News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

reCAPTCHA for SMF

Started by 青山 素子, December 28, 2007, 12:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

青山 素子

Quote from: Markco on June 25, 2011, 02:50:05 PM
i see, but where is the RecaptchaOptions in the mod

It's not directly adjustable. You'll need to edit GenericControls.template.php.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

otakuduo

I took a look but couldn't find an answer to my issue. Hope someone can help.

SMF Version 1.1.14

I Currently get the following error:

8: Undefined index: use_recaptcha
File: /usr/home/forums/Themes/default/Register.template.php
Line: 132

this relates to the following code :

if ($context['use_recaptcha'])
      {
         echo '
                     <script type="text/javascript">
                     var RecaptchaOptions = {

Markco

Sorry, I use the on-line translator ("Reverso") French / English

SD-X

Quote from: otakuduo on June 25, 2011, 05:19:45 PM
I took a look but couldn't find an answer to my issue. Hope someone can help.

SMF Version 1.1.14

this relates to the following code :

if ($context['use_recaptcha'])
      {
         echo '
                     <script type="text/javascript">
                     var RecaptchaOptions = {
Make sure you're using the latest version, which is 0.9.8a as of this posting. The version was incremented with the "a" in it to show that the current version was made compatible with 1.1.14 and 2.0 Gold.

青山 素子

Not a critical issue, just an undefined index. I thought I cleaned all those out previously, but it looks like at least one slipped through. It won't hurt anything other than take up space in the error log.

Quote from: SugarD-x on June 25, 2011, 10:11:43 PM
Make sure you're using the latest version, which is 0.9.8a as of this posting. The version was incremented with the "a" in it to show that the current version was made compatible with 1.1.14 and 2.0 Gold.

The 1.1 series has been wildcarded, so 0.9.8 will work just fine as well. The only change between 0.9.8 and 0.9.8a was testing and addition of the 2.0 release version so one wouldn't need to use version emulation.
Motoko-chan

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

otakuduo

Quote from: 青山 素子 on June 25, 2011, 11:10:40 PM

Not a critical issue, just an undefined index. I thought I cleaned all those out previously, but it looks like at least one slipped through. It won't hurt anything other than take up space in the error log.

its actually stopping the recaptcha from showing.

青山 素子

Quote from: otakuduo on June 26, 2011, 04:36:25 AM

Did you make sure to put in the keys and enable it?

Quote from: Present. on June 26, 2011, 09:50:03 AM
Why after changing the color, recaptcha escape to the left?

Because the reCAPTCHA code provided by the service left-aligns the other styles. There is information on how to override that earlier in this topic.
Motoko-chan

otakuduo

Quote from: 青山 素子 on June 26, 2011, 12:20:27 PM
Quote from: otakuduo on June 26, 2011, 04:36:25 AM

Did you make sure to put in the keys and enable it?

Yup

i just get the built in version. Even if i turn that off nothing shows. The statement that builds the page is the one with the index error.

青山 素子

Are you using a custom theme? If so, what happens if you use the default theme?
Motoko-chan

otakuduo

yup using the default theme with one other mod using these pages.

Clickout

hi,
after activating the cloudflare security in my site, the recaptcha is not working.
it shows the message : For security reasons, you must pass the remote ip to reCAPTCHA

i'm using smf 2.0rc4
www.ipool.tk/register/

青山 素子

You'll probably need to install something like mod_cloudflare on the server to get the proper IP in the proper place. If you're using shared hosting, you will not be able to do this.
Motoko-chan

subcor

I installed this mod, but still about a dozen spammer registers to my site a day. I know that because the Stop Spammer Mod doesn't let them activate their account. Did I do something wrong, or bots can solve reCAPTCHA  nowadays? It seems working, it is displayed on the registration page and doesn't let me further without solving the captcha.

White-Tiger

Quote from: Clickout on July 06, 2011, 09:12:40 AM
hi,
after activating the cloudflare security in my site, the recaptcha is not working.
it shows the message : For security reasons, you must pass the remote ip to reCAPTCHA

i'm using smf 2.0rc4
\[...\]
ok you are using SMF 2x, and I don't know if it's fixed there already but it could be an IPv6 issue
since I've got the same problem with SMF 1x when using IPv6 to connect.

Fix for SMF 1x would be to change the reCAPTCHA for SMF so it replaces the non-existing IP with '127.0.0.1' instead of printing "For security reasons, you must pass the remote ip to reCAPTCHA"
Fix for SMF 2x would be to add IPv6 Support... eg. with this: "IPv6 support" http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3051 (didn't tested since I use SMF 1x, but it sounds good)

use my attached reCAPTCHA with caution, u should try the original one first and/or try to find a mod to add IPv6 support to SMF. The attached should be only used to fix IPv6 issues with the reCAPTCHA modification on SMF.

青山 素子

Quote from: subcor on July 10, 2011, 09:07:07 AM
I installed this mod, but still about a dozen spammer registers to my site a day. I know that because the Stop Spammer Mod doesn't let them activate their account. Did I do something wrong, or bots can solve reCAPTCHA  nowadays? It seems working, it is displayed on the registration page and doesn't let me further without solving the captcha.

They do. There are human services that the bots now use to solve CAPTCHAs. It's been this way for several years now. Use a combination of methods such as including registration questions.

Quote from: White-Tiger on July 10, 2011, 10:54:46 AM
use my attached reCAPTCHA with caution, u should try the original one first and/or try to find a mod to add IPv6 support to SMF. The attached should be only used to fix IPv6 issues with the reCAPTCHA modification on SMF.

I do not allow redistribution. Please remove the attachment. If you want to, post the changes, but do NOT package the code together.
Motoko-chan

Joker™

White-Tiger, it is not allowed to re-distribute a modification without having proper permissions from mod author.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

wlchase

I have had a couple of folks trying to join our forums report problems with the CAPTCHA, specifically, the area is blank except for the text "Input error: Invalid referer" in it.

I have had no trouble so far creating a new user, and we are getting other registrations successfully.

Can you point me in a direction to look?

Thanks!
Bill
Bill http://www.czfirearms.us  SysAdmin

青山 素子

This error occurs when you are using valid keys, but they don't match the domain the form is on.

First, double-check that the keys you are using are correct for that domain.

If they are correct, then do you have multiple domains pointed at the same site? If so, it could be posting from the other domain. If not, make sure you didn't generate the keys for "www.domain" and instead used just "domain". If you generated keys for "www.domain", they will only work with the www prefix, and if the form is being sent from the site without that prefix, you'll get that error.
Motoko-chan

wlchase

Thanks! That's probably it. We changed out domain name a few months ago, and some folks likely have come to us from an old reference.

Awesome support!

Bill
Bill http://www.czfirearms.us  SysAdmin

gingeee85

hi, im having a problem, iv installed this on my site, didnt read properly about the keys and now i cant log in or anything, here is what i get, input error: k: key is invalid, how can i sort this out without having to wipe my site clean?

Advertisement: