News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

reCAPTCHA for SMF

Started by 青山 素子, December 28, 2007, 12:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

青山 素子

Make sure the key is correct. I recommend a direct copy/paste. Also, try requesting a new image after the first one loads and see if that helps.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Zepia1

I got it working, I guess i copied an extra space off the keys or something.

unleashedmaniac

I'm having a problem with the installation and I have not seen it discussed in the thread.   I'm pretty new to SMF, so it might be a simple fix.

When I installed reCAPTCHA, it said that it installed ok and when I spot checked the updates in the ManageRegistration.php, Register.php, etc., files, they seem to be correct.

The problem I'm having is that when I got to ADMIN > REGISTRATION > SETTINGS, the section where you enter your public/private keys, none of the form fields are labeled. (See attached photo.)

hxxp:www.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?ed63411157.jpg [nonactive]
Click to enlarge.

Also, I uninstalled reCAPTCHA and installed the "Anti-Spam Verification Questions" mod and got the same thing, just a bunch of form fields, but no labels. (See attached photo.)

hxxp:www.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?184d4aa092.jpg [nonactive]
Click to enlarge.

I'm running SMF 1.1.7 with mod "SMF 1.0.15 / 1.1.7 Update".  Theme style Autumn.

Thanks for the help.

青山 素子

Check the language you are using. You might be using the UTF-8 English files, and the strings might not have been installed.
Motoko-chan

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

vulcan59

Hi Motoko-chan,

Apologies for asking again. Any updates yet? I am still getting the errors I mentioned earlier everytime someone registers. Everything works okay except that I keep getting the same re-captcha errors:

QuoteUndefined index: recaptcha_enabled
File: /mydomain/html/forum/Sources/Register.php
Line: 137
?action=register

青山 素子

Sorry, I haven't found time to make the code updates yet.
Motoko-chan

unleashedmaniac

Quote from: Motoko-chan on November 28, 2008, 02:48:51 PM
Check the language you are using. You might be using the UTF-8 English files, and the strings might not have been installed.

How do I check the languages that I'm using?  I went to Admin > Server Settings > and under Default forum language it just says "English"?

vulcan59

Quote from: Motoko-chan on November 28, 2008, 03:06:45 PM
Sorry, I haven't found time to make the code updates yet.

No worries. Will wait.

Thanks.

青山 素子

unleashedmaniac, do you have more than one language you can select?
Motoko-chan

unleashedmaniac

Quote from: Motoko-chan on November 28, 2008, 03:47:07 PM

Nope, English is the only item in the select box.

cynicle

I'm having the same problem as Zepia1, the reCAPTURE verification box is showing up on the registration screen but no matter how many times I try (I have tried at least 30 individual images) I recieve the error "The letters you typed don't match the letters that were shown in the picture.".

I installed the package (0.9.5.3) everything went smoothly and then manually added your code to register.template.php (as I am not using the defaut theme) and that too seemed to go smoothly.
I enabled reCAPTCHA in the registration settings and copy and pasted my Keys making sure there were no spaces at the beginning or end.

I have looked over it many times and cannot see why I keep getting these problems (I'm guessing either the default image verification check is still functioning or the server is responding with the wrong correct answers for reCAPTURE). Any help would be great!

Thanks

cynicle

I have attached the file Register.template.php which I modified manually.

Blinker

Nice mode, thanks.

Quick question: I've changed the box colour to "black glass" to suit my dark theme. Problem is it only shows the correct colouring in Firefox and Seamonkey. IE still shows the default yellow, red and white box.

Any ideas?

Oh, one more thing - I added your

.recaptchatable input {
color: #ffffff;
}

to my dark theme stylesheet and the text now shows up white in IE (with the default colours) but it's still black (invisible) on the darker black glass colouring in FF and seamonkey.

Any ideas?

~kev~

Great modification, I have it installed on 2 sites.

But on one site, in admin control panel - Registration - settings - all of the Recaptcha lines are blank.  Just like the problem that unleashedmaniac is having.  I have only one langauge file installed and only 2 other modifications.  The install did not report any errors.

cynicle

Got it working with new keys, thanks heaps system is awesome.

unleashedmaniac

Quote from: ~kev~ on December 14, 2008, 08:13:20 PM
Great modification, I have it installed on 2 sites.

But on one site, in admin control panel - Registration - settings - all of the Recaptcha lines are blank.  Just like the problem that unleashedmaniac is having.  I have only one langauge file installed and only 2 other modifications.  The install did not report any errors.

Kev, I still have not found a resolution to my problem either. 

PeeaichpeeBB

Quote from: karlbenson on December 29, 2007, 10:02:18 AM
your helping to digitise books.

When scanning book and trying to use OCR, it is very imperfect and makes tonnes of mistakes.
So reCaptcha are using humans to translate what the letters are, as a byproduct of passing a validation test.

?? that makes no sense at all, besides, the procedure will be so noisy, there will be tons of errors to sift through

farzad

Quote from: unleashedmaniac on November 28, 2008, 04:15:58 PM
Quote from: Motoko-chan on November 28, 2008, 03:47:07 PM

Nope, English is the only item in the select box.

when i changed my language to English or English-UTF8 this fixed my installation problem.  just fyi.

I had to chmod Settings.php to 777 - change the language then chmod Settings.php back to 755

hope this helps

~kev~

I got the problem fixed.  I reverted back to the default template, the recaptcha settings where then visible.  Made the changes I needed, then reverted back to the custom template.  And everything worked.

gianko82

Hi,
First of All, thanks for this mod, I think it's I need to front the always increasin number of spambotswhich are resistering to my forum. Unfortunately I haven't tried it yet because of an installation error in Register.template.php.
Maybe some ather MOD that I have already installed? But I don't think that the Mods That I have can affect the Register template.
there's my register template file, can you help me? thanks

Advertisement: