Started by Bulakbol, February 18, 2008, 10:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulakbol

Link to Mod

Author:JohnyB   Mod Name:AvatarOnBoard   Version:1.1   Tested:Freshly installed SMF 1.1.4

- This mod will display the avatar of last poster in Board index and Child board index.
- This will also disable or enable the display and hide the childboards.
- The switches on or off of child boards and avatars and the width and the height can be configured in
~ Admin -> Features and options -> Layout and Options. It's in the bottom.
- The default avatar width is 35 pixels and the default height is 35 pixels too.
- Zero (0) in either width or height, the settings in (Admin -> Attachments and Avatars Settings) will be used.
- Added switch on or off for the avatar on Board. To disable the avatar, tick the checkbox.

Supported Themes
  - Default Core
  - Babylon
  - Classic
  - Helios_multi
  - DilberMC
  - wowdk_114v1

Note:
     If during the installation skipped your theme, there must be something wrong. Do not continue the installation.  Install the mod manually. Use the Package Parser.

February 19, 2008
- Expanded to Message index supporting child boards.       
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

Hoochie Coochie Man

İnadına SMF 1.1.X

Sabre™

Another great mod JohnyB.

I was hoping you could help me install this in the "invazion" theme.
I tried to manually install this using the package parser.
But no glory.
Its working fine through the default them.
It installed with no errors.
I am also using TP.
I ask as I've noticed the coding"s different for each of the themes youve enabled this for.
If you need me to send you any files(board.template.php) then just tell me what exactly.
Thank You in advance :)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Bulakbol

Thanks Hoochie Coockie Man.

The next version/update will expand to Message index together with switch to turn the avatar on or off.

@Fernside. Attach your BoardIndex.template.php and I'll take a look at it.
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

xrunner

Quote from: JohnyB on February 18, 2008, 10:39:03 PMSupported Themes
  - Babylon
  - Classic
  - Helios_multi
  - DilberMC

So it doesn't support the Core SMF theme - just want to make sure, I'd really like to try this Mod.

Bulakbol

Quote from: xrunner on February 19, 2008, 08:18:58 AM
Quote from: JohnyB on February 18, 2008, 10:39:03 PMSupported Themes
  - Babylon
  - Classic
  - Helios_multi
  - DilberMC

So it doesn't support the Core SMF theme - just want to make sure, I'd really like to try this Mod.

The mod is for the default Core Theme haha.  To avoid future confusion, I will add the core theme to the list. Thanks for pointing out.  ;)

xrunner

I just installed it - cool Mod thanks!  :)

edi67

he he lovely mod thx jonnhy
CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

From the difficult the hardening of the man you can see

Bulakbol

Eliana Tamerin

I'm guessing this is similar to the Avatars@Index mod. Do you intend to support similar or the same functionality as that mod (board index + message index + memberlist) or just board & message index? I do like that one, since it displays the full version of avatars on the memberlist (at least has the option to) as well as displaying on the message index.

It's a great mod, JohnyB, though. Keep up the good work. Be careful, though, you have to keep supporting all those mods. :P
Do NOT PM me for support.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 is OUT!
SimplePortal Project Manager
Download | Docs
SimplePortal: Power of Simplicity!

Bulakbol

Thanks Eliana. Help me support my mods.  ;) I want only simple mods so I can support them all.

Topic and memberlist are already covered by Avatar@Index mod so I figured I don't have to include them here.

I updated this mod. It's a good idea from the Customization team so it is now expanded to Mesage index for support of child boards. We can now hide the display of both avatar and list of childboards in the Board index.

Please uninstall the old version (1.0) before installing the update (1.1). Thanks.

Eliana Tamerin

Quote from: JohnyB on February 19, 2008, 06:13:40 PM
Thanks Eliana. Help me support my mods.  ;) I want only simple mods so I can support them all.

Topic and memberlist are already covered by Avatar@Index mod so I figured I don't have to include them here.

I'll do my best to help.

And it sounds good. I'll test to two out together to make sure nothing conflicts.

Download | Docs

Bulakbol

Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on February 19, 2008, 06:33:27 PM
Quote from: JohnyB on February 19, 2008, 06:13:40 PM

I'll do my best to help.

And it sounds good. I'll test to two out together to make sure nothing conflicts.

Thanks Eliana. I don't think there's conflict but not too sure 'cause I didn't check Avatar@Index mod codes.

teaser

I get this error when I activate avatar. It happens When I go to home:

Not unique table/alias: 'mav'
File: /home/desi/public_html/forums/Sources/BoardIndex.php
Line: 90

Bulakbol

Did you install the mod manually? Are there any errors when you installed the mod?

teaser

Eliana Tamerin

Do you have any other mods? Some of them might conflict with this (although I don't see how on the top of my head).

Download | Docs

Bulakbol

Quote from: teaser on February 19, 2008, 08:51:34 PM
No and no

Attach your Sources/BoardIndex.php and I'll take a look. I can't emulate the error. It looks like there's another field called mav. Or maybe installed twice?

Any other mods inatalled?

Sabre™

Quote from: JohnyB on February 19, 2008, 08:07:41 AM
@Fernside. Attach your BoardIndex.template.php and I'll take a look at it.

Thanks JohnyB :)

Its attached.
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

teaser

Ok Now the problem is that I kind of replaced the old boardindex.php with the new one and i reactivated the plugin but its not showing up.

Advertisement: