News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

reCAPTCHA for SMF

Started by 青山 素子, December 28, 2007, 12:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miranon

Quote from: Motoko-chan on October 04, 2009, 02:08:28 PM
Sorry, I don't really have time to troubleshoot code outside the scope of this modification. If you just want something that will add a verification on guest activities, check out Visual Verification Options.

The problem is that the default visual verification system doesn't work on my forum. So I'm searching for an alternative now for guest posting and sending pm's.

Maybe someone else can help?

青山 素子

Quote from: miranon on October 04, 2009, 03:06:03 PM
The problem is that the default visual verification system doesn't work on my forum.

Link to your site, please.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Mayhem30

I have a small issue with this mod.

It appears you don't have to be 100% accurate when entering in the verification letters.

It showed me : humble sharp

I entered in : humble shape

And it accepted it as the right words and continued with registration. Is this normal?

青山 素子

Quote from: Mayhem30 on October 15, 2009, 02:11:04 PM
It appears you don't have to be 100% accurate when entering in the verification letters.

It showed me : humble sharp

I entered in : humble shape

And it accepted it as the right words and continued with registration. Is this normal?

Yes, it can be. Likely, humble was the test word. For more, read up on how the ReCaptcha system works.
Motoko-chan

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Anarchology

Hi,

I've got a somewhat related question about using reCaptcha on SMF forums, but instead of on the Registration page, the reCaptcha to only show up for Guest posting. I've been working with the reCaptcha trying to properly incorporate it into the post page, but running into some road blocks.

Apologies for cross-thread posting, but its probably easier than copy pasting all of my toying with this idea...
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=340832.0

I'm wondering if the Mod creator can maybe shed some incite. Also, this might be an idea for either an addon to this current mod or a completely new one! ;D

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

I believe it should, all the settings related to the default SMF captcha screen apply to the reCAPTCHA now :)

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

青山 素子

Quote from: Anarchology on October 22, 2009, 04:53:45 PM
I've got a somewhat related question about using reCaptcha on SMF forums, but instead of on the Registration page, the reCaptcha to only show up for Guest posting. I've been working with the reCaptcha trying to properly incorporate it into the post page, but running into some road blocks.

This functionality exists in SMF 2.0. This modification only replaces the default SMF Image Verification where it displays by default. Since IV isn't in the post or search forms in the 1.1 code, this modification won't show up there.

I'm wondering if the Mod creator can maybe shed some incite. Also, this might be an idea for either an addon to this current mod or a completely new one! ;D

If you are using the SMF 1.1 branch, look at Visual Verification Options, which integrates the default SMF Image Verification into guest posts and searches. I have thought about a modification that will extend that to support this mod, but haven't had the time.
Motoko-chan

Mayhem30

There is nothing to indicate to the users that they have to enter the 2 words above to complete the registration.

Could you please advice me how to add this in?

Srinib

i have a question regarding this mod.
this captcha verification appears only at the time of registration or also while posting and replying for a post?

Mayhem30

I'm using the mod and it only shows on registration.

青山 素子

Quote from: Srinib on October 31, 2009, 03:24:47 PM
i have a question regarding this mod.
this captcha verification appears only at the time of registration or also while posting and replying for a post?

Quote from: Mayhem30 on October 31, 2009, 09:56:58 PM
I'm using the mod and it only shows on registration.

Please read at least the last few posts before posting. I answered those questions right above you:

Quote from: Motoko-chan on October 22, 2009, 06:54:22 PM

This functionality exists in SMF 2.0. This modification only replaces the default SMF Image Verification where it displays by default. Since IV isn't in the post or search forms in the 1.1 code, this modification won't show up there.

If you are using the SMF 1.1 branch, look at Visual Verification Options, which integrates the default SMF Image Verification into guest posts and searches. I have thought about a modification that will extend that to support this mod, but haven't had the time.
Motoko-chan

smartmouse

Does this plugin still work?
Today i discover it stopped to work because i can't write in the captcha box.
Please check it...

青山 素子

Yes, it should still work for the versions of SMF it has been tested with.
Motoko-chan

smartmouse

Quote from: Motoko-chan on November 09, 2009, 12:07:37 PM
Yes, it should still work for the versions of SMF it has been tested with.

Thank you for your reply! Please can you check it on my site?
http://www.mo*eywa*tersforum.com/index.php?action=register

* = n

青山 素子

I see it showing just fine. The text is there, but it's the same color as the background. Using a different reCAPTCHA theme might solve it. There is also a solution posted earlier in this topic to fix the input textbox color.
Motoko-chan

smartmouse

Quote from: Motoko-chan on November 10, 2009, 01:42:23 PM
I see it showing just fine. The text is there, but it's the same color as the background. Using a different reCAPTCHA theme might solve it. There is also a solution posted earlier in this topic to fix the input textbox color.

Do you mean this solution?
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=213535.msg2222899#msg2222899

PS: How to change reCAPTCHA theme?

青山 素子

Motoko-chan

king kratos

Any chance you are working on updating this for RC2? I love this mod and it is much better than the built in system.

Kratos

青山 素子

I'm in a bit of a busy period right now, but I do plan to update things as soon as I can.

There is a chance it might work if you emulate versions as it doesn't change any template files in 2.0.
Motoko-chan

king kratos

Well, I don't see the version emulator in my packages section anymore. If I were to manually install this, it could possible work? I haven't looked at what files it changes.

*Kratos thinks that he should probably go look at the code before sticking his foot in his mouth.....

I'll check that out and see what happens.

Kratos

Advertisement: