News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMFShop - Shop MOD

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, December 27, 2004, 06:46:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stigmartyr

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 03, 2010, 11:13:54 PM
I have a real paid SMF Store mod that deals with selling digital and physical items.

The SMF Shop mod I see as an item based and virtual currency system that is used to unlock items and other areas of the forum.

Can it convert karma or user participation into some form of discount on items? :)

vbgamer45

Not at this time but would be a good request.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

steve51184

hi there i'm trying to install smfshop (latest) on smf 2.0 rc2 (updated from 1.1.10 with smfshop3.0) but after i upload the package 'SMFShop3.1.5forSMF2.0RC2' and click install in the package manager i get a 'Unable to find package file!' error why is this?

vbgamer45

First step check your forum's error log.
If that doesn't help then upload the file to your packages folder for your forum then try to install it.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

steve51184

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 06, 2010, 11:02:48 PM
If that doesn't help then upload the file to your packages folder for your forum then try to install it.

1. "There are currently no error log entries."

2. i did upload it to the package folder but i got that error

vbgamer45

make a temp folder in the packages folder and give it permissions of 755 if it does not exist

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

steve51184

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 06, 2010, 11:02:48 PM

i've got this error in my error log:

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this member  myusername
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this IP address myip
     Reverse chronological order of list Today at 04:08:19 am
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session sessionid
Apply Filter: Only show the errors of this type Type of error: Undefined
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL
http://domain.com/index.php?action=admin;area=packages;sa=install;package=SMFShop3.1.5forSMF2.0RC2..zip
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
8: Undefined variable: entryname
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /var/www/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 1526

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 06, 2010, 11:09:26 PM
make a temp folder in the packages folder and give it permissions of 755 if it does not exist

tried that same error

Exochat

Stigmatyr:

You can add your own custom items rather than those included. Upload your own custom image to Sources/shop/item_images/
Then go to your ADD/EDIT/DELETE items and select ROCK option. Just change the details to match your own requirements, select your newly installed custom image and make sure that the item cannot be "used" and then click save.
This has now added your own custom image for sale in your shop and you can repeat the same procedure of uploading more images and selecting the ROCK option each time to add further custom items to the shop.

This method will allow you to sell custom items that members of your site can buy and display in their inventory but it will not allow any "use" feature. If you want them to be able to "use" the item once bought you will have to code the "use" yourself as a new rule. The developer appears to have covered a broad range of "use" rules already but as there are literally infinite possibilites of new rules, it is hard for any developer to cover every option for everyone.

Bear in mind tho, that if you intend to sell real items you best make sure you have a profitable site able to cope with it. If you advertise that members will be paid real offers in exchange for posting, word will spread around the internet that you can get something for virtually nothing and you may end up with hundreds of new members all posting like crazy hoping to get enough credits to bag themselves a free mug or a free tshirt. Does your business plan have a plan to cover the costs should you find that in one week you have 11 Tshirt and 8 Mug orders? If you cant find the money required to purchase and ship around $100 of orders then you may end up letting people down that may complain about your site offering something and not delivering it. This could be both bad publicity and a legal issue if you are not careful and covered yourself.
Its a nice idea to think you can encourage your 20 active members to post more and it will cost you a $10 Tshirt every 3 or 4 months...... but do you really want to encourage them out of your own pocket and at a risk that more and more people will take advantage and your costs quickly rise? If you limit yourself to just 1 Tshirt in stock, what happens when it has been bought and you dont offer anything else? You will soon find people walking away having lost their main incentive for being there.

I think that is why people stick with virtual currency and virtual items, because it offers much greater simplicity and can do it for free.

legostrat

Quote from: andris11 on January 07, 2010, 04:09:25 PM
I installed it to SMF RC2.0. It's good and working. I want to do a VIP category so they will be able to buy VIP membergroup. I could see that there is a function which says:

"change membergroup by Daniel15..." But if i want to add this item i got an error:

Fatal error: Function name must be a string in D:\Web\Webroot\teszt\Sources\shop\items\PrimaryMemberGroup.php on line 66

I dont know whats wrong the 66 line is:

while ($row = $smfFunc['db_fetch_assoc']($result))

PLEASE HELP ME!

I'm getting this same error...  Does anybody know what to do?  I'm not sure what version of PHP I'm running.  If anybody can tell me how to find out in cPanel, I'll check.
www.calxanime.com [nofollow] - a SMF forum!  :D  Join if you're interested.

steve51184

vbgamer45

I would try installing other mods and see if it is the issue sounds like a general smf issue though

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

steve51184

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 07, 2010, 11:59:31 PM
I would try installing other mods and see if it is the issue sounds like a general smf issue though

i have 20+ mods installed and all work find and none gave any errors only yours... please help/suggest....

vbgamer45

Quote from: legostrat on February 07, 2010, 10:22:59 PM
Quote from: andris11 on January 07, 2010, 04:09:25 PM
I installed it to SMF RC2.0. It's good and working. I want to do a VIP category so they will be able to buy VIP membergroup. I could see that there is a function which says:

"change membergroup by Daniel15..." But if i want to add this item i got an error:

Fatal error: Function name must be a string in D:\Web\Webroot\teszt\Sources\shop\items\PrimaryMemberGroup.php on line 66

I dont know whats wrong the 66 line is:

while ($row = $smfFunc['db_fetch_assoc']($result))

PLEASE HELP ME!

I'm getting this same error...  Does anybody know what to do?  I'm not sure what version of PHP I'm running.  If anybody can tell me how to find out in cPanel, I'll check.

Released 3.1.5.1 to fix that issue thanks for the report

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Stigmartyr

Quote from: Exochat on February 07, 2010, 08:40:02 PM
Stigmatyr:

You can add your own custom items rather than those included. Upload your own custom image to Sources/shop/item_images/
Then go to your ADD/EDIT/DELETE items and select ROCK option. Just change the details to match your own requirements, select your newly installed custom image and make sure that the item cannot be "used" and then click save.
This has now added your own custom image for sale in your shop and you can repeat the same procedure of uploading more images and selecting the ROCK option each time to add further custom items to the shop.

This method will allow you to sell custom items that members of your site can buy and display in their inventory but it will not allow any "use" feature. If you want them to be able to "use" the item once bought you will have to code the "use" yourself as a new rule. The developer appears to have covered a broad range of "use" rules already but as there are literally infinite possibilites of new rules, it is hard for any developer to cover every option for everyone.

Bear in mind tho, that if you intend to sell real items you best make sure you have a profitable site able to cope with it. If you advertise that members will be paid real offers in exchange for posting, word will spread around the internet that you can get something for virtually nothing and you may end up with hundreds of new members all posting like crazy hoping to get enough credits to bag themselves a free mug or a free tshirt. Does your business plan have a plan to cover the costs should you find that in one week you have 11 Tshirt and 8 Mug orders? If you cant find the money required to purchase and ship around $100 of orders then you may end up letting people down that may complain about your site offering something and not delivering it. This could be both bad publicity and a legal issue if you are not careful and covered yourself.
Its a nice idea to think you can encourage your 20 active members to post more and it will cost you a $10 Tshirt every 3 or 4 months...... but do you really want to encourage them out of your own pocket and at a risk that more and more people will take advantage and your costs quickly rise? If you limit yourself to just 1 Tshirt in stock, what happens when it has been bought and you dont offer anything else? You will soon find people walking away having lost their main incentive for being there.

I think that is why people stick with virtual currency and virtual items, because it offers much greater simplicity and can do it for free.

Wow that's really awesome, I'll install and test the new features then.  I do have sponsors who donate items and cash so I can throttle rewards appropriately.

steve51184

steve51184

hey i have a question do aLL shop items with with smf 2 rc2? like the profile image etc?

are there any i shouldn't use?

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

steve51184

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 08, 2010, 12:51:35 AM
All the ones included should be ok

should? erm ok... have they been tested? and the profile image one here does this work: http://smfshop.com/forum/index.php/topic,100.0.html

also how do we do interest on this? i used to run:

/usr/bin/php -q /var/www/web8/web/Sources/shop/dointerest.php > /var/www/web8/web/interest_log.htm

but that gives an error:

QuoteFatal error: Call to undefined function db_query() in /var/www/web8/web/Sources/shop/dointerest.php on line 20

vbgamer45

Interest is a Scheduled Task 2.0 you don't have to setup a cron job anymore

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

steve51184

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 08, 2010, 01:03:59 AM
Interest is a Scheduled Task 2.0 you don't have to setup a cron job anymore

ahh right (duh lol) nice one thanks :)

also can you confirm that all items that come with the latest smf shop work on rc2?

Advertisement: