News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

reCAPTCHA for SMF

Started by 青山 素子, December 28, 2007, 12:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

青山 素子

The URL has probably been changed since the last update. You can register at https://www.google.com/recaptcha and choosing "Get reCAPTCHA" on the top right.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Circa

Any plans to get this fixed? It's kind of essential for an SMF install nowadays. Bots break through the default captcha like its nothing.

青山 素子

Quote from: Circa on October 10, 2016, 10:45:21 AM
Bots break through the default captcha like its nothing.

Bots break through reCAPTCHA very easy too. I suggest using the question/answer feature if you want something better. Also, a broken link to a place you can go yourself isn't high priority.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Circa

When it was working, I didn't get any bots breaking through.

And I'm not sure what you mean by that second part of your post. I'm referring to the error that says the letters were wrong.

Jade Elizabeth

Any idea what could cause these errors? My members can't send PMs at the moment...wondering if it's this mod or something else? :)
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Arantor

Your host needs to fix their OpenSSL configuration.

rcruz

Hi all!

about the "letters wrong" error (search box errors).  I was convinced it was a bug of the mod. So I have been reviewing the source code and applied a change that worked well for me. Explained following:

$Source/Search.php

[search for]

// If we come from another search box tone down the error...
if (!isset($_REQUEST['search_vv']))

[Replace by]

// If we come from another search box tone down the error...
if (!isset($_REQUEST['search_vv']) && !$modSettings['recaptcha_enabled'])

I'm not sure about it's an appropiate modification, but it works...

Best Regards,

oOo--STAR--oOo

Great mod very simple and clean a must have!

Also regards to reCaptcha being automatically cracked by bots is not something I am aware of and I have made plenty of bots for different kinds of platforms. If you have some knowledge on cracking these automatically please share that would be very interesting. There is one service I affiliate with who uses real people to crack the captchas for pittance. It can only be done manually and they have to pay to use the service as real people are solving the captchas and sending it back. The fact people would have to pay to distribute bots on your site makes it less likely especially for small forums. BDC does not work with googles new reCaptchas.

Awesome mod!
You can't fool a sufficiently talented fool.

http://www.uniquez-home.com
In Design Phase!

Mods I am designing,  No refresh Collapse Categories , Poll Redesign , Pure CSS Breadcrumb , Profile Statuses, Profile Views.

soundboy974

Hi everyone

Since I have installed this mod i have this error in my logs

Does anyone have an idea?

oOo--STAR--oOo

Quote from: soundboy974 on January 28, 2017, 02:46:52 AM
Hi everyone

Since I have installed this mod i have this error in my logs

Does anyone have an idea?

I had this error also, and I also didn't want the error taking me away from the page I was on, so this edit that fixed those issues for me :D Double whammy.

Open /Sources/Subs-Editor.php
and search for
Code (find) Select
fatal_lang_error('error_wrong_verification_code', false);
Replace with
Code (replace) Select
$verification_errors[] = 'wrong_verification_code';

You will find 2 instances of it, replace both of them.

You got that error because they either didn't try to answer the reCaptcha or they answered it incorrectly.
You can't fool a sufficiently talented fool.

http://www.uniquez-home.com
In Design Phase!

Mods I am designing,  No refresh Collapse Categories , Poll Redesign , Pure CSS Breadcrumb , Profile Statuses, Profile Views.

dan3

Will there be an update for this mod?

"Dear Webmaster,
You are receiving this email because you are registered as a website administrator using reCAPTCHA, and your website is still using reCAPTCHA v1, which will be turned off on March 31, 2018.
We announced the reCAPTCHA v1 deprecation in May 2016. Starting in November 2017, a small percentage of reCAPTCHA v1 traffic will begin to show a notice informing users that the old API will soon be retired. Any calls to the v1 API will not work after March 31, 2018.
To ensure continued functionality, you'll need to update your website to a current version of reCAPTCHA. You can learn more about reCAPTCHA v2, Invisible reCAPTCHA and reCAPTCHA Android API in our Developer's Guide. The new APIs are simple to implement and will streamline the captcha experience for your users. If you need help, you can engage in the reCAPTCHA Google Developer Group or post to Stack Overflow with the 'recaptcha' tag."

digger

Quote from: dan3 on October 19, 2017, 06:11:14 PM
Will there be an update for this mod?

"Dear Webmaster,
You are receiving this email because you are registered as a website administrator using reCAPTCHA, and your website is still using reCAPTCHA v1, which will be turned off on March 31, 2018.
We announced the reCAPTCHA v1 deprecation in May 2016. Starting in November 2017, a small percentage of reCAPTCHA v1 traffic will begin to show a notice informing users that the old API will soon be retired. Any calls to the v1 API will not work after March 31, 2018.
To ensure continued functionality, you'll need to update your website to a current version of reCAPTCHA. You can learn more about reCAPTCHA v2, Invisible reCAPTCHA and reCAPTCHA Android API in our Developer's Guide. The new APIs are simple to implement and will streamline the captcha experience for your users. If you need help, you can engage in the reCAPTCHA Google Developer Group or post to Stack Overflow with the 'recaptcha' tag."

Mod was updated some years ago for v2 API reCaptcha.

SD-X

I received the same email. I thought this was still using the original version. Wasn't the update for version 2 an unofficial change someone posted in the topic here?

Edit: https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=213535.msg3864090#msg3864090

Edit #2: Scratch that.
https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=213535.msg3822010#msg3822010

I think we're good. Looks like Google is just being stupid.

Darkness7148

I've been trying to get this mod working on my forum for years now but it is still giving me the same error when you try to register on my forum:

Happens regardless if you tick the recapture box or not.

SD-X

Quote from: StarScream123 on October 21, 2017, 05:30:24 AM
I've been trying to get this mod working on my forum for years now but it is still giving me the same error when you try to register on my forum:

That appears to be a permissions issue separate from this mod. Make sure user registration is activated in your board's settings.

Darkness7148

Registration works fine when this mod isn't installed.

pepa

Quote from: StarScream123 on October 21, 2017, 05:30:24 AM

Same problem here, using 2.0.14 with Responsive Curve mod.

Tetrahydrocannabinol

There's an error with the css on installation.

It will install the css as:
/* Make the reCAPTCHA dialog centered to match the positioning of the built-in verification */
.g-recaptcha div div
{
margin: auto;
}

But it needs to be:
/* Make the reCAPTCHA dialog centered to match the positioning of the built-in verification */
.g-recaptcha div
{
margin: auto;
}

Or else it won't do anything.

pepa

Tetrahydrocannabinol

Which css file does that refer to?

pepa

Quote from: pepa on January 03, 2018, 08:13:03 AM
Tetrahydrocannabinol

Which css file does that refer to?

index.css .... made the change and it works perfectly.

thank you Tetrahydrocannabinol : )

Advertisement: