reCAPTCHA for SMF

Started by 青山 素子, December 28, 2007, 12:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

青山 素子

The newest version supports 2.0 RC3. It will also probably support RC2, but I can't guarantee this. You should upgrade to RC3 anyway because of numerous security issues that were fixed.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Tasoli

Greetings,

I am trying to install this mod and am getting the error

"3.     Execute Modification     ./Themes/default/Register.template.php     Test failed"

Any ideas what would cause this? Maybe another mod? Here are my forum details:

Version Information:
Forum version: SMF 1.1.11 (more detailed)
Current SMF version: SMF 1.1.11
PHP version: 5.2.8
MySQL version: 5.0.67.d7-ourdelta-log
Server version: Apache
GD version: bundled (2.0.34 compatible)

and here is a list of my installed mods (just in case it is known that one doesn't work with this one, I scanned this topic and didn't see one but maybe one of you knows of one from personal experience)

1.     Custom Copyright     1.2     [ Uninstall ]
2.    Redirection Boards    2.01    [ Uninstall ]
3.    Auto Merge Double Post    1.3    [ Uninstall ]
4.    Google Analytics Code    1.1    [ Uninstall ]
5.    Admin Ban Button in Post    1.1    [ Uninstall ]
6.    Ip to Country    1.3    [ Uninstall ]
7.    Book of Unknown Action    1.0    [ Uninstall ]
8.    Board Viewers Mod    1.2    [ Uninstall ]
9.    New In Topic View    1.1    [ Uninstall ]
10.    Maximum RSS News    1.0    [ Uninstall ]
11.    Ban List    2.0    [ Uninstall ]
12.    SMF Staff Page    1.7    [ Uninstall ]
13.    Aeva Media    1.1b    [ Uninstall ]
14.    Anti-Spam Verification Questions    1.02    [ Uninstall ]
15.    Stop Spammer    2.3.7    [ Uninstall ]
16.    Spam Me Not Mod    1.02    [ Uninstall ]
17.    Pretty URLs    1.0    [ Uninstall ]
18.    Color And BgColor BBCode Bar    3.3.1    [ Uninstall ]
19.    dQuoteSelection    2.4    [ Uninstall ]
20.    Spoiler Tag    0.7.2    [ Uninstall ]
21.    Tagging System    2.2.1    [ Uninstall ]
22.    Message index like vbulletin    0.1    [ Uninstall ]
23.    Akismet Spam Blocking    1.2 Beta 2    [ Uninstall ]
24.    Anti Bot: Captcha Clock    2.2    [ Uninstall ]

Thank you in advance,
Tasoli

青山 素子

It's probably one of the other modifications, most likely Anti-Spam Verification Questions as it would modify the registration template as well. You'll need to apply that part manually if you want to install this modification.
Motoko-chan

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Meister GN006

I have no experience with php, but it has fallen on me to keep our gaming website up and running. I got sick and tired of having to manually approve each and every account via admin account due to all the spam we were getting so I made the move from phpbb3 to SMF and immediately tried to get ReCaptcha working immediately. This works just dandy with the default forum theme, but unfortunately its not even close to our website theme. I tried to make the font small so I didnt have a giant post with all the errors I'm getting. Any help would be greatly appreciated after scouring these boards for the last 2 hours I haven't found anything remotely helpful.

My Registration --> Settings --> ReCaptcha area looks exactly like chluaid's window in reply #308 back on 02/15/2010. Like him I am only using english & not english-utf8 file.

Undefined index: recaptcha_get_key
File: /home/username/public_html/forums/Themes/wow-dk119v1/Register.template.php (admin_settings sub template - eval?)
Line: 699

Undefined index: recaptcha_no_key_question
File: /home/username/public_html/forums/Themes/wow-dk119v1/Register.template.php (admin_settings sub template - eval?)
Line: 699

Undefined index: recaptcha_private_key
Line: 692

Undefined index: recaptcha_public_key
Line: 685

Undefined index: recaptcha_theme_white
Line: 680

Undefined index: recaptcha_theme_red
Line: 679

Undefined index: recaptcha_theme_blackglass
Line: 678

Undefined index: recaptcha_theme_clean
Line: 677

Undefined index: recaptcha_theme
Line: 673

Undefined index: recaptcha_enabled
Line: 666

Tasoli

Quote from: Motoko-chan on April 20, 2010, 06:01:55 PM
It's probably one of the other modifications, most likely Anti-Spam Verification Questions as it would modify the registration template as well. You'll need to apply that part manually if you want to install this modification.

Thanks for your quick reply. If I were to uninstall all other mods I have that modify the registration template, do you think that my problem would go away? I don't use those mods anyways as they don't look good.

Kob Ob Ob

Hi,

I just installed this mod, everything look good and work perfectly with Google Chrome and FireFox. But with IE, I've got the Error. The recaptcha theme could not work and no input box for recaptcha, I have to click on get new word to get the new word and input box will show. The IE say this error

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; InfoPath.1; OfficeLiveConnector.1.3; OfficeLivePatch.0.0; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; yie8)
Timestamp: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 02:16:01 UTC

Line: 182
Char: 8
Code: 0
URI: http://www.aaaaaaaaaa.com/forum/index.php?action=register [nofollow]

Message: 'document.forms.creator.regSubmit' is null or not an object
Line: 128
Char: 3
Code: 0
URI: http://www.marchlover.com/forum/index.php?action=register [nofollow]

Thank,

青山 素子

Quote from: benoeb on April 20, 2010, 06:47:50 PM
This works just dandy with the default forum theme, but unfortunately its not even close to our website theme. I tried to make the font small so I didnt have a giant post with all the errors I'm getting. Any help would be greatly appreciated after scouring these boards for the last 2 hours I haven't found anything remotely helpful.

Assuming you are using 1.1 series. If you are using 2.0, then please let me know.

If your custom theme has a different registration remplate, You'll need to apply the changes to your theme manually.

Quote from: Tasoli on April 20, 2010, 09:22:24 PM
Thanks for your quick reply. If I were to uninstall all other mods I have that modify the registration template, do you think that my problem would go away? I don't use those mods anyways as they don't look good.

Yes, that is very likely.

Quote from: Kob Ob Ob on April 20, 2010, 11:14:45 PM
I just installed this mod, everything look good and work perfectly with Google Chrome and FireFox. But with IE, I've got the Error. The recaptcha theme could not work and no input box for recaptcha, I have to click on get new word to get the new word and input box will show.

It looks like you are using a custom theme. Does it work with the default SMF theme?
Motoko-chan

Meister GN006

Quote from: Motoko-chan on April 21, 2010, 03:08:46 AM
Assuming you are using 1.1 series. If you are using 2.0, then please let me know.

If your custom theme has a different registration remplate, You'll need to apply the changes to your theme manually.
My apologies for not specifying, Yes our forums are running 1.1.11 for SMF. I really dont have any skills with PHP, I was more less the guy who had to keep our site up and running once the previous guy flaked out and decided he was bored. Could you point me to any place that I might gain the knowledge I'll need to edit this theme and get it working properly with ReCaptcha?

sight|i|picture

Looks like the reCaptcha site is down for maintenance : https://admin.recaptcha.net/recaptcha/sites/
sightpicture

nax

reCaptcha has been taken over by Google you may need to migrate your sites go to https://admin.recaptcha.net/recaptcha/sites/

pointalk

When type wrong word and click Back, but two words are still in table.
How to fix?

青山 素子

That's a browser thing, not an easy way to fix without adding extra stuff I'd rather not play with.
Motoko-chan

societyofrobots

Just an FYI, the spammers have gotten around the reCAPTCHA like 6 months ago. Its obvious they are using automated tools to do all the registration work, and a human to solve the CAPTCHA as the last step.

I think something needs to be done to reCAPTCHA to slow them down and make it not worth their time . . . like a 10 second timer that counts down before letters are displayed or something.

Arantor

Quote from: societyofrobots on May 04, 2010, 09:49:59 AM
Just an FYI, the spammers have gotten around the reCAPTCHA like 6 months ago. Its obvious they are using automated tools to do all the registration work, and a human to solve the CAPTCHA as the last step.

I think something needs to be done to reCAPTCHA to slow them down and make it not worth their time . . . like a 10 second timer that counts down before letters are displayed or something.

I think you'd have to take that up with Google, to be honest, as the new owners of reCAPTCHA.

青山 素子

Quote from: Arantor on May 04, 2010, 09:51:00 AM

I think you'd have to take that up with Google, to be honest, as the new owners of reCAPTCHA.

Correct, there's not much I can control on that side.
Motoko-chan

societyofrobots

Quote from: Arantor on May 04, 2010, 09:51:00 AM

hmmmm fat chance on that one . . . a fourth of all spam accounts I get use a gmail address . . .

Arantor

*shrug*

Fact remains that Google now own reCAPTCHA and it's not in their interest to have too much spam on it because they're the ones who have to cope with the load.

Bugo

MegaByte

So I have a huge amount of what appears to be bots registering accounts on my forums.  The almost never post anything, just leave links in their signatures (which I've blocked).  But I'd like to block the registrations in the first place, so I tried using this mod.  However, it seems that you can still request the old captcha and respond resulting in a successful registration, bypassing the mod (and if you try to disable the regular verification, it disables the mod as well).  Can the mod disable the built-in system?

~DS~

Moto, just got this in the error logs.

8: Undefined index: recaptcha_enabled
File: /home/******/public_html/forum.com/Themes/default/GenericControls.template.php
Line: 350
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

Advertisement: