News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Hide SMF Version

Started by 青山 素子, January 01, 2008, 01:09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mariusfv

Edit: Works perfectly with version emulate on 2.0 RC5, i was forgot to activate it on admin menu  ???

alexx-1

ok, i install, shange settings... and not working

青山 素子

Quote from: alexx-1 on March 04, 2012, 04:40:22 PM
ok, i install, shange settings... and not working

Make sure you're not logged in. Administrators will always see the version.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

kegyen

When I try to go to other portions of my forum I am getting:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare nchatsettings() (previously declared in /home/content/21/6641821/html/forum/Sources/ManageSettings.php:2152) in /home/content/21/6641821/html/forum/Sources/ManageSettings.php on line 2262

When I remove NChat I get

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/content/21/6641821/html/forum/NChat/NChatBoardIndex.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/21/6641821/html/forum/Sources/Load.php(2181) : eval()'d code on line 20

How can I just remove this and get my forum back on track?

青山 素子

That's something over which you'll have to ask that modification author. I have no idea what NChat even is.
Motoko-chan

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

villasg

Hello .
I installed in my 2.0.10 without errors but can not find the settings in Admin panel and can not hide smf version .
where can i find the configuration ? ( 2.0.10 not have Admin -> Configuration -> Security & Moderation -> General )

Finaly i found in : forum  »Administration Center »Server Settings »Security

Niko_Bellic

If this makes no real difference to hackers, then what is the point in hiding the SMF version?

青山 素子

Quote from: villasg on July 04, 2015, 01:41:25 PM
I installed in my 2.0.10 without errors but can not find the settings in Admin panel and can not hide smf version .
where can i find the configuration ? ( 2.0.10 not have Admin -> Configuration -> Security & Moderation -> General )

Finaly i found in : forum  »Administration Center »Server Settings »Security

That's really odd. My install of 2.0.10 has the exact path shown in the readme. There is certainly no security section under the "Server Settings" section.

Quote from: NikoBellic on July 05, 2015, 12:43:30 PM
If this makes no real difference to hackers, then what is the point in hiding the SMF version?

It doesn't much, but some people are convinced it's useful. Rather than removing the version number from the SMF files, this at least provides a safe method to hide the version and hopefully lowers the number of people requesting support because they broke their SMF install by removing the version number.
Motoko-chan

Advertisement: