News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

reCAPTCHA for SMF

Started by 青山 素子, December 28, 2007, 12:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

king kratos

I got it set up and it works great! Here are some changes that need to be made to the package to make the package manager work properly:
First: The third line of this code does not exist in RC2 so, just remove the third line and it will work.
./Sources/ManageSettings.php

// Clever Thomas, who is looking sheepy now? Not I, the mighty sword swinger did say. array('title', 'setup_verification_questions'), array('title', 'setup_verification_questions_desc', 'class' => 'windowbg'),

Remove third line to look like this:

// Clever Thomas, who is looking sheepy now? Not I, the mighty sword swinger did say. array('title', 'setup_verification_questions'),

Second: This line has additional code added to it, so the second code I post for this is what needs to be used.
./Themes/default/GenericControls.template.php

<input type="text" name="', $verify_id, '_vv[code]" value="', !empty($verify_context['text_value']) ? $verify_context['text_value'] : '', '" size="30" tabindex="', $context['tabindex']++, '" /> </div>';

This is what needs to be used to find the correct spot to place the correct code:

<input type="text" name="', $verify_id, '_vv[code]" value="', !empty($verify_context['text_value']) ? $verify_context['text_value'] : '', '" size="30" tabindex="', $context['tabindex']++, '" class="input_text" />
</div>';

Everything else worked properly for the "find" and "replace/add before/add after". The only thing that is not working properly is the alignment of the reCaptcha box on all pages except the custom form mod. It is aligned left instead of centered. It shows up centered on the custom form mod. I have attached three screen shots to show you this. The first is on the registration page, and the second is on the custom form mod (for guests), and the third is on the search page (for guests).

If you could give me some pointers about the alignment of the box, I would be very appreciative. I have looked, but just cannot seem to figure it out.

Thank you,
Kratos

smartmouse

Quote from: smartmouse on November 10, 2009, 04:16:29 PMPS: How to change reCAPTCHA theme?
Same page where you enter the keys.
I found it... but it did not work with my dark theme :(

Quote from: smartmouse on November 10, 2009, 04:16:29 PMDo you mean this solution?
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=213535.msg2222899#msg2222899
Yes. That should still work.
It worked! Thank you!

Aoife

Is this  being updated for SMF 2.0 RC2?

青山 素子

Please at least read the last page or two before asking your question, I might have already answered it:

Quote from: Motoko-chan on November 11, 2009, 02:27:26 AM
I'm in a bit of a busy period right now, but I do plan to update things as soon as I can.

There is a chance it might work if you emulate versions as it doesn't change any template files in 2.0.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

vbgamer45

Thanks for the mod! This is one of the mods that I can't live without and use it on all my sites
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

青山 素子

Quote from: king kratos on November 11, 2009, 03:28:39 AM
The only thing that is not working properly is the alignment of the reCaptcha box on all pages except the custom form mod. It is aligned left instead of centered. It shows up centered on the custom form mod. I have attached three screen shots to show you this. The first is on the registration page, and the second is on the custom form mod (for guests), and the third is on the search page (for guests).

If you could give me some pointers about the alignment of the box, I would be very appreciative. I have looked, but just cannot seem to figure it out.

Thank you,
Kratos

To match the centered verification image, add the following at the end of css/index.css:

/* Make the reCAPTCHA dialog centered to match the positioning of the built-in verification */
.centertext #recaptcha_table
{
margin: 0 auto !important;
}

I'm working on updating to RC2 right now, and that will be included in the updated pack when it is uploaded.
Motoko-chan

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

PalmBeachPreps

QuoteI'm working on updating to RC2 right now, and that will be included in the updated pack when it is uploaded.
Great to hear, I can't wait to get this up and running on my forum again!

青山 素子

2.0 RC2 compatible version is now posted. Updated for Curve and dropped support for older 2.0 versions. No other changes made.
Motoko-chan

dr.wills

I think reCaptcha is the absolute protection from spammer, isn't it?

Does anyone know any incident that recaptcha fails to protect?

I think you should put it as a default feature in smf ;)
http://movies-on-mediafire.com

Never dying collection of high definition mediafire movies link

青山 素子

There are Indian (the country) shops where low-paid workers crack these things (full API for spambots to use), so it's not perfect protection. If you are a small site, you are probably under the radar, but higher-profile sites are still in danger. When one can buy several thousand completely accurate solutions for a few dollars, it's really economical to bypass this type of hurdle.

reCAPTCHA will probably never be in by default because it is an external service. The developers try to keep SMF from depending on outside services, something I agree with.
Motoko-chan

PalmBeachPreps

Thank you.  Effortless install!

Mystiquo

can i change the word "Type the two word" in Italian version? how can i do insert line middle in the word for up difficulty?
Thanks

青山 素子

Quote from: Mystiquo on November 15, 2009, 04:41:11 AM
can i change the word "Type the two word" in Italian version? how can i do insert line middle in the word for up difficulty?
Thanks

reCAPTCHA doesn't support Italian currently. You'd need to do a whole custom reCAPTCHA theme to add your own language strings.

You can't put any lines in the image, it's served from an external service.
Motoko-chan

Mystiquo

how can i do insert line middle in the word for up difficulty?

king kratos

Quote from: Mystiquo on November 15, 2009, 12:59:07 PM

Quote from: Motoko-chan on November 15, 2009, 12:26:52 PM
Quote from: Mystiquo on November 15, 2009, 04:41:11 AM
Thanks

reCAPTCHA doesn't support Italian currently. You'd need to do a whole custom reCAPTCHA theme to add your own language strings.

You can't put any lines in the image, it's served from an external service.

青山 素子

Quote from: Mystiquo on November 15, 2009, 12:59:07 PM

Not possible. It's a service and generated automatically.
Motoko-chan

Mystiquo

ok thanks for all scuse me, but im not speak english first i don't understand very well
but how can i do whole custom reCAPTCHA theme ?       
but it is also possible that I put only Italian words?
I will have the line in words randomly or never?

青山 素子

Quote from: Mystiquo on November 15, 2009, 05:31:38 PM
but how can i do whole custom reCAPTCHA theme ?       

http://recaptcha.net/apidocs/captcha/client.html

Read sections "Look & Feel Customization" and "Custom Theming".

but it is also possible that I put only Italian words?

Languages other than what the service supports must use a custom theme. All reCAPTCHA challenge words will be English or used in an English-language book.

I will have the line in words randomly or never?

It depends on what the service does.
Motoko-chan

id820

hey great mod, but i cant see the mod options on adm pannel, im using a custom theme, called loner, i tried uploading the defualt/language/modifications to the loner languages folder but still not working, can anyone help me please? thanks

Beagleboys

Italian translation:
(insert this code in modification.italian.php in the theme/language directory before the "?>" code)

//reCAPTCHA for SMF
$txt['recaptcha_configure'] = 'Sistema di Verifica reCAPTCHA';
$txt['recaptcha_configure_desc'] = 'Usa il sistema di verifica reCAPTCHA. Non hai una chiave per reCAPTCHA? <a href="http://recaptcha.net/api/getkey?app=recaptcha_for_smf"> Ottieni qui la tua chiave reCAPTCHA!</a>.';
$txt['recaptcha_enabled'] = 'Usa il sistema di verifica reCAPTCHA';
$txt['recaptcha_enable_desc'] = '(Questo sostituiirà il tuo sistema di verifica con reCAPTCHA)';
$txt['recaptcha_theme'] = 'Tema reCAPTCHA';
$txt['recaptcha_theme_clean'] = 'Clean';
$txt['recaptcha_theme_blackglass'] = 'Black Glass';
$txt['recaptcha_theme_red'] = 'Red';
$txt['recaptcha_theme_white'] = 'White';
$txt['recaptcha_public_key'] = 'reCAPTCHA Public Key';
$txt['recaptcha_private_key'] = 'reCAPTCHA Private Key';
$txt['recaptcha_no_key_question'] = 'Non hai una chiave per reCAPTCHA?';
$txt['recaptcha_get_key'] = 'Ottieni qui la tua chiave reCAPTCHA!';

just a question to the author: is possible to translate also the captcha module itself? i mean:
when it says: "insert two words here:"
i need it to say: "scrivi qui le due parole:"

Advertisement: