Hide SMF Version

Started by 青山 素子, January 01, 2008, 01:09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

Did you select the install button once uploading the package?

karls

There was no Install buttons, I clicked on Apply Mod.

But if I go to Installed Packages it's not listed. So it's not installed well. If I go to Download Packages and upload again it tells me:

The file you are uploading already exists on the server. Please delete it first then try again.

Karl

Nimnix

Quote from: karls on March 12, 2010, 05:56:41 AM
There was no Install buttons, I clicked on Apply Mod.

But if I go to Installed Packages it's not listed. So it's not installed well. If I go to Download Packages and upload again it tells me:

The file you are uploading already exists on the server. Please delete it first then try again.

Karl

Try delete the package manually from your FTP. It's in your Packages folder.

karls

I delete the zip file manually, re uploaded successfully, clicked on the Apply mod - and still there's not listed the option...

I am using Forum version: SMF 1.1.11
I am going to Features and Options and Basic.

Can't believe things are so complicated or get so complicated.

Unbelievable.

Thanks.
Karl

karls

Actually my forum footer says:

QuotePowered by SMF | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC
Theme Green FS by Fussilet
Page created in 0.237 seconds with 23 queries.

So in any case the version number is hidden I assume.

Thanks.
Karl

Arantor

So when you clicked on Apply Mod, what happened? Did you get a screen saying it was applied successfully?

karls

makaluch

FYI - this mod is so useful because it cleans up the footer.

All that crap is just plain ole ugly! I, nor anyone else, cares what version the boards are running while using them. The only time I care about versioning is when I'm performing routine maintenance. Versions should be absent from copyright information by default.

Also, REAL hackers are conscientious and purposeful. They will research and test against the version to subvert the logging system, gain access, and then escalate. Versions do matter but regular updates, log reviews, strong login passwords even for your users, and registration verification (to name a few) should always matter more.

danielwmoore

Went into package-info.xml for this modification and changed:

<install for="2.0 RC2, 2.0 RC3">

to:

<install for="2.0 RC2, 2.0 RC3, 2.0 RC4">

It installs perfectly for SMF 2.0 RC4 once you do this.

moviespot

Here is an edit as danielwmoore said.

This install on RC4 version

<<< File Removed >>>
Thanks and regards

青山 素子

Why post edited copies of my modification when the license doesn't allow it?

Even more, why bother re-packaging when a simple version emulation feature (which is a standard GUI item in 2.0!) will work without any unpackaging/packaging?

Please remove the file.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

moviespot

Quote from: 青山 素子 on December 02, 2010, 10:12:34 PM
Why post edited copies of my modification when the license doesn't allow it?

Even more, why bother re-packaging when a simple version emulation feature (which is a standard GUI item in 2.0!) will work without any unpackaging/packaging?

Please remove the file.

Its great that you answer .. as you guys were busy you just need to add 1 line of code to allow it to install smooth without version emulation..

I found many mods like this, I removed the file, but please add it normally to your version or make new version what so ever, I was think you will be happy with my time effort to this contribution I did for you.

Thanks, and thumb-up for the good work.
Thanks and regards

青山 素子

Quote from: moviespot on December 03, 2010, 12:42:59 AM
please add it normally to your version or make new version what so ever, I was think you will be happy with my time effort to this contribution I did for you.

I will, as soon as I can. Although I applaud you for your testing, it really isn't much of an effort to make such a change.
Motoko-chan

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

PLAYBOY

Very useful mod.
You know what. I think im not gonna keep updating my forum for a long time. At least until they come up with a stable 2.0

This mod is very smart,quick, easy and great. Appreciated it.

squad

Please, would this be compatible with 1.1.13 without any mucking
around.

PLAYBOY

I had this mod and i upgraded my forum to 1.1.13 with no problem. I dont see why not.

squad

Quote from: PLAYBOY on February 15, 2011, 03:28:49 AM
I had this mod and i upgraded my forum to 1.1.13 with no problem. I dont see why not.

Thank you PLAYBOY, will give it a go.

青山 素子

The code edits are minimal, so it should work on the latest versions without problems. I won't bump compatible versions until I verify, of course. The install has a wildcard for 1.1, so it will install without trickery on 1.1. With 2.0, use the version emulation dialog.
Motoko-chan

squad

Yes it did install, without any problems but I haven't logged out to check, will do so later today. Thank you heaps :)

mariusfv

SMF 2.0 RC5 - This package doesn't appear to support your SMF version.

Not working, after I upload the mod and try to apply ....

Pls update!

Advertisement: