News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Outline

Started by Bikken, November 21, 2007, 12:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinSlig

I have a big space between the top of a reply and the actual reply. How do I fix that? Using FF and the newest version of Outline/SMF 2.0 beta.

Antechinus

Screenshot or link to your site would be handy. Also are you talking about FF2 or FF3?

RobinSlig

It's not just in FF 3, it's in Opera and IE as well.

Antechinus

Shouldn't be any dramas with it because I'm running it on my test site and it's fine (live site still 1.1.7).

Have you made any modifications to the theme?

RobinSlig

We were running great with outline until we changed to a halloween theme for a couple of days. then we changed back to outline and had this:

and, no, I don't have any modifications on it except for the site logo.

Antechinus

Hell, that's a mess. Never seen that before. Have you tried resetting the theme paths in admin? That might sort it.

RobinSlig

:D yes it is! and how would I go about trying to reset them?

Antechinus

Admin >> Themes and Layout >> Theme Settings .......scroll down the page...... >> Attempt to reset all themes.

RobinSlig

I tried like you said and it's still the same.

Antechinus

Have you cleared cache/cookies and hard refreshed your browser (Ctrl+F5)?

RobinSlig

I have, plus the others in my admin team have as well. Maybe it's in the page source?  This is what one co admin sent me:

Antechinus

Nope, they're wrong. That code is fine and in any  case it'd only bollix the menubar if it was wrong. You obviously have a problem with Display.template.php (and maybe some other templates as well).

The thing is that file is called from the default theme. Outline doesn't have it's own file. Is the SMF default theme ok or does it look messed up too?

RobinSlig

Default theme is fine. Is there a way I can let you see the source file?

Antechinus

Wouldn't matter. K, this is very strange. I can see the source code straight off your web page anyway. That's easy. I'll go take a look and see if anything stands out.

Got a link?

Antechinus

I can't see the forum.

RobinSlig

oops,

name: user1
password: Wonka2009

Antechinus

Password incorrect.  :P

Anyway I'm out of time. I'll ask Bikken to take a look.

Bikken

@ RobinSlig

The reason why the theme looks messed up is because you're using a wrong version of Outline. You're using outline2.0b3 which is not compatible with SMF 2.0b4 cause of the many css changes in this beta.

Just download and install the below version and your problem should be fixed.

http://www.dzinerstudio.com/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item65

Antechinus

Advertisement: