News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

reCAPTCHA for SMF

Started by 青山 素子, December 28, 2007, 12:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoKoOLz

Hi,

Thank you for making this mod.
However, Ive been having been getting some issues after installing this mod.

It seems all the installation process was fine, but after I've finished the installation, I will only see the sections of the mod inside the admin page but i don't see al the text and captions of the mod.

Type     Action     Description
1.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManageRegistration.php    Test successful
2.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Register.php    Test successful
3.    Execute Modification    .\Themes\default/Register.template.php    Test successful
4.    Execute Modification    .\Themes\default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
5.    Execute Modification    .\Themes\default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php    Test successful
6.    Execute Modification    .\Themes\default/languages/Modifications.english_british.php    Skipping file
7.    Execute Modification    .\Themes\default/languages/Modifications.english_british-utf8.php    Skipping file
8.    Extract File    ./Sources/recaptchalib.php    

This is how it looks like:

Please help.

青山 素子

Try checking Modifications.English.php and see if the language strings are below the ?>. If they are, move them above that. Short of that, try switching to plain English from English-UTF8 (although the mod should handle that language).
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

SoKoOLz

Quote from: Motoko-chan on January 16, 2009, 10:13:27 PM
Try checking Modifications.English.php and see if the language strings are below the ?>. If they are, move them above that. Short of that, try switching to plain English from English-UTF8 (although the mod should handle that language).
First of all, Thanks for the quick reply.
I have looked into the file you mentioned, everything seems to be ok (all above ?>).

So then I've tried chaing the default language to English-UTF-8 and it seems to be working after that, but all my other mods will not display the caption and text.
So now I copy all the contents in Modification.English to Modification.English-utf-8 instead and every seems to be working perfectly.

I just don't know why it is so hard to install the mod on my board, I've been getting a lot of this problems before.

Thanks very much.

Mraza

oh man when i download this it contain only one file names changlog    what i am missing
Signature:
Old Software Engineers Never Dies, They Just Log Out...
! ! ! ! ! 5 Best Movies Thread ! ! ! ! !

青山 素子

Quote from: mraza on January 22, 2009, 04:52:37 PM
oh man when i download this it contain only one file names changlog    what i am missing

Sounds like your download broke partway through. Try downloading again using a different browser or computer.
Motoko-chan

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Mraza

Quote from: Motoko-chan on January 22, 2009, 06:57:20 PM

Sounds like your download broke partway through. Try downloading again using a different browser or computer.

thanks man i just downloaded with other browser and manually installed where were you before.....many thanks ;)
Signature:
Old Software Engineers Never Dies, They Just Log Out...
! ! ! ! ! 5 Best Movies Thread ! ! ! ! !

happyfeet

I found this mod to be one of the best add-ins for SMF. Great Job!

I am using the Custom Forms mod for a membership application form. As I allow unregistered guests to complete the form, I am beginning to be plagued with spambots. I am curious if reCaptcha can be added to my custom form? If so, how?

Link to Custom Form mod:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=248871.0

Link to reCaptcha PHP page:

http://recaptcha.net/plugins/php [nofollow]

I have posted the same question in the Custom Form mod, but figured I would ask here as well. Any help is greatly appreciated :)

青山 素子

The best option would be to look at how it is added to the search code and template pages (as there were no checks on it in 1.1) and follow similarly for your custom form.
Motoko-chan

agentok

hello when will there be an update for rc1??

青山 素子

As soon as I have a chance to see what needs to be done. Try installing with the package manager faking that it is beta 4. If that works, then you are fine. If it doesn't work, you'll need to wait until I get a chance to update, or you go about that yourself.
Motoko-chan

mmka2

Its not working on 1.1.8 - writing - could not open socket
Help!!!

青山 素子

Where are you seeing that message? During install? On what should be the display? On completing everything and submitting the form?
Motoko-chan

mmka2

Everything working in install....
but when i want to register... i write 20-30 times... 100% correctly and every time i saw white page where were writing: Could not open socket.
When i return captcha to standart - its working....

青山 素子

Because of the way reCAPTCHA works (it's an external service), it requires that the fsockopen() function can be used to talk to the service. If your host has disabled the function, or your webserver cannot communicate with the reCAPTCHA API server (api.recaptcha.net), then you'll see that error.

Basically, you'll need to check with your host and find out if they have disabled fsockopen().

Edit: Thinking about it, if the host has disabled that function but somehow allows cURL functions (and has that module enabled - so, maybe a 0.0001% chance of that being the case), the calls could be rewritten with that in mind. However, that would require rewriting some parts of the recaptchalib.php file - likely not a minor edit.
Motoko-chan

mmka2

Thanks for explanation...

mmka2

One more question....
Is it working on 2.0 RC1?
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1044
there no 2.0 RC1 (only beta 4)

青山 素子

Yes, it will work. In the package listing, follow the "Advanced" link and change the RC1 to "Beta 4".. You can then install without issues.

I'll have packages that will install directly up soon, but the method above has been tested and works fine.
Motoko-chan

mmka2

I ll wait for mod that install without "anything to do"... ;)

forace

I have only one comment about install script:

core.xml on line 70-72 searches for:

}

// Are there age restrictions in place?

in Register.template.php however i have installed  Anti-bot Registration Puzzles Mod which put itself between "}" and comment.

My question is: isn't it better to relay on some code before "}" ?

For example:

<a href="', $context['verificiation_image_href'], ';sound" onclick="return reqWin(this.href, 400, 120);">', $txt['visual_verification_sound'], '</a> | <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=register" onclick="refreshImages(); return false;">', $txt['visual_verification_request_new'], '</a>

That is the end of

"if ($context['use_graphic_library'])"

in register.template so if i understood mode properly this "}" should come at the end of that block ?

Sory for my bad english.

HR

Im using Beta4 and just had the same issue crop up undefined index recaptcha_challenge_field but there are no such entriews in the lang files.

I can explain this as simply as possible.. If I do it & implement I guarantee it.
If I do it and you implement it its a crap shoot.

Advertisement: