BoardHover Mod

Started by butchs, January 28, 2008, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

butchs

I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

butchs

A new version was posted today.  Fixed many issues found by W3C Validators

Only one random error remains href='index.php?board=3.0'" name="b.  This code is required for some users and was part of a bug fix.  If " name="b..." is removed some forums will not transfer.

I do not think I can do a thing about this error because it is an internal SMF bad word selection.  When SMF changes the word "name" to something different the error should go away.
8)
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

tonnybarros

Hello, I love the mod, but I need help to add to my core theme in the forum, see the mistakes that happen:

. / Themes / core / index.template.php
. / Themes / core / MessageIndex.template.php
. / Themes / core / BoardIndex.template.php

They succeeded in the test:
. / Themes / core / PersonalMessage.template.php
. / Themes / core / Memberlist.template.php

So I'm leaving here the files attached to when you have time, add me.

I thank you!

Traduzinto from Portuguese to English by Google
List my MODs

1.   Auto Email Inactive Users   1.7   [ Desinstalar ]
2.   Display Name On Registration   2.0   [ Desinstalar ]
3.   Custom Action Mod   3.0   [ Desinstalar ]
4.   Pretty URLs   1.0RC   [ Desinstalar ]
5.   Team Page   3.5.1   [ Desinstalar ]
6.   Aeva ~ Auto-Embed Video & Audio   7.0   [ Desinstalar ]
7.   Computer Avatars   1.0   [ Desinstalar ]
8.   PECL Memcached Support   1.0   [ Desinstalar ]
9.   Wysiwyg Quick Reply RC2   RC2   [ Desinstalar ]
10.   Topic Solved   1.1   [ Desinstalar ]
11.   Share this topic - SMF Mod   1.3   [ Desinstalar ]
12.   eNinja - Custom Pages   1.0.12   [ Desinstalar ]
13.   Highslide Image Viewer   1.6   [ Desinstalar ]
14.   PM to New Members   1.2   [ Desinstalar ]
15.   Google Analytics Code   1.1   [ Desinstalar ]
16.   Registered Links   2.0   [ Desinstalar ]
17.   Look But No Read   1.3   [ Desinstalar ]
18.   Users Online Today   1.5.4   [ Desinstalar ]
19.   EmailValidator   1.0   [ Desinstalar ]
20.   Member Color Link   3.0.7   [ Desinstalar ]
21.   Ad Managment   2.3.5   [ Desinstalar ]
22.   Custom Form Mod   1.6   [ Desinstalar ]
23.   Global Headers Footers   2.0   [ Desinstalar

tfs

Nice looking mod.  Just discovered it today.  Thanks!
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

butchs

Quote from: tonnybarros on February 06, 2010, 08:43:03 PM
Hello, I love the mod, but I need help to add to my core theme in the forum, see the mistakes that happen:

. / Themes / core / index.template.php
. / Themes / core / MessageIndex.template.php
. / Themes / core / BoardIndex.template.php

They succeeded in the test:
. / Themes / core / PersonalMessage.template.php
. / Themes / core / Memberlist.template.php

I really do not have the time to re-write the mod for the core theme.

Tray starting with a manual install with the "modification-2RC.xml" file.  It was for the old core theme.  That should get you 90% there.

The ones that do not match are:

"index.template.php" search for <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="', $settings['default_theme_url'], '/css/print.css?rc2" media="print" />';

replace with <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="', $settings['default_theme_url'], '/css/print.css?rc1" media="print" />

<!--[if IE]>
   <style type="text/css">
   /* IE hack to emulate the :hover & :focus pseudo-classes
      Add the selectors below that required the extra attributes */
   .approvebg_hover, .approvetbg_hover, .windowbg_hover, .windowbg2_hover, .windowbg3_hover, .mail_hover, .windowbg_locked_hover { behavior: url("', $settings['theme_url'], '/scripts/pseudo-hover.htc"); }
   </style>
   <![endif]-->';

"MessageIndex.template.php" search for </td>
<td', !empty($board['children']) ? ' rowspan="2"' : '', ' class="windowbg2 smalltext lastpost">';

/* The board's and children's 'last_post's have:
time, timestamp (a number that represents the time.), id (of the post), topic (topic id.),
link, href, subject, start (where they should go for the first unread post.),
and member. (which has id, name, link, href, username in it.) */
if (!empty($board['last_post']['id']))
echo '
<strong>', $txt['last_post'], '</strong>  ', $txt['by'], ' ', $board['last_post']['member']['link'] , '<br />
', $txt['in'], ' ', $board['last_post']['link'], '<br />
', $txt['on'], ' ', $board['last_post']['time'];
echo '

replace with </td>';

/* The board's and children's 'last_post's have:
time, timestamp (a number that represents the time.), id (of the post), topic (topic id.),
link, href, subject, start (where they should go for the first unread post.),
and member. (which has id, name, link, href, username in it.) */
if (!empty($board['last_post']['id']))
echo '
<td class="windowbg2 windowbg2_hover smalltext lastpost" onclick="window.location.href=\'',$board['last_post']['href'],'\'">
<strong>', $txt['last_post'], '</strong>  ', $txt['by'], ' ', $board['last_post']['member']['link'] , '<br />
', $txt['in'], ' ', $board['last_post']['link'], '<br />
', $txt['on'], ' ', $board['last_post']['time'];
else
echo '
<td class="windowbg2 smalltext lastpost">';
echo '

"Indextemplate.php" search for elseif ($topic['is_sticky'] && !empty($settings['separate_sticky_lock']))
$color_class = 'windowbg3';
// Last, but not least: regular topics.
else
$color_class = 'windowbg';

replace with $color_class = !empty($settings['separate_sticky_lock']) && $topic['is_sticky'] ? ($topic['is_locked'] ? 'windowbg3 windowbg_locked_hover' : 'windowbg3') : ($topic['is_locked'] ? 'windowbg windowbg_locked_hover' : 'windowbg');

if($topic['new'] && $context['user']['is_logged'])
$boardhover_loc=$topic['new_href'];
else
$boardhover_loc=$topic['first_post']['href'];

"Indextemplate.php" search for <td class="', $alternate_class, ' lastpost">
<a href="', $topic['last_post']['href'], '">

replace with <td class="', $topic['is_locked'] ? 'windowbg2 windowbg_locked_hover lastpost' : 'windowbg2 windowbg2_hover lastpost', '" onclick="window.location.href=\'' ,$topic['last_post']['href'],'\'">
<a href="', $topic['last_post']['href'], '">

Minor tweeks may be required.

tonnybarros

Edited as reported, but did not change anything, it was as if they were installed.

butchs

Did you put "pseudo-hover.htc" in the default scripts folder and "windowbg_locked.gif" in the theme images folder?

tfs

I noticed that there appears to be a duplicate line in my /Themes/default/index.template.php

// Show the load time?
if ($context['show_load_time'])// Show the load time?
if ($context['show_load_time'])

It doesn't seem to be harming anything.  Is that a problem?
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

butchs

I do not think it will harm anything.  I will put it in the next version.

Thank you.  :)

sherwinaval

This doesn't seem to work with YAGAM. Hope it could work with it too :)

Nice mod.. thanks

butchs

It will if you install  YAGAM first.  :o

tfs

Any hope of seeing this updated for RC3?  I love the way this mod makes my forum look.

butchs

It has been done for a few days.  I was debugging it on my test forum.  No errors, so you can have it now.
:o

PURETRUCK.com

I'm getting a "Test Failed" trying to install on Raven theme for 2.0 RC3.

Here are details, (if they help out al atll):

Find

echo ' <div class="navigate_section">  <ul>'; // Each tree item has a URL and name. Some may have extra_before and extra_after. foreach ($context['linktree'] as $link_num => $tree) { echo ' <li', ($link_num == count($context['linktree']) - 1) ? ' class="last"' : '', '>'; // Show something before the link? if (isset($tree['extra_before'])) echo $tree['extra_before']; // Show the link, including a URL if it should have one. echo $settings['linktree_link'] && isset($tree['url']) ? ' <a href="' . $tree['url'] . '"><span>' . $tree['name'] . '</span></a>' : '<span>' . $tree['name'] . '</span>'; // Show something after the link...? if (isset($tree['extra_after'])) echo $tree['extra_after']; // Don't show a separator for the last one. if ($link_num != count($context['linktree']) - 1) echo ' »'; echo ' </li>'; } echo ' </ul>  </div>'; $shown_linktree = true; } 

Replace
// Show the navigation tree with or without hovers. LinktrhMain(); $shown_linktree = true; } function SMFLinkTree() { global $context, $settings, $options; // Each tree item has a URL and name. Some may have extra_before and extra_after. foreach ($context['linktree'] as $link_num => $tree) { echo ' <li', ($link_num == count($context['linktree']) - 1) ? ' class="last"' : '', '>'; // Show something before the link? if (isset($tree['extra_before'])) echo $tree['extra_before']; // Show the link, including a URL if it should have one. echo $settings['linktree_link'] && isset($tree['url']) ? ' <a href="' . $tree['url'] . '"><span>' . $tree['name'] . '</span></a>' : '<span>' . $tree['name'] . '</span>'; // Show something after the link...? if (isset($tree['extra_after'])) echo $tree['extra_after']; // Don't show a separator for the last one. if ($link_num != count($context['linktree']) - 1) echo ' »'; echo ' </li>'; } } 

Matthew K.

Please, to help him assist you, wrap your code with the code tags, for find and replace make it code=find and code=replace in brackets.

butchs

Themes besides default need to be installed manually.

derby

i dont get the use of this mod
LATEST JOB VACANCIES

www.derbhotjobs.com

butchs

It is a graphical navigation system for SMF.  Instead if finding and clicking small links a large area changes color where you can click anywhere within the color change to navigate the forum.

To see some pictures look at the Mod page.

mpolo

Hi butchs,
thank you for your nice mod.

I have a problem with IE8: the Info Center doesn't appear (see screenshot attached).
Everything works fine with Firefox
Any idea?
I have RC3 and your last release. Basic curve theme not changed in any way. just 2 mods installed, ILA (inline attachments) and AjaxChat.

thank you.

butchs

The words "post recenti" are not part of my mod?  Sure some one did not edit the section?  :o

Advertisement: