News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Include & Exclude Tags

Started by Windy, September 21, 2007, 11:51:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windy

Link to Mod

Include & Exclude Tag Package v1.0
-----------------------------------
Adds two new tags, with the soul purpose of showing and hiding things from specific users and groups.
Tag is used as so:
Parameters: g = 1,2 (group ids') and u = 1,2 (user ids')
eg. [include g=1,2 u=1,2,3]Groups 1, 2 and Members 1, 2, 3 are the only ones that can see this[/include]
eg. [exclude g=1,2 u=1,2,3]Groups 1, 2 and Members 1, 2, 3 are the only ones that can't see this[/exclude]

Also, in addition to that, included and excluded content won't show up when quoted regardless of whether they can see it or not as it would require quite a lot of work for me to do as such.  Also, anyone with the permission to modify anyone's posts can view it as well.
All unsolicited PM's will be ignored.  Any support requests should go in their topics.

My Mods

Image Zoom Tag
Image Quote Removal
Color Picker
Additional Polls
Simple Awards System

Mods are only updated to the latest same major version of smf on request.

fiver

Many thks Windy.

This mod is the answer to my discussion with Colonel Waffles a year ago.
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=117418.0

I have a question... can both tags be nested? For example,
[include][exclude][/exclude][/include]
[exclude][include][/include][/exclude]

Thanks again for the very useful mod.

Windy

Quote from: fivearts on October 02, 2007, 01:37:29 AM
Many thks Windy.

This mod is the answer to my discussion with Colonel Waffles a year ago.
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=117418.0

I have a question... can both tags be nested? For example,
[include][exclude][/exclude][/include]
[exclude][include][/include][/exclude]

Thanks again for the very useful mod.

In theory they should be able to be, I don't see why not.
All unsolicited PM's will be ignored.  Any support requests should go in their topics.

My Mods

Image Zoom Tag
Image Quote Removal
Color Picker
Additional Polls
Simple Awards System

fiver

Thks Windy for the reply.

1. Is it possible to differentiate the hidden text from the normal text? For example, hidden text has a different background color (eg. yellow).

This will help the reader to know whether he is replying to a hidden text and thus he may choose to hide his reply also.

2. Is there any way to convert the included or excluded group/user id number(s) into group/user name and show these names when I mouseover the hidden text?

In another word, poster writes his post and uses include/exclude using id numbers, but when reader put his cursor over it, it will show a note like "Hidden text for groupA, groupE, userA, userG."

In some situations, it might be useful to know who can or cannot read the text.

3. Those who can't read the hidden message will see a yellow bar with a word "Private." And maybe, if they mouseover the word, they can see who the private view is for... like "Hidden text for groupA, groupE, userA, userG."

;)

fiver

Hi windy,

I can't do php programming, so just an idea...

1. Is it possible to have postcount in the tag?

[include post=30]testing one two three[include]
Those with 30 or more posts can see this hidden text.

Your mod is really really effective! as they are all hidden even in print, reply quote and topic summery under reply quote. Can't thank you enough.

Windy

Groups includes post groups as well.  I really want to try and avoid overloading it with features, i could add things like age, gender, location and just about anything else, but as I said I want to avoid overloading it and keep it simple.

My Mods

Image Zoom Tag
Image Quote Removal
Color Picker
Additional Polls
Simple Awards System

Jade Elizabeth

this isnt working on my forum at all...

http://www.jades-world.com/forums/index.php?topic=722.0  <link to the testing topic....

i dunno. it worked once... ::)
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Jade Elizabeth

Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Assistance

have you anything in the error log ?
~playing poker~

Jade Elizabeth

i disabled it...lemme enable it again...

Jade Elizabeth

8: Undefined offset: 533
File: /home/jade/public_html/forums/Themes/default/languages/Post.english.php (eval?)
Line: 790

SO...i guess i should check my post.english.php file.....

EDIT: cant parse the mod...ill attempt to read it lol

Jade Elizabeth

well obviously thats not from the mod...is it?
i dunno why its not working.

Assistance

have you installed any mods since this mod?
you say it worked before....  in your forum it did, now it doesn't

safe to assume its conflicting with a newer mod
or the 1.1.4 update is conflicting (which I doubt)

~playing poker~

Jade Elizabeth

no, when i tested it, i thought it worked...it didnt, i realised hobo could see it anyways because of his being admin and all *rolls eyes*
and the other time it worked could be because the other user has admin capabilities, though hes not a full one.

i didnt install anything after it.

dannbass

Windy, I have a question, the include exclude tags only work for membergroups but not for guest "-1" right? Could you add the guest group as well I want to add something that only guest can see when the text that is in the include tag is added

Thanks and it is a terrific mod!!

Edit...
Actually the exclude tag is not working at all... doesn't matter whatever group I put it excludes everybody except for the admins.

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: dannbass on February 24, 2008, 09:09:36 PM
Windy, I have a question, the include exclude tags only work for membergroups but not for guest "-1" right? Could you add the guest group as well I want to add something that only guest can see when the text that is in the include tag is added

Thanks and it is a terrific mod!!

Edit...
Actually the exclude tag is not working at all... doesn't matter whatever group I put it excludes everybody except for the admins.

I couldn't get these to work either :(
I do still want them though.

Feyd

I liked these tags. Does someone use them with 1.1.5 ??

Sudhakar Arjunan

Could not understand the mod concept of include and exclude.

I have manually installed on 2.0 beta 4.

Need to hide the content for particular user.

How it could be done. Andy suggestions.
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

fiver

Hi Windy,
Any update for this to work on SMF2? My forum members use this a lot, therefore at the moment I can't upgrade forum to SMF2 if this tag doesn't work on it.
thanks.

Legend Zero

Quote from: fiver on October 05, 2009, 08:30:44 AM
Hi Windy,
Any update for this to work on SMF2? My forum members use this a lot, therefore at the moment I can't upgrade forum to SMF2 if this tag doesn't work on it.
thanks.

Do a manuel edit on your Subs and Posts files, and it'll work with SMF 2. I just manually edited it into SMF2, worked fine (So far) If everything goes well I'll resubmit this to the Mod site as a 2.0 compatable version.

Advertisement: