News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

BURN

Started by Smoky "Rider" Blue, January 31, 2008, 11:29:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smoky "Rider" Blue

Link to the theme

Glossy dark theme, good for gaming or other

demo can be viewed here
**Take the time to remember friendships and family.. Sometimes it's all we have, and missed very much**

Deaks

nice theme can also be found on SMF Themes.org
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Smoky "Rider" Blue

lol good thing RW, i might decide to do something with that site besides hang my smf there.. never can tell.. and thanks again!!  ;)
**Take the time to remember friendships and family.. Sometimes it's all we have, and missed very much**

bburg5

I get a red "X" in the child boards for new post. Also how would I add rotating banners to this theme as smf did above.

Can someone help me?

Thanks

Smoky "Rider" Blue

hmm red "x".. this is an old theme. I dont have it anymore but if you are finding you have a missing image, right click on it and find the path in your ftp and verify its there or not..

as for rotating banners.. explain.. for portal or for the theme itself.. as this one doesnt have that option, but you can search for the script and try it out on it..  ;)

bburg5

I will check the "X"

I am looking to put ad banners under the menu , but above the forum. I have tried the ad mang. with custome theme tutorial, but I do not get anywhere.

Thanks

Smoky "Rider" Blue

you could try one of the 3 portals and achieve the same effect of the ad managent  ;)

bburg5

Which portal would you recommend?

Also I would like to get a menu at the top of the page. I've tried several code changes, but the best I can do is get text. I would like to get the two menus to be the same...

Thanks

Smoky "Rider" Blue

for a portal, i would recommend tinyportal, for the 1.1.8

for a double menu, you just need to find "menu" i believe, or function_menu, and place it where you would like it to be seen, 2 times.  ;)

bburg5

Smoky,

Can I make the forum table wider. It seams as if the forum is to narrow. Please let me know....

Thanks

Smoky "Rider" Blue

you can if you wish.. since this is an old theme, and its replacement was burnII, go for it..

i will be updating the burn series soon..  ;)

bburg5

Quote from: SmokyBlue on March 26, 2009, 10:32:32 AM
you can if you wish.. since this is an old theme, and its replacement was burnII, go for it..

Which table should I change?

Also- I have a red "X" when the child subject is new. I assume this is where I need add or correct this in the BURN/MessageIndex.template.php.
// Show the "Child Boards: ". (there's a link_children but we're going to bold the new ones...)

if (!empty($board['children']))

{

// Sort the links into an array with new boards bold so it can be imploded.

$children = array();

/* Each child in each board's children has:

id, name, description, new (is it new?), topics (#), posts (#), href, link, and last_post. */

foreach ($board['children'] as $child)

{

$child['link'] = '<a href="' . $child['href'] . '" title="' . ($child['new'] ? $txt[333] : $txt[334]) . ' (' . $txt[330] . ': ' . $child['topics'] . ', ' . $txt[21] . ': ' . $child['posts'] . ')">' . $child['name'] . '</a>';

$children[] = $child['new'] ? '<b>' . $child['link'] . '</b>' : $child['link'];

}

WebSite

Smoky "Rider" Blue

it should be in the style.css

and its looking like the "new.gif" from the english folder is missing

(or if you are using utf8)

hope this helps, as its an older theme, i wont be supporting it anymore..  :)

bburg5

Smoky,

Thanks for the assistance. I will look into it today.

Thanks for the theme as it goes very well with our group.
Quote from: SmokyBlue on March 26, 2009, 10:32:32 AM

Please let me know what similar theme you come up with in the future...

Thanks again!!!

Smoky "Rider" Blue

Just keep your eyes out, there is no telling with me and what themes i do create..

working on a few now and finishing up silience soon.  ;)

bburg5

SmokyBlue

I know you are no longer keeping this theme up, but I have tried several ways to get the table to become wider to allow for the forum to become wider. Can you tell me how to do this. I changed things in the css, but nothing does what I want it to. Certain items in the forum are cut off d/t it being narrow. Thanks in advance...

babjusi

Quote from: bburg5 on May 20, 2009, 02:03:21 PM
SmokyBlue

I know you are no longer keeping this theme up, but I have tried several ways to get the table to become wider to allow for the forum to become wider. Can you tell me how to do this. I changed things in the css, but nothing does what I want it to. Certain items in the forum are cut off d/t it being narrow. Thanks in advance...

What part of the forum do you need to be wider, the front page?

Excellent work like always Smoky :)

bburg5

I guess it is pretty much the whole message board.

Thanks

Smoky "Rider" Blue

link to your site, show me where its not working right.

what screen size do you have?

bburg5

Sorry it took so long, busy week...

Website and I am using 1024x768

If you check out this Link I would like it to be as wide...

Thanks

Advertisement: