News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Personal Icons 2.0

Started by Windy, September 20, 2007, 10:01:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windy

Link to Mod
Turkish language strings courtesy of Hoochie Coochie Man

This mod gives users the ability to give themselves an icon (very small, default size 20x20), which will be shown by their name in topics, personal messages, and in the topic index if they started a topic.
Must be enabled in Features and Options first.
All unsolicited PM's will be ignored.  Any support requests should go in their topics.

My Mods

Image Zoom Tag
Image Quote Removal
Color Picker
Additional Polls
Simple Awards System

Mods are only updated to the latest same major version of smf on request.

!Hachi!

so it will replace user's name?screen shot will be great.
Happy Ramadan

Kirby

No, it will let them put a small icon that will show up next to their name. I'll get a screenshot ASAP :)

ALEJO

sounds good... im waiting the ss :P
solo el mas paranoico sobrevive

karlbenson

brianjw

Kirby

Assistance

~playing poker~

NeLLIsania

yeah very nice mod. i'm install this mod on smf 1.1.4(default theme) and all working good, but users without admin's right can't set icons in profile. And in user profile, i'm can't find form for select remote icon, but in lang file write: 'Choose a remotely stored personal icon'...  But, but, but... When i'm viewing user profile i can set remote icon for him.

anyone have ideas how fix it ?!

PS! And how fix next error:
8: Undefined index: personal_icon
File: /usr/home/wwwlocal/forum/Themes/default/Display.template.php (eval?)
Line: 312
/* Have a nice day! */

NeLLIsania

Quote from: NeLLIsania on September 27, 2007, 07:45:40 AM
yeah very nice mod. i'm install this mod on smf 1.1.4(default theme) and all working good, but users without admin's right can't set icons in profile. And in user profile, i'm can't find form for select remote icon, but in lang file write: 'Choose a remotely stored personal icon'...  But, but, but... When i'm viewing user profile i can set remote icon for him.

problem solved. Allow set icons in group rights. But second problem still not resolve :(
/* Have a nice day! */

Miyagi

So does it allow you to delete your profile name totally and replace it with a nice lookin pic / name... is the user id still retained?
FordXR5Turbo.com - Dedicated to the Ford Focus & Mondeo XR5 Turbo in Australia
FordXR4.com - Dedicated to the Ford Fiesta XR4 in Australia

Kirby

Quote from: Miyagi on September 28, 2007, 06:46:08 PM
So does it allow you to delete your profile name totally and replace it with a nice lookin pic / name... is the user id still retained?
Nothing is removed, it just adds an icon.

Quote from: NeLLIsania on September 27, 2007, 07:45:40 AM

PS! And how fix next error:
8: Undefined index: personal_icon
File: /usr/home/wwwlocal/forum/Themes/default/Display.template.php (eval?)
Line: 312
Thats odd.. Will look into it.

Kirby

NeLLIsania, are you sure the edits were made to Load.php? Can you attach or email the file to kirby AT simplemachines.org?
If it is indeed a bug I will package it with my current update for SMF 1.1.4.

NeLLIsania

yeah, Load.php modified correctly. attached file from my forum modified by over installed mods.
/* Have a nice day! */

Assistance

~playing poker~

Kirby

I have figured out the problem and will release an up to date package soon.
EDIT: new package online; 1.1.4 support, guest error fixed, and db insertion bug fixed as well.

xXxMetaSoulxXx

I have the Mod installed, and enabled, but I can't see where I can set an icon for them.

***EDIT***
Nevermind, I found it. I have so many Mods installed, I got confused!

fabteam

hello

same thing for me i cannot figure out how to make this work...
I install the mod and have an avatar but nothing happened
thanks for your help

Kirby

The URL can be set from the profile. You have to also enable the mod and give permissions to users.

fabteam

Thank you Kirby.
The URL ? you mean the URL that linked to the image I want to use ? That is what I did.
The mod is working fine from what I understand in the package manager and as I am the admin I do not know where I can give me permission to use this...

Advertisement: