News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

reCAPTCHA for SMF

Started by 青山 素子, December 28, 2007, 12:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiery

I hope the mod author doesnt mind... I have attached a version that works with RC4.  All I did was change the package-info.xml file and it works great on my site.

青山 素子

I usually do mind, but I'll let this one go for now. I will not, however, provide support for it.

What's so difficult with using the emulation field? It's built in to 2.0 now, so there should be fewer excuses.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Baloch

is it compatible with SMF 2.0 RC4?

Spoogs

Umm... read the 2 posts above yours.

青山 素子

If you use the version emulation feature, yes. You can also use the package attached a few posts above, but I will not offer support for that.
Motoko-chan

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

GohighVoltage

This mod is one of the best.   I have installed it on RC4 with emulation mode with no problems.   I do not think it is respectable to modify someone else's work.  Please don't do that.   

Also,
I will keep you and your family in my prayers.  I hope all is ok.  Thank you for such a great mod.

Fiery

Quote from: GohighVoltage on November 05, 2010, 09:59:30 AM
This mod is one of the best.   I have installed it on RC4 with emulation mode with no problems.   I do not think it is respectable to modify someone else's work.  Please don't do that.   

I changed a 3 to a 4.  I did not modify his work any more than someone installing a module on a non-standard theme or what not.  I also did not rebrand it as my own work etc.  I dont need to be lectured.  Thanks though ;)

GohighVoltage

No lecturing.  It's all good bud.

Baloch

Quote from: Fiery on November 04, 2010, 03:20:22 AM
I hope the mod author doesnt mind... I have attached a version that works with RC4.  All I did was change the package-info.xml file and it works great on my site.

It worked for me. Thanks for this updating.

djkittencat

I do not know where to go to find simple support for this. I am a noob and don't understand the tech talk in a lot of threads I have stumbled upon.

I have v 1.1.11. I tried to install recaptcha but the language files were skipped and no words appear in the settings when I try to enable recaptcha.

This has also happened for the human bot mod.

What to do?

青山 素子

What language are you using? The modification has a few contributed translations, but will skip adding those if you don't have that language pack. The only required language strings are the Latin-1 (non UTF-8) English ones.
Motoko-chan

djkittencat

Fiery

Are you using a custom theme?

djkittencat

Yes, I have a custom theme in place.

www.travelatmosphere.com/forum

青山 素子

Try using the default theme and see if the text is there.
Motoko-chan

djkittencat

Ok it worked when I used the default theme, and still worked when I switched over to the custom theme. Thx for the help!

青山 素子

Odd...

Well, glad it's working now.
Motoko-chan

delling

Heya!

Also having issues with SMF 1.11.

The install seems to occur fine -- but I also had an empty Modifications.english.php file.

Still, I dumped the necessary code into that file... and still nothing appearing in Admin > Registration > Settings

Not seeing any errors, either :(

Anglis

When I am trying to apply this mod it Fails on:

./Themes/default/Register.template.php    Test failed

Any idea why would that be?

Also I am using a different language on it if that makes any difference.

青山 素子

Do you have any other registration modifications installed? What version of SMF?
Motoko-chan

Advertisement: