PHP Fatal error: Out of memory

Started by [SAP]Francis, February 18, 2008, 05:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[SAP]Francis

When I do this, I get this:

[18-Feb-2008 17:17:55] PHP Fatal error:  Out of memory (allocated 49545216) (tried to allocate 77824 bytes) in /home/gtasam/public_html/ffa/Sources/Load.php(1758) : eval()'d code on line 136

Vehicles Forum

Founded By Francis Morissette

Rumbaar

Well you're trying to access ~49MB of memory, so a limit of 8/16mb wouldn't help.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

[SAP]Francis

When I do nothing, I get this:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 77824 bytes) in /home/gtasam/public_html/ffa/Sources/Load.php(1758) : eval()'d code on line 136

Vehicles Forum

Rumbaar

Well either way it seems you're only able to allocate 77824 bytes, you may not be able to manually override the amount and need to contact your host about more memory allocation.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

[SAP]Francis

It always worked before I moved my forums of DIRECTORY, not host.

Vehicles Forum

Rumbaar

I'm not sure what would be eating up all the new memory then.  Have you changed anything at all, than just moving your folder?

Did you run Repair Settings tool and reset your theme paths after the move?

[ Themes ]

[SAP]Francis

It worked for a second until I go in admin panel and change the theme folder. How can I manually change it back?

What do you mean by Repair Settings tool? In Maintenance?

Vehicles Forum

Rumbaar

[ Themes ]

[SAP]Francis

No, I runned it and still nothing... :(

Vehicles Forum

Rumbaar

So your forum isn't running at all?  Have you contacted you host about memory usage issues?

[ Themes ]

[SAP]Francis

No, I didn't. But, yes, my forums aren't running at all. Only a white page with a fatal error message.

By the way, can't you split the topic to a new one here?

Vehicles Forum

Rumbaar

So it was working, but you changed theme folders in your theme settings?

[ Themes ]

mdp

I am getting same error message:

QuoteFatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 22069 bytes) in /home/wildhogs/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 1735

First, the website was not loading at all.  I kept getting "Page not found" so I contacted my hosting and after upgrading to 3 different levels of technical, the third one quoted below:

QuoteI looked at your script and it's trying to allocate huge amounts of
memory. I tweaked the server so that you could see the error on your site
now. As you see it's trying to allocate more than the 32Mb that is
allowed. That's way more than a php script should be using. Perhaps it's
getting caught in a loop or a new theme/module is breaking it? It may be
best to ask the SMF developers.

[SAP]Francis, say.. do you have Tinyportal on your?  I have it on mine so wonder if Tinyportal might be the issue??

Rumbaar

Have you both performed any manual code changes?  What are the mods you've gotten installed?  Are you running any SEO mods?  trying to think of what would be causing such large memory requirements.

[ Themes ]

mdp

No manual code change, but change theme...

Mods:
-Extra registered field
-TinyPortal

That's it.  None fancy.

Rumbaar

Can you try it on the default theme and see how it goes?  Also what is on line 1735 of your Loads.php file?

[ Themes ]

mdp

I am afraid I cant even get SMF to load up.  Go and check it out at http://www.wildhogsheaven.com  I'll FTP load.php and let you know what it says on that line

mdp

$file_found = file_exists($filename) && eval('?' . '>' . rtrim(file_get_contents($filename))) !== false;

That's whats on 1735

Rumbaar

Strange that is line 1726 of the default install of Load.php.  Part of the error messaging.

Try to turn off Eval and see if that gets your system up and running.
To do this, run this query in PHPmyAdmin (What is phpMyAdmin?)

INSERT INTO smf_settings VALUES ('disableTemplateEval', 1);

Then run this query to re-enable it, if required.

DELETE FROM smf_settings WHERE variable = 'disableTemplateEval';

Can you attach your Loads.php file.  I'd like to take a look.

[ Themes ]

[SAP]Francis

TinyPortal is installed, other mods like Visual Warnings Mod and theses things are also installed. I have the same line as him in the code.

Quote from: Rumbaar on February 18, 2008, 09:48:33 PM
So it was working, but you changed theme folders in your theme settings?
Yes.

Vehicles Forum

Advertisement: