Google Member Map

Started by Spuds, December 12, 2007, 01:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

that just means that another mod has already modified to sections of code that this one is looking for. You will have to manually install the mod in those two files.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

TheListener

Kindred

there is a link to the manual install instructions for the various versions of SMF supported by each mod on eahc mod's download page.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

TheListener

the problem is we don't know how to manual install the mods.

Bigguy

Kindred has just told you where the instructions are to do it. All you need now is a good editor and some patience. Trial and error are your friends most of the time. ;)

Babyloniia

Hello, This look like a great mod,

Questions :
Is it Compitable With SMF 2.0 RC1 - Default Theme Core?
If Yes - Do every member need to register somwhere to show up their location on the map? / or it is automatically retrieved by forexample IP adress, so member dont need to do anything. :-)

Thanks.

Kindred

it is not compatible without edits.
no... members must enter their pin at their location, it does not automatically determine location.
Слaва
Украинi

allisondk

listening in...there might be a 2.0 RC1 version of the mod ;-)

brianjw

Quote from: allisondk on May 06, 2009, 03:35:50 AM
listening in...there might be a 2.0 RC1 version of the mod ;-)
Coming soon...

TheListener

Would it be possible to ask if someone could add this to our site for me.

Unfortunately the package had some errors when I went to install the mod.

We are on smf 1.1.8 with simpleportal 2.2 and plan to move to a new theme soon.

Redryder

Quote from: Kindred on April 24, 2009, 07:46:00 PM
I had it sort-of working, but have since backed it out with the newer dev version that I am running.

So, unfortunately, I do not have a working version of this on rc1 at this time.

Thanks for your answer

Quote from: brianjw on April 24, 2009, 10:28:34 PM
I will get to work guys as soon as I can. I might have some time to work on it this weekend but I doubt it will be ready to release at the end of that time. It might take a few weekends but I might be able to pull it off in a few weeks.

Brian,

Do you know how I can change the link on the main map page, the one to place a pin. I want  to have it go to profile page where they can add their pin instead of the summary page.

What URL would I use for this, and where do I go to put it.

That would work for me and my new members for now.

Redryder

I found what I needed

For 2rc1 you need to go into the default theme language file directory

Look for Modifications.english.php or Modifications.english-utf8.php ,if using the English language.

look for:

$txt['googleMapAddPinNote'] = '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=profile;sa=forumProfile#googlemap">Click here to go place your pin if you have not already.</a>';

Replace with :

$txt['googleMapAddPinNote'] = '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=profile;area=forumprofile#googlemap">Click here to go place your pin if you have not already.</a>';

That will fix the link to place your pin on the Member Map page.

brianjw

Yes, I never knew SMF 1.1 and 2.0 had different urls in the profile. Glad you caught that for me. Thank you.
Not sure what the point was for SMF to change that though...

Kindred

I believe a number of changes were made to avoid interference and overlap between other systems that may be bridges with SMF.
Слaва
Украинi

brianjw

Ahh, okay. Well then I have some changes needing to be made in the 2.0 version as well.

oops

This is a great mod 8), we are really enjoying it on our site.  It adds alot to the community feel knowing where each member is.  Thankyou for your efforts  :)

I'm wondering if it is possibble to give members more than one pin.  It would be great if each member could mark the map with several pins with pin colors chosen by admin to denote types of loactions.  Only the main pin need be displayed until the member's name is clicked.

We have a hobby site for remote control vehichles and would like for members to be able to mark locations for events and favorite running spots etc.

K3TK3TK3T

any ETA for when it'll be ready for RC1 brian?

TheListener

Would someone be willing to install this on my forum?

The theme we use is black rain v2 on 1.1.8
with sp 2.2.1

brianjw

Quote from: The_Abhorred on May 16, 2009, 09:05:05 PM
any ETA for when it'll be ready for RC1 brian?
I can't give a firm date, but I can say I have spent quite a few hours on it today and Friday and it is almost done. The reason I can't give a date is because I might get caught up with life not able to finish it.

dfelix

This mod is nice...

But... every new forum member appears automaticaly in Nigeria gulf...

:)

Advertisement: