News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF Now Auto-Installed by Fantastico

Started by David, November 19, 2004, 07:42:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdwinK

Quote from: akulion on November 25, 2006, 06:53:21 PM
ops sorry i wrote IPB i meant PHPBB

do u guys think i should ask them to include SMF? maybe they will listen

Fantastico is a product of Cpanel, so it's cpanel who should ad it. But SMF is included in Fantastico for some time now.
|| foto-site ||

Oldiesmann

Quote from: EdwinK on December 02, 2006, 10:57:14 AM
Quote from: akulion on November 25, 2006, 06:53:21 PM
ops sorry i wrote IPB i meant PHPBB

do u guys think i should ask them to include SMF? maybe they will listen

Fantastico is a product of Cpanel, so it's cpanel who should ad it. But SMF is included in Fantastico for some time now.

Fantastico is actually a third-party addon for cPanel, but we are looking into what needs to be done to get it added to the regular Bulletin Boards section of cPanel. Seeing as to how YaBB 2.1 is now available this way, I may email the YaBB developers for advice :)
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

NeFReT

yess yesss yesss

Good !!, Great , Nice

twostars

Quote from: NeFReT on December 03, 2006, 04:48:25 PM
yess yesss yesss

Good !!, Great , Nice
Dude, you copied a mod's post from the first page.

This is awesome news ^_^

RC Storick

I have Fantastico on my server. However I am running SMF 1.0.10. When will version 1.1.1 be available for updating in my SMF control panel. I tried web install and it crashed my site. http://www.stunthanger.com/smf

J. Williams

You mean 1.0.0, you could easily upgrade via the FTP method.
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

JayBachatero

Quote from: J J Williams on December 23, 2006, 04:47:46 PM
You mean 1.0.0, you could easily upgrade via the FTP method.
JJ what you talking about? :P.  It's 1.0.10 and 1.1.1
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

J. Williams

Oh sorry didn't read the announcements :) I really need to read before I write.
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

Ben_S

Quote from: RC Storick on December 23, 2006, 03:10:23 PM
When will version 1.1.1 be available for updating in my SMF control panel.

1.1.1 is already available in fantastico, you may need to ask your host to update their installation.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

buckazznkdntx

Been putting off upgrading due to limited time, but after reading this thread I got all warm and fuzzy. Logged into my Cpanel and clicked one button, and bam I was done with upgrading. Have to say that was the easiest thing I have ever had to do besides maybe my ex-wife....Thanks for pointing this little gem out that was great, took about 3 minutes to do. Worn out know... ;)

Gobo

ive submitted my request to dreamhost to include SMF in their 1-click installs

So any dreamhost customers here should vote for it since decisions are based on how many votes a suggestion gets - all dreamhost customers get 44 credits by default to vote on issues (u can vote a max of 3 credits per suggestion)

Incase you didnt know have a link in your CP under:
HOME >> SUGGESTIONS

currently my suggestion is pending approval to appear on the list, but keep checking and when it appears be sure to vote via ur Control Panel :P so we can have 1 click installs for SMF as well

babjusi

SleePy

Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

sanax

Well... don't know about you but I've been installing SMF via Fantastico since February 2006...

Maniakc

A lot of places have auto installs, but they usually arent the latest version, I checked the one at Godaddy, I didnt know it had an auto one, I just downloaded it here, but the version they have is 1.0 :P

Coldfx

Eh, I've had this in my cPanel for the past few months (Around the time I signed up for my first plan that had a direct cPanel).  Old :P

mram48

hmmm...I just opened an account 3 days ago with fantastico with it and I'm installing by hand? it isn't in there so perhaps I need to tell my host to get over here so I can offer it to MY customers as well.

Advertisement: