News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

reCAPTCHA for SMF

Started by 青山 素子, December 28, 2007, 12:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: Calumks on July 29, 2010, 03:55:21 PM
I was testing it out, and I found that you didn't have to get if completely correct. If you got the od letter wrong it would sell let you register. Is that meant to happen??
As a matter of fact yes, it is supposed to happen, that's how reCAPTCHA works, it does not expect perfection every time, we're only human lol

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

青山 素子

Actually, kinda.

The reCAPTCHA system relies on a known and unknown word. You don't know which is which. You must get the known word correct. You can type the wrong thing for the unknown word and it will still pass you. In your case, you probably made the typo on the unknown word.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

kaamaru

Thanks, I'll start using it on my forum. I just wanted to check.

kaamaru

How can I disable reCAPTCHA on certain themes and have the smf default??

In simple Portal you can do:

$no_portal_themes = array(16);

if (
in_array($settings['theme_id'], $no_portal_themes))

$blocks array_merge(getBlockInfo(2nulltruetrue), $blocks getBlockInfo(3nulltruetrue));

else

$blocks getBlockInfo(nullnulltruetrue);

The theme with the id 16 wouldn't get the portal.

Thanks!

青山 素子

It would require custom code. For SMF 2.0, reCAPTCHA replaces the normal image verification if you enable it and it's part of the global anti-spam settings.
Motoko-chan

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

kaamaru

Quote from: 青山 素子 on July 30, 2010, 11:53:24 AM
It would require custom code. For SMF 2.0, reCAPTCHA replaces the normal image verification if you enable it and it's part of the global anti-spam settings.

Do you know of any custom code to do this?

GohighVoltage

Question I hope there is a good solution for,

When registering, and you enter the wrong words,   it says:

The letters you typed don't match the letters that were shown in the picture.

Back

I click back and I get a Webpage has expired message.

What is causing this and how can I fix?

GohighVoltage

Also,   on the registration page with the recaptcha,  I get a page error, see attached photo.    When I don't use recaptcha, this error isn't there.   Any ideas on how to fix?  bug?

青山 素子

Quote from: Calumks on July 30, 2010, 12:20:18 PM
Do you know of any custom code to do this?

Nothing existing, and I don't have time to write something.

Quote from: GohighVoltage on July 30, 2010, 05:00:01 PM
Question I hope there is a good solution for,

When registering, and you enter the wrong words,   it says:

The letters you typed don't match the letters that were shown in the picture.

Back

I click back and I get a Webpage has expired message.

What is causing this and how can I fix?

Based on a quick search, it's an issue with IE and going "back" to pages that were created based on form input, specifically post variables. I am not sure why it would show this on the main SMF registration page and it is just a direct static page.

Quote from: GohighVoltage on July 30, 2010, 05:30:56 PM
Also,   on the registration page with the recaptcha,  I get a page error, see attached photo.    When I don't use recaptcha, this error isn't there.   Any ideas on how to fix?  bug?

Possibly an issue with some changes on the reCAPTCHA side of things. They provide javascript code that is parsed to create the widget. I'm not sure if that is anything I can fix.

Also, please don't double-post. If you need to make an addition, edit your previous post.
Motoko-chan

Shasta

Hello, I'm using your mod on SMF 2.0 RC3 and on of my users pointed out that guests cannot search as they get stuck in an endless loop. The error message printed is "Please enter the verification code below to continue to the results." no matter what is put into the field, correct or not. The search works properly for guests when I use the default captcha. Any fix or workaround would be great. Thanks.

KensonPlays

Thanks! I installed for guests mainly (I allow posting topics, but a mod has to approve new guest topics but posting to any topic is free)

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

Xarcell

This part from your instructions is wrong.

QuoteHow to Use
----------
You can enable reCAPTCHA by going to:
Admin -> Registration -> Settings

It's actually: Administration Center » Security and Moderation » Anti-Spam

青山 素子

Quote from: Xarcell on August 03, 2010, 03:36:13 AM
This part from your instructions is wrong.

Ignore the first post in this topic, it's old. The correct info is on the modification page and the readme presented at install time.
Motoko-chan

vich

Quote from: MegaByte on May 31, 2010, 12:14:29 AM
For the moment, I've just blocked the captcha request URL at the HTTP server level, which seems to be a sufficient work-around.

MegaByte,

I think I'm having the same problem: Continued spam registrations despite installing ReCaptcha. Can you please share the path of the CAPTCHA request URL?

Thank you!

Vic

青山 素子

Just saw this come across the feed reader. I highly recommend looking at using the security questions feature of SMF2 (or the mod for 1.1) in addition to reCAPTCHA.

ReCAPTCHA.net Now Vulnerable to Algorithmic Attack - Slashdot
Motoko-chan

Ryan2320

Support for 2.0 RC4?

(My guess is that it should has it was for 2.0RC3)

Thanks Ryan

青山 素子

Eventually. Given it was released today and I work full time and am currently dealing with some big real-life family issues (and have been for the past three months, and probably will for at least the next six), it's not going to happen tonight.

I'll get to it as soon as I have time. If there weren't major changes in the areas this modification uses, you can probably just emulate RC3 to install. Do not install if the tests fail.
Motoko-chan

Ryan2320

Hey take your time,
No rush.. Family is imporant..and I wish you luck

Just wanted to know if you were going to continue to support it with RC4.

Thanks for the reply and your continued support for this mod

Ryan

Kurakama

take your time 青山 素子 ^^

this is a great mod :D

Apllicmz

whem Update dont forget portuguese

attach

Advertisement: