

Idea: it'd be great to have a script able to take a zip file with a WordPress theme and then output the CSS to add to your templates. It'd probably kind of tough to have it work with any and every theme out there, but probably workable with many.

Hey Anguz, really nice to see you again. Well I'll try so that my theme uses generic wp classes for compatibility with wp themes. I've not started it yet but I will soon.

Quote from: Teunel on January 12, 2008, 04:32:37 PM
This really is a great theme, thanks! :D

Thank you very much. Its these kind of sentences that keep the voluntary work going.

Btw I've been developing a lot of other styles and will be releasing them soon.
Eren "forsakenlad" Yaşarkurt
SMF Friend & Former Team Member

falguni1

forsakenlad

Quote from: raviverm on January 13, 2008, 12:10:36 PM
No Default Theme is just fine....it happens with Bloggy only...Yes this seems to be a rendering issue...I guess it also about the size of the font....I tested this with a different english font size 12 or 14...and guess what.... I can see the same issue...

Can u pls provide me a fix

Quote from: *eren on January 12, 2008, 04:37:29 PM
Are you getting the same error when using the default theme. I'm not sure if this is a rendering issue related to the css used in my theme or a general one about Hindu language.

Well I can't really get hold of any Indian content, can you send me the Indian text thats causing problems?

neocoolsong

Here is your hindi word

एरेन

Thats your Hindi name Buddy ;) .... If u wannaa test it, make a few lines with this word and u are all set

here is the test link:
http://www.spiritualindia.org/blog/articles-and-stories/post-t614.0.html

repro Steps:
Just scroll up and scroll down several times quickly using your mouse button...

Thanks

Ravi

Quote from: *eren on January 13, 2008, 12:21:11 PM
Quote from: raviverm on January 13, 2008, 12:10:36 PM
No Default Theme is just fine....it happens with Bloggy only...Yes this seems to be a rendering issue...I guess it also about the size of the font....I tested this with a different english font size 12 or 14...and guess what.... I can see the same issue...

Can u pls provide me a fix

Quote from: *eren on January 12, 2008, 04:37:29 PM
Are you getting the same error when using the default theme. I'm not sure if this is a rendering issue related to the css used in my theme or a general one about Hindu language.

Well I can't really get hold of any Indian content, can you send me the Indian text thats causing problems?
My lil place for funny stuff -> www.funsutra.com - Fun, Masti, Jokes, Pics :)

forsakenlad

I see it yes, I'll be away for a few days so don't expect a fixed release till the weekend. Thanks for letting me know though.

ApplianceJunk

I am trying to install the bloggy them on a fresh install of SMF

I download the zip file. Then go to the admin>Package to Upload: upload a package.

When I click upload I get the message.

QuoteAn Error Has Occurred!
The package you tried to upload either is not a valid package or has become corrupted. 

I have nothing else on the forum at this time as I want to use this smf as a blog.

Here is the url to the new smf I just installed.

http://www.appliancejunk.com/blog

eXecuT

Be sure what Bloggy theme works on your SMF using version or the package you downloaded is corrupted!
Visit = | www.pc-kopatiz.com |

ApplianceJunk

Ok, I am being a dumb @ss today, sorry.

I was trying to install this theme through the admin>Package to Upload: upload a package like a mod.

It should be installed through Admin>Themes and Layout Settings.

Works great now! :)

Our reg. site: http://www.ApplianceJunk.com/forums
Our new blog: http://www.ApplianceJunk.com/blog

Sorry about the mix up.

Thanks for all the hard work on this theme.

neocoolsong

Hi Eren

Any update ?

I am eagerly waiting !

Thanks

Ravi

Quote from: *eren on January 16, 2008, 05:54:29 AM
I see it yes, I'll be away for a few days so don't expect a fixed release till the weekend. Thanks for letting me know though.

falguni1

hello, *eren

I want to use bloggy, I am dependent on tinyportal very much.

I cannot convert bloggy to tp because it is having fixed width.

please can you make bloggy fluid width so I can convert it to tp and use it..

forsakenlad

The current file on the theme site is corrupted because of the latest issues with the sm.org server. I'm doing some vast improvements to the theme including different blog styles. I'm hoping to release a theme with all the issues fixed within the week.

falguni1

please also tell me will you make the theme tinyportal compatible.

means so that jeff can convert it to tp.

I am using tp, I cannot use a theme which is not tp compatible.

neocoolsong

Eren

Are you open for suggestions for Bloggy theme? I am few suggestions.

Thanks

Ravi

forsakenlad

Of course I am, shoot them.

starcad

Hey *eren,  New here to SMF's and just set 'bloggy' as my default.  Finally forum software that is very easy to use and change and with 'bloggy',

JUST WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR.

Thank you for releasing this theme as it is better than I could have ever asked for.

BTY I love the ease of moding the css as it is very easy to follow.
StarCad Plans
http://www.starcadplans.net [nofollow]

Parker

I am developing a new forum using the default smf theme and bloggy! as the theme for one of the boards.   

I would like to remove the the following from displaying on the initial blog screen:
Child Boards (I will not have any child boards)
General Stats..
Subscribe...

I cannot find the code for these blocks.   Can you advise, please?

Thanks much for your help.
Parker

andrewteg

parker, are you looking for it like I setup http://www.andrewteg.com? I'm just toying around at the moment but like the idea of a blog and love this template!

Kindred

Parker.... If you men the sections in the right column...   they're coded in boardIndex.template.php and MessageIndex.template.php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

varnco

I too, and trying to figure out how to get the list of forums on the front page to continue onto the next page, so it acts like a forum, rather than only listing the child forums once you get into a message.

I've found that boaordindex.php is the front page of bloggy, and once you click on a link in the menu on the right, you use messageindex.php, and the menu on the right changes to list only child forums rather than the complete list of forum topics.

I can't figure out the code, and compared the coding that supplies the menus for both..

Any advice or direction is appreciated... I'll keep working at it.

Advertisement: