SMF Orangie

Started by Gary, November 11, 2007, 10:55:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

Link to the theme

SMF Orangie is a slight deviation from the default template. It uses a gray, black, and orange scheme to accomplish a smooth design.

Template Designer : Multi Talk 2.
Template Sponsor : The Simple Machines Forum Directory

Demonstration
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

fut

nice theme!

you can look an it hxxp:forum.altpo.ru/ [nonactive]

mysticmind

nice theme but sadly..

little bit broken in IE. :(

Black Dragon

Man it must be a very nice theme....!!!The bad thing is that i can install because of the mods i have installed to the default one....and i don't know how to install a mod to a different theme....:(:(
!!SMF RULEZ!!

Nally

I get an error message saying

"The package you tried to upload either is not a valid package or has become corrupted. "

any ideas?

Gary

You dont install via the package manager. You install via the Admin > Themes and Layout section.

Quote from: Black Dragon on November 19, 2007, 02:58:28 PM
Man it must be a very nice theme....!!!The bad thing is that i can install because of the mods i have installed to the default one....and i don't know how to install a mod to a different theme....:(:(
Some mods will remain in effect. Read up on Manually Installing Mods
Gary M. Gadsdon
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

MRM4

The problem I'm having with the theme is some image files are missing. When looking at the topic list, the button for new topics is missing. I have the dreaded red "x". Also, within the replies to each topic, the buttons for quote, edit, etc. are also missing. All those images say there should be an english subdirectory within the images folder (should be images/english/new.gif), but there was not one within the zip file.

Gary

Just upload a copy of new.gif into the theme from the default. I'll get it added into the package ASAP. I forgot about that. :P
Gary M. Gadsdon
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

Gary

Okay, the image has been added, along with English_British support.
Gary M. Gadsdon
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

MRM4

Thanks. That took care of the "new" gif. But what about the buttons within the replies, such as "reply", "quote", etc? They are also missing.

Gary

Hmm... thats not right. It should'nt do that. What version of SMF are you using?
Gary M. Gadsdon
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

MRM4

I am using 1.1.4

When I right-click to see the path, it says they should be images/english/, but the zip file did not have anything in there except for the new.gif you added earlier.

Gary

Thats very peculiar since it uses the same images as the default theme. I'll whip you up a set of orange babylon buttons, though can you link me to your site (and preferably with a test account which you can PM to me).
Gary M. Gadsdon
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

Gary

Okay, here's an orange Babylon set for you to use. The URL you PM'ed me came up 404.
Gary M. Gadsdon
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

MRM4

Thanks a bunch. That took care of it. Nice job on the theme.

MRM4

I have another question about this theme. A second section does not have the orange trim around the heading. Any reason why?

Apllicmz

Stephanie

I like this theme....can i change the logo to a custom logo?? Can I get rid of the smf logo??

I'm new to being admin for a forum so any help is appreciated...

Thanks!
Stephanie

Gary

Yes, you can change the logo. There's a layered Fireworks PNG included in the package. But I forget what I named it. :P It should at least have layer in it's filename, open that, add graphics how you see fit and then just upload it at smflogo.gif.
Gary M. Gadsdon
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

Stephanie

Sorry to be dense here...but where do I find the file? What directory is it in??

Thanks,
Stephanie

Advertisement: