News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Gencportal

Started by ℓσяєиz, February 20, 2008, 11:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ℓσяєиz

Link to Mod

Demo: http://www.genclup.net/index.php?action=portal3

You can change settings in Admin > Features and Options > Portal.

Features:
An extra page with subaction who will display your news.
A poll who will display in portal. You can change the poll id in portal settings.

===========

Admin Panel Destekli

Admin -> Forum seçenekleri -> Portal Ayarları

buradan portal ayarlarınızı yapabilirsiniz.

Özellikler :

Subaction olarak duyuru olarak kullanabileceğiniz bir extra sayfa.
Çogu arkadasımızn ıstediği anasayfada anket  admin panelden anket id si giriyorsunuz.

Barış Dokumacı

MY THEMES

The greates enemy will hide in the last place you would ever lock..

Qayyom Ashraf

any Demo (other Site) available in English Version

I am using Tinyportal with default theme, can I use it with my site.

www.JangForum.com
Qayyom Ashraf  |  Karachi-PK |::.www.JangForum.Com.::|

Alpay

Nice portal ℓσяєηz  ;)

Basie

jusplay77

Add this to your BoardDir$/Themes/default/index.template.php after the button of your choice.. (In my example, I put mine after the first button: HOME)

// Show Portal Button
echo ($current_action == 'portal' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '' , '
<td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'portal' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=portal">Portal</a>
</td>' , $current_action == 'portal' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '';

---

Problem Found:

I am running SMF 1.1.4 and I typed in 6.0 for my News Board in the Features & Options settings, and when I click NEWS from the Portal Page, I get a blank page.  The URL is odd as well: BoardDir$/index.php?action=portal;sa=duyuru.  Any ideas?

jusplay77

@ NIBOGO: Your Portal also has the same error when you click NEWS.  Nothing displays in the center.  Any ideas on how to fix this ℓσяєηz??

ℓσяєиz

@ NIBOGO
@ jusplay77

your input board id ?
settings in Admin > Features and Options > Portal.

Barış Dokumacı

MY THEMES

[SiNaN]

Tested in a new, fresh SMF. In the language english and theme default.

While installing the package, it outputs errors but installs it. The errors can be seen from the error log in admin cp.

When a use its function, I mean go to scripturl?action=portal, if after the install I do not set the settings it outputs 3 errors.

After setting the settings, it still outputs errors in error log.

When I tried to uninstall it, it only redirected to a blank page.

It had 48 errors when I tried validation of xhtml.

Quote from: winrules on October 03, 2006, 03:53:01 PM
  • Must successfully install and uninstall on a default install of SMF (unless it is dependant on another mod) for all versions it is compatible with

• Must remove everything on uninstallation that is added in installation (including files and images) with the exception of language entries, database tables, database columns and database rows
  • There must be no unexpected errors in the error log

Now I wonder how this mod is approved? By mistake?

Reported to the Mod Team.

Regards.

-[SiNaN]

Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

Nibogo

Quote from: ℓσяєηz on February 22, 2008, 02:28:09 AM

@ NIBOGO
@ jusplay77

your input board id ?
settings in Admin > Features and Options > Portal.

i dont know what ID i have to select in taht option , please give me an example

sorry but i dont speak english

jusplay77

If you have a forum that you want displayed as NEWS, you SHOULD be able to look at it's url (example: http://www.example.com/smf/index.php?board=37.0) and the ID number would be 37 for that example.  But it doesn't work..

I am awaiting for a fix for that from ℓσяєηz

ℓσяєиz

portal.template.php open

Code (find) Select

$array = genc_boardNews($modSettings['portal_duyuru_id'], $modSettings['portal_duyuru_mesaj'], null, 1000, 'array');

Code (replace) Select

$array = genc_boardNews(37, 5, null, 1000, 'array');

Barış Dokumacı

MY THEMES

jusplay77

That did not fix the problem.. it seems that it did not change anything, as I am still getting the same result when I click news. 

ℓσяєиz

Barış Dokumacı

MY THEMES

zeeshankh

the problem i am having in this mod is that it installs it self in packages.  and there is no "Admin > Features and Options > Portal." what should i do?

zeeshankh

i am getting the following error if i am running my genceportal potal.php. i tried the link; http://www.rangbharde.com/index.php?action=portal [nofollow]

Database Error
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 14
File: /home/zeeshank/public_html/rangbharde/Sources/portal.php
Line: 261

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1.4, while your database is at version 1.1.2. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

ℓσяєиz

Quote from: zeeshankh on March 01, 2008, 01:09:29 PM
i am getting the following error if i am running my genceportal potal.php. i tried the link; http://www.rangbharde.com/index.php?action=portal

Database Error
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 14
File: /home/zeeshank/public_html/rangbharde/Sources/portal.php
Line: 261

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1.4, while your database is at version 1.1.2. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

You can change settings in Admin > Features and Options > Portal.

Barış Dokumacı

MY THEMES

Apllicmz

Advertisement: