vMessageIcon Filters

Started by Valodim, August 30, 2007, 05:21:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valodim

Link to Mod

This mod adds a filter by message icons to specific boards. Just look at the screenshots, it's really quite simple.

feature list:
- the filter dialogue may be collapsed
- multiple filters can be selected at once by holding down SHIFT while clicking
- stickies are always shown
- option to allow use of board-specific message icons in the first post of a thread only, and fall back to default ones (ie, those for all boards) for replies

known issues:
- the page number is not adjusted for filtered results. very minor, probably not worth fixing.
- default theme only :P

All relevant settings are in the Settings tab of "Smileys and Message Icons" in the admin menu.

This is a great alternative if you have seperate but similar content, but not enough overall to warrant several subforums.

watchhorse

Wij zoeken diergerelateerde fora ter overname.
Pb gerust als je geen tijd of zin meer hebt om uw forum te onderhouden.

Valodim

it's implemented on my forums:
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?board=310.0

which is where the screenshots are from, too.

husam

hi,

how do I install to a custom skin?

I use: Aa_New_Damage skin

and my smf forums's version is 1.1.2

allumius

work fine

Paracelsus

I know you say "defaul theme only", but it shouldn't be too difficult to adapt it to a custom theme...

... I'll check on it and give it a try.

Valodim

of course you can mod it into a custom theme. it's not that difficult either. just need to do it, which I didn't :P

husam

Paracelsus

Actuallym Valodim, I'm having some trouble installing it even on default theme.

I'm using SMF 1.1.2 and the "filter-window" doesn't appear,  even with the correct board ID. Does it need some other option enabled to work, like custom message icons or it just works specifically with custom message icons?

Valodim

Quote from: Paracelsus on September 02, 2007, 08:45:49 AM
I'm using SMF 1.1.2 and the "filter-window" doesn't appear,  even with the correct board ID. Does it need some other option enabled to work, like custom message icons or it just works specifically with custom message icons?

yes the ones used in the filter are the custom message icons for that board. thought that was obvious... isn't it? might need to add that to the readme then :P

Paracelsus

Oh ok... now it works, even on custom theme... one just have to follow what's in the xml (and to adapt certain stuff that remains only your own custom theme ;))

Thanks, it's great!

husam

How do you install it on a CUSTOM theme?

Valodim

there is no generic way - if there was, it would be done automatically.

look at the install.xml and apply the changes to the template files to your template files where appropiate.

Neelay

Hi. Wanted to know in which folder should I add the custom images, so that they will be available as message icons

Valodim

for default theme
Themes/default/images/post
and you have to add them to the specific board in the Smileys & Message Icons admin tab.

franklinrony

please helpme the mod install ok configure but the filer menu dont show in board, i add my custom icons
http://twitter.com/franklinrony

Entra y aprende a ser un webmaster
www.sv-blog.com
--Si pides ayuda al menos agradece el soporte recibido----

Valodim

that looks like a custom template... does it overwrite the Message.template.php?

franklinrony

mm not i have the default template, but dont show the icon filter menu

www.sv-blog.com

Valodim

are you sure you have the default template? that screenshot looks like a custom one...

and did the mod install without errors?

franklinrony

yes the mod install  without error , configure in icons to show in board but nothing appear :( is a very good mod

www.sv-blog.com

Advertisement: