Mambo bridge question: jumpstart to smf board

Started by Large33, November 16, 2004, 04:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Large33

I'm using the Mambo/SMF bridge (2.04b) and everything is functioning ok. Does anyone know if it's possible to open a forum directly in a specific board. By default the main index page of smf is opened when users select the forum from the Mambo main menu. Because in our forum there's only one board active, I want my users to jumpstart directly to that board. Please help me out.

Orstio

Copy the URL of the board.

In your Mambo admin panel, add a menu item as "Link - URL". 

Paste the URL into the Link textbox.

Large33

Large33

Quote from: Orstio on November 17, 2004, 04:49:27 AM
Copy the URL of the board.

In your Mambo admin panel, add a menu item as "Link - URL". 

Paste the URL into the Link textbox.

I would like to open the 'forum board' as a 'wrapper component' within Mambo. When I use the 'url-method'  a new window is opened or only the forum is shown. I can't open smf as a wrapper component. Is there no solution possible? For instance by using a parameter in the 'simple machines forum menu component'. There must be more people who would like to connect directly to a specific board from the main menu.

Kindred

Try this:

Add a link - URL, but do not use the fully defined site URL, only use the index.php?... section.

(in other words... something like this should work.... )

index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=48&?board=1.0

and be certain to choose "Parent Windows with Broswer navigation" when you select the Link-URL option.

(just tested it... it works fine on my board)

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Large33

Yeah, thats what I wanted. Thank you very much, KindRed!

Advertisement: