News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

New msgs in a subboard

Started by jindroush, November 11, 2004, 02:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jindroush

Hi,

I apologize if this bug was already reported, but I was unable to come with reasonable search query  ;)

When new message is entered in a subboard, the 'new messages' light at the left doesn't turn on on parent board. I can't believe that could be a feature  8)

It's kinda hard to find such a new message when its 'light' is hidden in the second level of boards.

Ben_S

What theme are you using, in the default theme theres a half bight icon for new posts in sub boards.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

jindroush

I'm using classic. I don't like default, and it also renders incorrectly on my system (fonts too large for the small boxes/buttons)

[Unknown]

Quote from: jindroush on November 11, 2004, 02:39:15 PM
I'm using classic. I don't like default, and it also renders incorrectly on my system (fonts too large for the small boxes/buttons)

You've probably messed with the index template, or made changes that have caused it to use quirks mode instead of standards mode.  Both themes use the same size fonts.

-[Unknown]

jindroush

I'm using the original files. I haven't touched them.

Even here, if I add ';theme=3', the text 'Search' doesn't fit into the button, and 'key stats' box text overflows too.

Using Mozilla 1.7 on WXP SP2 eng. No problem in MSIE 6.0 though.

That doesn't solve my problem anyway  :P I want to see sub-board 'new' status even in classic, if that's possible.  8)

[Unknown]

Try hitting Ctrl - 0.  That should reset your text size.  Should that not help, try pressing Ctrl-F5.

I'm using Mozilla Firefox 1.0, and I experience none of these problems - using any of the themes available on this site.

Find, BoardIndex.template.php:
$board['new'] ?

Replace:
$board['new'] || $board['children_new'] ?

-[Unknown]

jindroush

Quote from: [Unknown] on November 11, 2004, 04:41:33 PM
Try hitting Ctrl - 0.  That should reset your text size.  Should that not help, try pressing Ctrl-F5.
I'm using Mozilla Firefox 1.0, and I experience none of these problems - using any of the themes available on this site.

That doesn't help. I suspect that 'large fonts' may play some role in this. I'm using 1280x960 on 19" crt, so the larger fonts are needed for me.

Advertisement: